This ASUS manufacturer warranty ( the " Warranty ") is granted by ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Taiwan (" ASUS ") to " You ", the purchaser of the newly manufactured computer system this warranty card is being delivered with ( the " Product "), subject to the following terms and conditions. Services under this Warranty will be rendered by ASUS accredited Service Agents and Repair Centers.
Warranty period of the Product:
This warranty applies for the period defined on the label sticker on the back of the Product or on the 1st page of warranty card (" Warranty Period "), for example: 12M means 12 months and 24M means 24 months from the date of purchase. If proof of purchase cannot be provided, the manufacture date of the Product will be considered as date of purchase.
ASUS products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the products repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
You can find more information about the Australian Consumer Law on the ACCC website: www.accc.gov.au (see under " For Consumers " tab). ASUSTek Computer Inc. offers this Warranty in conjunction with any guarantees imposed by the Australian Consumer Law.
ASUS warrants the Product to be free from defects in workmanship and materials for the Warranty Period. The Warranty does not cover bundled accessories, which were delivered together with the Product such as: cables, bag, mouse etc…. If the Product fails during normal and proper use within the Warranty Period, ASUS will repair or replace the defective parts of the Product, or the Product itself, with new or reconditioned parts or products that are functionally equivalent or superior to those originally supplied
This Warranty applies only if the Product was newly manufactured on the date of purchase. Please keep the original purchase invoice and this warranty card for future service request. This Warranty does not include failure caused by improper installation, operation, cleaning or maintenance, accident, damage, misuse, abuse, non- ASUS modifications to the product, any software programs, normal wear and tear or any other event, act, default or omission outside ASUS' control.
All components repaired or replaced by an ASUS accredited Repair Center will be under warranty for the remaining period of Warranty, or for no less than 3 months. The Repair Center may recover the originally configured operation system bundled with the Product. ASUS will not restore or transfer any data or software from the Product's original storage media. If the Product is repaired, all user generated data may be permanently deleted.
If the Product is under Warranty, You hereby agree to transfer the ownership of replaced defective parts and such parts shall automatically become the property of ASUS.
2. Software Support
Any software delivered with the Product is provided “as-is”. ASUS does not guarantee uninterrupted or error-free operation of any software provided with the Product.
This warranty covers the hardware of the Product. ASUS will provide technical support for the pre-installed software the Product is supplied with only to the extent that proper functioning of the hardware is concerned. For other problems with the software, we advise You to review the user manuals, the ASUS support web site and/or other online resources. Third party software may require support from the respective vendors.
3. TFT LCD defect policy
Despite the highest possible standards, the intricate manufacturing of thin-film transistor (TFT) liquid crystal display (LCD) screens may still produce slight visual imperfections. These visual imperfections do not impair the performance of Your Product.
However, ASUS will provide the warranty service for Your ASUS Product's TFT LCD screen only if there are at least:
- 3 bright dots or 5 dark dots or 8 bright and/or dark dots in total; or
- 2 adjacent bright dots or 2 adjacent dark dots; or
- 3 bright and/or dark dots within an area 15 mm in diameter.
(Please note: A bright dot is a white or sub-pixel that is always on under BLACK pattern. A dark dot is a black or sub-pixel that is always off under patterns excluding black.)
- Not less than 30cm distance, in a straight line, between TFT screen and inspector
- Room temperature between 20-40° C
- Lighting is between 300 and 500 lux
4. Customer responsibility
When using the Product
- Read the user manual first and use the Product only according to the user manual.
- Charge the Product only while You use or otherwise attend it; some electrical items are not designed to be left connected to the power supply for extended periods of time.
- Periodically create backup copies of the data stored on the Product.
- Keep the original packaging. In case the Product needs to be returned for repair, original packaging provides a better protection for the Product during transportation.
- Please check the manual and ASUS support website for predefined solutions, before contacting the customer service.
- If the Product is designed with TPM (Trusted Platform Module) function, keep the embedded security chip pre-boot password in a safe place
(Note: Due to the design of TPM, it is not possible for ASUS to reset the embedded security chip pre-boot password. If the password is lost, the Product can only be repaired by replacing the entire motherboard, which is not covered under the warranty.)
When contacting ASUS Customer Service
- Before contacting ASUS technical support, ensure that You have the Product in front of You and that it is turned on, if feasible. Please also be ready to provide the Product's serial number, the model name and proof of purchase.
