If I can't enter the system, how can I restore the Windows 8 laptop or PC to factory default settings?
If you can't enter the Windows 8 system, you can try to restore the Windows 8 laptop or PC to factory default settings.
* Please make sure the files in the Windows 8 system are removable.
* If you can boot the system, you can refer to the KB below about how to restore the system to factory default settings.
How to restore a Windows 8 laptop or PC to factory default settings?
If you can't enter the system, the system will enter [Automatic Repair] mode.
If "Automatic Repair" couldn't repair your PC, please click [Advanced options].
Click "Reset your PC".
* Please make sure you have copied any data you need to keep onto a backup drive before proceeding.
Select the proper mode to remove the files
- Only the drive where Windows is installed : Only remove the drive where Windows is installed.
- All drives : Remove the files in all drivers.
Note : It is recommended to back up the important files to the external storage.
Select the proper mode to clean the drive.
Click [Reset] to reset the system.
Note1 : Please make sure the files in the system are removable.
Note2 : It is recommended to plug the power supply.
Finally, if you have any issue about the operation process, please consult with the ASUS Service Center.