- YOU acknowledge that SERVICE will operate only on those hardware and software platforms specified in SERVICE documentation. It is YOUR responsibility to ensure that YOU have the appropriate software, hardware and internet connection to operate the then-current version of SERVICE.
- YOU acknowledge that some content of the SERVICE is provided by third parties, and YOU also acknowledge that this SERVICE may enable access to third parties’ services and websites, YOU agree to enjoy such services and access at YOUR own discretion and such enjoyment shall be subject to the conditions and terms between YOU and such third parties, including but not limited to price of merchandize, order confirmation system, maximum order amount, and product delivery and payment policy. YOU also acknowledge and agree that ASUS will be responsible for neither the agreement between YOU and such third parties nor any content provided by such third parties.
- YOU acknowledge that any software YOU downloaded or obtained via the WEBSITE shall be used in compliance with the End User License Agreement (“EULA”) provided or contained therein.
- YOU acknowledge that nothing in the NOTICE gives YOU a right to use any of ASUS’s trademarks, service marks, product or service names, slogans, logos or images unless YOU have agreed otherwise in writing with ASUS.
- YOU acknowledge that if YOU are found involving in alleged infringements for three times, YOUR access to the SERVICE may be terminated by ASUS in whole or in part.
- YOU acknowledge that this NOTICE may reference other guidelines, notices, agreements provided by ASUS or any information contained in the SERVICE, and such reference shall constitute an integral part of this NOTICE. It is therefore important that YOU read this NOTICE on a regular basis to ensure YOU fully understand YOUR rights and obligations. If YOU do not agree to be bound by this NOTICE and to abide by all applicable law, YOU must discontinue using the SERVICE immediately.
- YOU agree that the electronic format is the sole manner of declaration of intention of this SERVICE or NOTICE.
- YOU are required to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about YOURSELF if prompted and requested by a registration process. YOU may access and correct YOUR personal information at any time.
- YOU may view and change YOUR registration information by logging in and editing YOUR account settings on ASUS website. For the security of YOUR account, YOU will be required to sign in with YOUR login ID and password. YOU are solely and entirely responsible for securing the confidentiality of YOUR password and user name and for any and all activities that occur under YOUR account.
- License and Restriction
- Subject to the terms of this NOTICE, ASUS hereby grants YOU a limited, personal, non-commercial, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-assignable, free of charge license to access to or use the SERVICE. Except for rights granted expressly herein, YOU acknowledge that all other rights remain with ASUS. Any and all rights, including without limitation, in the SERVICE, are and shall remain the exclusive property of ASUS and/or its licensors. Nothing in this NOTICE intends to transfer any such rights, or to vest any such rights to YOU.
- No Removal of Notices: YOU agree that YOU will not remove, obscure, make illegible or alter any notices or indications of any rights and/or ASUS’s rights and ownership thereof, whether such notice or indications are affixed on, contained in or otherwise connected to any materials.
- Third Party Content
- All title and intellectual property rights in and to any third party content that is not contained in the SERVICE, but may be accessed through use of the SERVICE, is the property of the respective content owners and may be protected by applicable copyright or other intellectual property laws and treaties.
- If YOU are aware of any actual or prospective infringement of any content of the SERVICE, or an infringement notification is required in accordance with applicable laws or regulations, please submit the notification to ASUS Legal Compliance Department with the contact information indicated in this NOTICE, ASUS will proceed corresponding procedure in accordance with applicable laws.
- Upon receipt of an infringement notification from a copyright holder or its agent, ASUS will remove, disable YOUR access to or may take other actions to alleged infringing content or services in accordance with applicable laws. If YOU believe that such content or services were not infringing, YOU may submit a counter notification to ASUS Legal Compliance Department with the contact information indicated in this NOTICE, ASUS will proceed corresponding procedure in accordance with applicable laws.
- Term and Termination
- If for any reason this SERVICE is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to force majeure, technical failures, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other cause beyond the control of ASUS which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this SERVICE, ASUS reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the SERVICE subject to any written directions from a relevant governmental authority.
5.2 This NOTICE is effective until terminated by YOU or ASUS. YOUR rights to use the SERVICE will be terminated automatically without notice if YOU fail to comply with the terms and conditions mentioned in this NOTICE. Upon termination of this NOTICE, YOU shall cease all use of the SERVICE either in copies, full or partial.
- Warranty Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
- ASUS ensures that the computer system used in the SERVICE has the reasonable expected safety standard.
- ASUS shall not be responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, caused by the internet user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this SERVICE, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this SERVICE including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or website, software failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of entries and any injury or damage to YOUR computer related to or resulting from participating in this SERVICE.
- YOU acknowledge that the website is provided “as is.” THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THIS SERVICE IS WITH YOU, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO RELATED COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING AND REPAIR. To the extent permitted by law, ASUS MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO This SERVICE OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION OR DOCUMENTATION PROVIDED UNDER THIS NOTICE OR FOR THIS SERVICE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR AGAINST INFRINGEMENT, OR ANY WARRANTY ARISING OUT OF USAGE OR OUT OF COURSE OF PERFORMANCE. ASUS ALSO MAKES NO WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THIS SERVICE OR AS TO THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THIS SERVICE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF THE USE AND/OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SERVICE REMAINS WITH YOU. IN NO EVENT SHALL ASUS, ITS LICENSORS OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF INFORMATION, OR OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS NOTICE OR THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE OR ANY PART THEREOF, EVEN IF ASUS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
YOU agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless ASUS and its affiliates, SERVICE providers, syndicators, distributors, licensors, officers, directors and employees, from and against any and all losses, damages, liabilities, and expenses arising out of any claim or demand (including reasonable attorneys' fees and court costs), due to or in connection with YOUR violation of this Notice or any applicable law or regulation, or third-party right.
For further information regarding this NOTICE and referenced guidelines, contact ASUS Legal Compliance Department by registered mail, facsimile, e-mail or phone at:
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
Company Representative: Jonney Shih
Legal Affairs Center
Legal Compliance Department
Address: 15, Li-Te Rd., Taipei 112, Taiwan
Email: Legal Compliance@asus.com
Telephone: (886) 2 2894 3447
Fax: (886) 2 2890 7674
Updated July 25, 2011 by ASUS Legal Affairs Center