With the growing trends toward BYOD and mobility, Ericom AccessNow helps businesses and organizations empower end-users with simple and secure access to all the applications, desktops and data they need to work, learn and be productive, while moving down the virtualization path.
Ericom AccessNow™ provides browser-access to Windows-based resources on-site and in the cloud, from any ASUS device (including Chromebooks, tablets, laptops and thin clients), anywhere, streamlining device management and reducing support costs. AccessNow runs entirely within the browser – with no need to install or configure anything on the end-user device.
Access Windows Desktops & Applications from Anywhere using Any Device!
Ericom AccessNow™ enables enterprises and organizations to empower users with the mobility and flexibility to access Windows desktops and applications, either physical or virtual from ASUS devices, including Chromebooks, tablets, laptops and thin clients.
What is AccessNow?
Ericom AccessNow is a high performance HTML5 RDP client that runs entirely inside the browser, using only standard web technologies.
- BYOD-Ready! With AccessNow, nothing is complicated. It runs out-of-the-box and does not require any customization, installation or configuration.
- AccessNow provides a great user experience. It’s extremely intuitive to via any HTML5-compatible browser. Plus it looks, works and performs as well as a native RDP client
- Enables mission-critical business continuity as employees can access their Windows applications and desktops from any end-point device, anywhere, without having to install software or plugins
- Data security. With AccessNow’s unique web browser based approach, sensitive corporate data remains secure with no information left on the user device when the sessions ends.
- AccessNow integrates with leading enterprise and home grown portals
Ericom Secure Gateway (Free option). Enables road warriors or home office workers to securely connect to internal resources from outside the fire-wall — no VPN is required.
How Does AccessNow Work?
It’s so simple! All you need is a Web-browser, and an internet connection.
- Open a web page
- Enter the address of the Ericom Access Server that you’ve installed (the Terminal Server or VDI platform)
- Enter your log-in credentials
- Click ‘Connect’ — The desktop (or application) appears directly inside the browser window - That’s it.
- End-user navigates to the AccessNow URL to start the connection.
- Client connects to Access Server using WebSockets — Access Server is usually installed on RDP host itself.
- Access Server translates WebSocket communication
- to / from RDP.
- Remote Windows desktop / application UI is displayed inside the browser window.
- NOTE: Optionally, client connects to Access Server through Ericom Secure Gateway
AccessNow by Ericom takes advantage of HTML5 Web browser technology to deliver immediate, high-performance RDP access to applications and desktops, from anywhere and on almost any end-user device.
- Automatic keyboard display, enabling keyboard access whenever needed, for an improved user experience
- Supports Intel x86, ARM or any other CPU architecture
- Can act as a high-performance gateway for Websockets, enabling secure remote access to virtual desktops and terminal servers from outside the firewall
- Ericom provides native SSL- secure data transfer, regardless of the computer operating system
- API to control file transfer (upload and download)
- Leverages the HTML5 canvas to display a remote PC desktop, taking full advantage of WebSocket and HTML5 technologies
- Compatible with SSL VPNs and web proxies that do not support WebSockets
- URL redirection– clicking a web link in the remote session optionally opens it in a tab in the local browser
- Remote / local printing – print from the remote host to the end-point device
- Supports File Transfer between the remote host and the local end-user device
- Finger gestures for touch devices makes it easy to page through presentations, quickly scroll through documents, and more
- Supports multiple keyboard locales