- Technical support hotline phone number can be found in hotline table in clause 8 (Local Service Information) or at http://www.asus.com/support Since contact information may change, please refer to the website for updated contact information.
- You will be required on request of ASUS to support with troubleshooting of the Product, which may include for example below types of actions
- Recovering the system to restore the operating system, drivers and software to the original configuration the Product had when shipped from the factory Installing updates, patches or service packs
- Running diagnostic tools and programs on the Product
- Allowing ASUS technical support agent to access the Product with remote diagnostic tools (when available)
- Performing other reasonable activities requested by ASUS, which will assist in identifying or resolving the problems
- If the problem is not solved remotely, ASUS will issue a RMA number for Your Product. Please record Your RMA Number for service case tracking purposes.
- Describe the problem clearly and completely on the RMA request form
- Enclose a copy of this completed warranty card and a copy of Your sales invoice/receipt detailing the purchase of Your Product. (Please note: ASUS reserves the right to request the original documents.) If You do not provide the requested documents for warranty validation then the manufacture date of the Product as recorded by ASUS will be deemed to be the date of purchase.
- Ensure that You have fully backed up all the data stored on Your Product and removed any personal, confidential or proprietary information before any service process is started. You agree that ASUS may delete any data, software or programs installed on the Product without restoring it. It shall be Your own responsibility to prevent any permanent loss, damage or misuse of Your data arising out of not creating a backup copy and deleting the data from the unit.
- Pack the Product with its original packaging. The original packaging will provide better protection for the Product during delivery. If the Product is not packaged properly in its original box, ASUS will not be liable for any damage occurred during transit. Please do not send in anything but the Product itself unless specially requested by ASUS. Please remove any accessories as well as any removable storage devices such as memory cards, discs, flash drives, from the Product. ASUS shall have no liability for the loss, damage or destruction of accessories or removable storage devices, unless they are caused by willful or gross negligent acts by ASUS.
- Remove or provide any password the Product is secured with. If access to the Product is blocked by passwords, then ASUS may not detect and repair all failures of the Product.
- If the Product is designed with TPM (Trusted Platform Module) function, provide the embedded security chip pre-boot password
5. Exclusions from this limited Warranty Service
ASUS does not warrant uninterrupted or error-free operation of this Product. The warranty only covers technical hardware issues during the warranty period and in normal use conditions.
It does not apply to software issues or customer induced damages or circumstances such as but not limited to:
- the Product has been tampered, repaired and/or modified by non-authorized personnel;
- the serial number of the Product, components or accessories has been altered, cancelled or removed;
- the warranty seals have been broken or altered;
- damage (accidental or other) to the Product that is cosmetic, meaning damage that does not impact the operation and functioning of the Product, such as without limitation to rust, change in color, texture or finish, wear and tear, gradual deterioration;
- damage to the Product caused by war, terrorism, fire, accident, natural disaster, intentional or accidental misuse, abuse, neglect or improper maintenance, use under abnormal conditions;
- damage to the Product caused by the Product being installed or connected to a peripheral device that is non-ASUS brand or not sold by ASUS;
- damage to the Product caused by improper installation or improper connection to a peripheral device such as printer, optical drive, network card, or USB device etc;
- damage to the Product caused by an external electrical fault or any accident;
- damage to the Product resulting from use outside of the operation or storage parameters or environment detailed in the User's Manual;
- damage to the Product caused by third party software or virus(es); or there is software loss or data loss that may occur during repair or replacement;
- In-usability due to forgotten or lost security passwords.
- In-usability of or damage to the Product caused by contamination with hazardous substances, diseases, vermin or radiation.
- fraud, theft, unexplained disappearance or willful act;
Except as provided in this warranty and to the maximum extent permitted by law, ASUS is not responsible for direct, special, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any breach of warranty or condition, or under any other legal theory, including but not limited to loss of use; loss of revenue; loss of actual or anticipated profits (including loss of profits on contracts); loss of the use of money; loss of anticipated savings; loss of business; loss of opportunity; loss of goodwill; loss of reputation; loss of, damage to or corruption of data; or any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever caused including the replacement of equipment and property, any costs of recovering or reproducing any data stored on or used with the Product. The foregoing limitation shall not apply to death or personal injury claims, or any statutory liability for intentional and gross negligent acts and/or omissions by ASUS. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages; to the extend such jurisdiction is governing this Warranty the above limitations do not apply to You.
