******** IMPORTANT! ********
To avoid malfunction of ASUS Control Center Express, you must upgrade to ver. 1.4.27 as soon as possible. Before updating to ver. 1.4.27, please check your current ASUS Control Center Express version in advance.
To check your current ASUS Control Center Express version: Select “Settings” on the dashboard -> Select “Options” -> Select the tab “General Configuration” -> Scroll down and find “Appearance Configuration".
Please update your ASUS Control Center Express software through the following procedures that correspond to your current version.
- Update from ver. 1.4.XX to 1.4.27
Step 1: Update the console: Please download the ASUS Control Center Express ver. 1.4.27 from the download link at https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/14Utilities/ASUS_Control_Center_Express_Setup.zip
Step 2: Install ASUS Control Center Express ver. 1.4.27
Step 3: Update the agent for all client devices: Please select “Client agent updater" on the dashboard
- Update from ver. 1.3.XX (or earlier versions) to ver. 1.4.27
Step 1: Update the console: Please download the ASUS Control Center Express Ver. 1.4.27 from the download link at https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/14Utilities/ASUS_Control_Center_Express_Setup.zip
Step 2: Install ASUS Control Center Express ver. 1.4.27
Step 3: Please re-deploy the agent through the following procedures:
- 3-1: Select “Deploy” on the dashboard
- 3-2: Select “Existed clients” for a list of clients that have been deployed to the agent
- 3-3: Confirm the device information of client device, such as Administrator account and password (Please refer to chapter 3.1.1 in the manual), and select “Re-Deploy”
- 3-4: Successful re-deployment will be marked by a message
To learn more about the update from different versions to 1.4.27 step by step, please go to our Support site: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1046300
1. Make sure the server you wish to install ASUS Control Center Express on meets the ACCE main server requirements.
2. Make sure the account on the main server you wish to install ASUS Control Center Express on has the required installation permissions.
3. Please contact Customer Care if you require more details on installing ASUS Control Center Express
1. The login account and password are case sensitive (default account: administrator, default password: admin).
2. If you already have ASUS Control Center Express installed and re-installing ASUS Control Center Express, check if you had changed the password previously, if so, then login using the password previously set.
3. Please refer to 7.2.1 Account Settings for more details on Account Management settings.
1. Make sure that the license key entered matches the license key on the ASUS Control Center Express card bundled with your product's giftbox.
2. If the license key you entered is an ACC CSM license key, make sure you entered the 18-digit license key in the CSM License Information block.
3. Please refer to 7.1.4 License for more details on adding license keys.
1. Make sure the internet connection of the main server and client device is stable.
2. Both the main server and client device need to be in the same network domain. If the client device and main server are in different network domains, please install the agent manually using the downloaded Agent Installation file or manually add the client device in ASUS Control Center Express. Please refer to 3.1 Deploying agents for more details on the deploying ASUS Control Center Express agents.
1. If the result is "You need to import additional licenses", please make sure the product's license key is entered, and check that there are enough license keys available. The amount of license keys is displayed in the License Information and CSM License Information blocks. Please refer to 7.1.4 License for more details.
2. If the result is "Connect remote fail [SYSTEM ERROR:86, The specified network password is not correct.]", please make sure the administrator account and password was entered correctly when deploying the agent. Please refer to 3.1 Deploying agents for more details on the deploying ASUS Control Center Express agents.
3. If the result is "Connect remote fail [SYSTEM ERROR5, Access is denied.]", please make sure that Remote Service Management under the client device's system firewall setting has been checked. Please refer to 3.1 Deploying agents for more details on the deploying ASUS Control Center Express agents.
4. Please check if ASUS Control Center Express has been installed on the client device. ASUS Control Center should only be installed on the main server, if ASUS Control Center Express has been installed on the client device, please uninstall it on the client device.
1. To maintain system stability, some operating system applications, processes, and services cannot be uninstalled or stopped through ASUS Control Center Express.
2. The application cannot be uninstalled through ASUS Control Center Express if the application is in Silent Mode (i.e. the user needs to confirm manually to complete the uninstallation process) or if a .msi uninstall file was not provided.
3. Please refer to 5.10.3 Software Information for more details.
1. Client devices that have Remote Management Controller support (e.g. RTL8117), can control and view device information using Management Control functions even when the device cannot power on or boot into OS, or if there is no OS installed.
2. Please refer to 5. Management Functions for more details.
1. Normal Mode allows you to flash the BIOS even when the client device is powered off.
2. Recovery Mode can be used to repair the BIOS in scenarios where the client device's BIOS is corrupt or if attacked by malware. Please note that using Recovery Mode will clear all motherboard BIOS settings and data.
3. Please refer to 5.8 Smart BIOS for more details.
1. The RTL8117 functions vary between firmware versions, you can view the client's RTL8117 firmware version under Management Control, or in the RTL8117 option in the client device's BIOS. The RTL8117 firmware can be updated by downloading the latest version from the product site.
2. Download the latest RTL8117 firmware from the product site, then update the firmware using ASUS Control Center Express; or download the RTL8117 firmware update tool from the product site, then update the firmware on the client device. 3. Please refer to 5.9 Firmware Update for more information on updating the RTL8117 firmware using ASUS Control Center Express.
1. Main server: Enable the KVM Enable/Disable KVM option under the Management Functions > Control before connecting to the client device using RTL8117 KVM remote desktop for the first time. Please refer to 4.8.2 Out-of-band Management Remote Desktop for more details.
2. Client device: Restart the client device and enter BIOS, then navigate to Advanced > RTL8117 setting, and select a KVM Display Mode. Please refer to 4.8.2 Out-of-band Management Remote Desktop for more details.
3. To maintain the device's stability, when KVM is enabled on the client device, you will not be able to update the RTL8117 firmware. If you wish to update the RTL8117 firmware, please ensure that KVM is disabled before updating the RTL8117 firmware.