[VPN] IPSec VPN setup on Android
Step 1: Go to the Settings menu on Android.
Note: The screenshots are taken on ASUS ZenFone Android 7.x. The UI may vary from different devices and different versions of Android. Configuration steps are similar.
Step 2: In the Wireless & networks category, tap More > Tap VPN.
Step 3: Tap + at right top corner to open the page of Edit VPN profile
Step 4: Log in web GUI of your router and go to the VPN Server page.
- Enter the VPN profile name on your Android device.
- In the Type field, select IPSec Xauth PSK.
- At the VPN Server page on web GUI of your router, move the slider to ON in the Enable IPSec VPN Server field.
- In the Server IP address field on the Edit VPN profile page, enter the IP address displayed in the Server IP Address field on the VPN Server page.
- Enter the same pre-shared key on both the VPN Server page and the Edit VPN profile page.
- Tap Save on your Android device.
Step 5: Set up your VPN login details and connect to the VPN.
- From the VPN page on your Android device, tap the VPN connection you set up earlier.
- From the VPN Server page on web GUI of your router, enter the user name for accessing the VPN server in the User Name field. Enter the same user name on your Android device.
- From the VPN Server page on web GUI of your router, enter the password for accessing the VPN server in the Password field. Enter the same password on your Android device.
- When done, click the + icon on the VPN Server page.
- Click Apply on the VPN Server page.
- Tap Connect on your Android device
1. If you connect to the router from the Internet through IPSec VPN and cannot access the server inside the LAN, disable or check the LAN server’s firewall settings.
2. If you set up the IPSec VPN connection with your mobile device or PC connected to your router at the same time, when it completes, you may connect to other devices on the LAN through IPSec VPN without the Internet access. If this occurs, disable Wi-Fi on your mobile device or PC and then connect to Internet via the 3G/4G mobile network. Now you are in a different network. Try connecting to the VPN again.
How to get the (Utility / Firmware)?
You can download the latest drivers, software, firmware and user manuals in the ASUS Download Center.
If you need more information about the ASUS Download Center, please refer this link.