Yes, ASUS 8 series motherboard can support new 4th Gen Intel Core Processors. Please apply a specified tool to update BIOS architecture and then update the BIOS version to the latest one before using new 4th Gen Intel Core Processor. (Please refer to KB 114133：http://www.asus.com/en/support/FAQ/114133)
Refer to below steps for detail procedure:
1. Confirm the model name of your motherboard
2. Install the old 4th Gen Intel Core Processor on your motherboard, start up your PC and enter OS.
3. Visit ASUS’s Website; download the software which is named as “BIOS updater for New 4th Gen Intel Core Processors” from BIOS Utility of the Support Site for your motherboard. Then also download the latest BIOS file.
4. How to use this software?
(1) Double click ‘Update.exe’ file to launch “BIOS updater for New 4th Gen Intel Core Processors”
(2) Click ‘Browse’ and load the ‘.cap’ BIOS file which is downloaded in ‘Step 3’ and click yes to start upgrading. (It is strongly recommended that customers may have to close all unnecessary applications before upgrading)
(3) Wait until upgrade is done, and now you are able to use the new 4th Gen Intel Core Processor on ASUS 8 series motherboard.
Note: If there appears the warning information like the picture which is shown below, Please download “IME Driver (Intel Management Engine Interface Driver)”from Support Site of your motherboard (Path: Support/Drivers&Tools/Chipset）
*Some types of motherboard have got the “USB BIOS Flashback” function, through which, customers could upgrade BIOS to the latest version directly to make motherboard support the new 4th Gen Intel Core Processor.