Designed by leading music-industry engineers, Xonar D-KARAX helps eager amateur singers shape their voice and indulge in the latest trend of sharing personal songs online. It offers 96kHz/24-bit playback, real-time microphone input, 7.1-surround sound, a 106dB SNR (signal-to-noise ratio) and a host of studio-level sound effects and vocal tools. Singers can sing in real time and apply the kinds of enhancements that were previously the preserve of professional recording studios. With the user-friendly interface, users can set up a professional grade home-recording studio in just minutes.
Studio-grade vocal effects
Xonar D-KARAX is stuffed with studio-grade vocal effects that helps wannabe stars feel immersed in a professional singing environment. The clear and simple interface lets users set up and start singing in just three simple steps, while loads of studio-grade sound effects help singers sound like stars. These include vocal effects such as high- and low-pass filters, voice equalization, dynamic boost, reverb and compression. Each can be applied with a single mouse click, allowing users to tune their voices with total simplicity — no expertise required.
- Reverb: Apply lifelike environmental sound effects with ease to sound like you're singing anywhere
- EQ: 10-band equalizer for vocal customization
- Compressor/dynamic boost: Optimize your voice with customized voice gains
- High pass filter/low pass filter: Filter out unwanted voices at different frequencies
- Presets: Easily set up vocal effects with presets under each effect
- Advanced settings: Tune audio and add studio-like effects with a single click
Five ready-made master profiles
Ready-made master profiles allow several preset effects to be applied instantly, tuned by music engineers to be perfect for different genres, such as rock, pop or ballad. Advanced settings also exist for those who like to tweak with more precision.
Enjoy access to brilliant studio-grade audio tools
Our team of audio experts developed Xonar D-KARAX with both simplicity and the most demanding users in mind – so it bubbles with studio-grade tools and features.
- Key shifting: Easily modify the pitch of any stereo content
- Vocal cancellation: Remove vocal and leaving original source with music playback; great for music cover
- Stereo mix: Mix and record your stereo content and vocal together
- Import/export presets: Create and share sound effects masterpieces with friends through easy export/import
- Hotkeys: Set up your own hot keys in the Windows toolbar and adjust any time when singing
Real time microphone input and processing
With a hardware-based Cirrus Logic CS47028C DSP (digital-signal processor) on board, Xonar D-KARAX can achieve extreme low microphone latency, so the singer’s voice stays in perfect time with the backing track. By comparison, average onboard audio that lack a hardware DSP can introduce input lags of up to 500ms.
Fantastic sound quality
Enjoy exquisite 7.1-channel surround sound and 106dB signal-to-noise ratio(SNR) crystal-clear audio quality. D-KARAX also benefits from exclusive ASUS Hyper Grounding technology. This eliminates noise by employing a multi-layer PCB (printed-circuit board) to separate power and digital signals from sensitive analog signals.