[Wireless Router] ASUS Router Antenna FAQs
1. If router antennas are non-detachable, can I replace them by myself?
When router antennas are non-detachable, please do not bend or disassemble them in order not to void warranty or result in router malfunction.
2. Can I replace router antennas and also use extension cables?
If your router antennas are detachable, it is not recommended to use extension cables to extend antennas. It will result in signal loss or interference.
3. If I detach router antennas, will router stop sending WiFi signal?
No. Router antennas are only used to extend WiFi singals.
4. When my router has more than two antennas, may I only use one antenna?
If your router antennas are detachable, it is not recommended to use one antenna. It may result in abnormal performance.
5. How to adjust router antennas to receive the best WiFi signals?
As the picture below showed, please place your router antennas beased on router manuals to receive the best WiFi signal coverage.
[ASUS Wireless Router] How to improve reception of wireless(WiFi) signals(reduce wireless interference)