Information That ASUS Collect and How ASUS Use ItYou can log on, place an order, request support service or register with us when you visit/use our service (hereinafter referred to as “SERVICE”), it is completely optional for you to engage in these activities. If you elect to engage in these activities, ASUS may ask you to provide us with your personal information. For example:
- We ask you for your first and last name, mailing/shipping address (including zip code), e-mail address, telephone and facsimile number, and other personally identifiable information.
- When you purchase our product or service, we may collect your information to fulfill such payment, e.g. credit card information.
- We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for our customer satisfaction analysis.
- In order to customize our support services to your personal needs we may ask you to provide us with information such as languages you speak or your proficiency with computer technology. However such information is not compulsory.
- If you contact us via telephone, we may keep a record of that correspondence, unless you indicate at any time during the call that you do not want us to keep such record.
- When you submit feedback or questions via e-mail, or contact us for information about our SERVICE, we will request your name and e-mail address. We use this information solely in order to respond to your inquiries.
ASUS collects and uses your personal information solely for the purpose of recording and supporting your participation in the activities you select. For example:
- If you place an order with us, we use your personal information to fulfil our obligations to you under any sale and purchase contract including the processing of any payment and shipment of your product to you.
- If you order a product or service that is to be electronically downloaded, your personal information may be used to register your license and rights to technical support, upgrade, discounts or other benefits that may be made available to registered users.
- If you provide us with a customer satisfaction feedback, such information may be used to improve our products and services.
- If you choose to regularly receive information about our products, services and other special offers, the information provided by you will be used to send such information to you. You may unsubscribe at any time. Subscription to this service is optional and free.
- If you enter a contest, information is collected to qualify the entry and to contact you regarding the contest or prize awards.
WE will not use or transfer to third parties your personal information for any unrelated purposes, unless and to the extent it is required by applicable laws or regulations or the competent governmental or judicial authorities, necessary to establish or preserve a legal claim or defense, or necessary to prevent fraud or other illegal activities.
WE will in particular not sell or market your personal information to any third parties.We will cease using your personal information held by us once the personal information is no longer required for ASUS to carry out the purpose for which the personal information was intended to be used.
SecurityWe take precautions to protect your personal information against unauthorized access or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction. These include internal reviews of our personal information collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store your personal information.
Transmission of personal information between different locations of ASUS affiliated companies is performed through our secured wide area network. When you submit personal information via the SERVICE, your information is protected both online and offline.
However, ASUS cannot guarantee a perfect security on the internet. When using the internet, we recommended that you use alphanumerical usernames and passwords and change your passwords on a regular basis, as well as keep your computer up to date by applying the latest available security updates for your software and using such tools as virus/spyware scanners.
How You Can Access Your InformationWE want to help YOU keep YOUR personal information accurate. YOU may view and change YOUR registration information by logging in and editing YOUR account settings on OUR web site. For the security of YOUR account, YOU will be required to sign in with YOUR login ID and password.
For further inquiries about personal information ASUS stores about YOU, kindly contact us under the below mentioned email address.
Additional Information Concerning Children’s PrivacyWe do not knowingly collect personal information from children without their parent’s or guardian’s consent. We encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests while using the SERVICE.
If you are a child, please seek and verify your parent’s or guardian’s consent. Only after we verify your parent’s or guardian’s consent, you may submit personal information to us. Your parent or guardian can revoke any consent previously given.
Sensitive Personal InformationASUS will never ask you to provide sensitive personal information such as information about your medical or health record, political or religious beliefs, criminal offences alleged or committed criminal conviction background, sexual orientation, sexual life or genetic information. Please refrain from providing us with such information.
Legal Compliance Department
Legal Affairs Center
15, Li-Te Rd.,
Updated August 15, 2012by ASUS Legal Affairs Center