6. Out-of-Warranty cases
Returning the Product to the ASUS Repair Center during the warranty period does not automatically mean that it will be repaired free of charge. Upon receiving Your Product, ASUS reserves the right to check the validity of Your Warranty and Your request for Warranty service.
If Your service request is found to be out of Warranty a Service Charge List with an offer for repair will be provided to You. You have the right to accept or reject the repair offer. If You accept the repair we will invoice You for the repair labor, spare parts and other costs stated in the Service Charge List. You must pay the invoice within 4 weeks of the date of issue of the invoice.
In the event that You reject the repair although it was reasonably identifiable for You at the time You returned the Product to the ASUS Repair Center that Your service request is out of Warranty, we reserve the right to invoice You with the handling and storage costs.
The Product will only be returned after receiving the invoiced amounts from You. If You do not pay the invoice by the due date, and the invoice amounts exceed the remaining value of the Product, You agree to transfer the ownership of the Product to ASUS in order to settle the invoice.
7. International Warranty and Support
This Warranty applies in the region of purchase. Additionally this Warranty entitles You during the Warranty Period to international ASUS warranty service in Europe, North America (USA, Canada and Mexico), Asia, Africa and Australia/Oceania, subject to the following additional restrictions: ..
- Service procedures may vary by region,
- Some service and/or spare parts may not be available in all regions
- Localized spare parts (e.g. keyboard/ keymats) may be replaced with the version customary in the region where the repair is requested.
- Some regions may have fees and restrictions that apply at the time of service.
- Certain regions may require additional documentation, such as proof of purchase or proof of proper importation, prior to performing International Warranty and Support
To enjoy the comprehensive international warranty service, visit ASUS Service Center website at http://www.asus.com/support/Contact-ASUS/ for detailed locations
8. Local Service Information
ASUS Service Centre Contact Information
|Australia: ASUS Service Australia Pty Ltd
||Monday to Friday from 9:00am ~ 6:00pm (AEST/AEDT), excluding Public Holidays
||1300 278 788
Gateway Business Park, Unit 7, 63-79 Parramatta Rd, Silverwater NSW 2128
Making a warranty claim
(a) To make a claim You can do one of the following things:
- contact our Call Centre by telephone on 1300 278 788; or
- visit Your retailer (place of purchase) and lodge the claim personally with retail staff; or
- visit Your local ASUS Service Centre (details of locations provided below), and lodge the claim personally with ASUS Service Centre staff.
(b) When You lodge Your claim You should provide a full description of the Product and the reason for the claim.
(c) Once You have lodged Your claim, we will ask You to return the Product. To return the Product, You can do one of the following things:
- return the Product to Your retailer (place of purchase); or
- arrange for the Product to be delivered to ASUS (at Your own expense); or
- request that ASUS arrange a courier to collect the Product from You (This applies only if the Product is covered under the Warranty. ASUS will bear this cost); or
- return the Product to Your local ASUS Service Centre.
(d) You will need to present Your receipt as proof of purchase in order to make a claim under the Warranty. You can do this by:
- emailing a copy of the receipt to us at (email@example.com); or
- including a copy of the receipt with the Product if it is delivered to ASUS for repair; or
- providing a copy to ASUS Service Centre staff if You return Your Product to Your local ASUS Service Centre.
(e) We will then assess Your claim and notify You whether it is covered under the Warranty. The decision whether to repair or replace a Product is at our sole discretion unless there is a “major failure” as defined in the Australian Consumer Law.
(f) If the claim is approved, we will deliver the repaired or replaced Product back to You at our own cost. You will need to provide us with Your contact details so that we can return the Product to You.
(g) If the claim is rejected and we determine the Product is not covered under the Warranty, we will deliver the Product back to You. This will be at Your expense. If Your claim is not covered, ASUS will offer to repair the Product at Your expense.
(h) Please note that our courier service is limited to areas within Australia that are accessible by our couriers. For more information please contact our Call Centre on 1300 278 788.
ASUS contact details
This warranty is provided by:
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
No.15, Lide Rd., Beitou Dist., Taipei City 112, Taiwan