ASUS service for Windows Autopilot registration
Order, unbox, deploy!
Registration service process
Step 1. Identify your service provider
- If you have a Cloud Service Provider, please contact your CSP.Learn more about CSP Partner Registration >
- For non-CSP customers, please follow the steps below to onboard existing hardware devices via Windows Autopilot.
Step 2. Give consent to Microsoft
ASUS needs your authorization to register your devices on your behalf. If you have not completed this process, please click here to complete the steps.
- This one-time process authorizes ASUS as an OEM PC partner. It can only be completed by an Azure Active Directory Global Admin or a Microsoft Store for Business Admin.
Step 3. Provide your account info
Provide ASUS with your Tenant ID and Domain name. To find your Tenant ID and Domain name:
- Access the Microsoft Azure Portal.
- Navigate to Azure Active Directory > Overview.
- Tenant ID and Primary Domain fields will appear in the Tenant Information section.
Step 4. Device information uploads
ASUS will upload the device’s hash ID to Microsoft on your behalf before shipping out your orders.
- Meanwhile, configure your desired Autopilot deployment profile on the Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center.
Step 5. Unbox and enjoy!
After unboxing, the devices will self-deploy Autopilot based on your configured profile.
- Windows 10
- Windows 11
Please see Autopilot Requirements for the complete list.*
- MSFT 365 Business Premium subscription
- MSFT 365 F1 or F3 subscription
- MSFT 365 Academic A1, A3, or A5 subscription
- MSFT 365 Enterprise E3 or E5 subscription
- Enterprise Mobility + Security E3 or E5 subscription
- Intune for Education subscription
- Azure Active Directory Premium P1 or P2 and MSFT Intune subscription
Please see Autopilot Licensing Requirements for the complete list.*
For Windows Autopilot, how ASUS can help for clients?
ASUS supports Windows Autopilot, but like other OEMs, we are limited in the device registration service. Windows Autopilot configurations and settings are owned by clients and CSPs (Cloud Solution Partners) only.
Can ASUS SI/VAR partners help clients to register their purchased devices?
If the SI/VAR is a Windows-authorized CSP, yes. Otherwise, it is not allowed.
What’s the last deadline for registering client-purchased devices?
According to the Microsoft Windows Autopilot guide, there’s no limitation on the registration time. We can help clients to register devices on their primary domain at any time. But based on the intent of Windows Autopilot, we recommend doing it before the clients unbox their devices.
Can ASUS re-register shipped devices that are reallocated by SIs/VARs?
Yes. The procedure is to de-register devices first, then register them again.
Are there any CPU platform and OS compatibility issues for Intune management?
TPM attestation support for Intel® TPM 'Tiger Lake' platforms is only supported on devices running Windows 10 21H2 or higher. Please check the links below for further information on compatibility and known issues.
Does hardware replacement affect Windows Autopilot registration? For example if the hardware hash list or product ID is changed?
[Direct registration, with ASUS helping to register] ASUS CSC can help the end-client to update those PKID-changed devices when hardware is replaced on the end-client's primary Azure domain. Please refer to the link below “Windows Autopilot motherboard replacement scenario guidance”.
[Indirect registration, with a CSP helping to register] ASUS can provide an updated hardware hash list to the end-client but cannot help the end-client to de-register or re-register. This process is owned by the CSP. If the end-client registered Autopilot by themselves and want to do an RMA, they should de-register the device from Intune (or MSfB) by themselves first. If the CSP partner registered the device, they likely did so via the MPC. In that case, they should de-register the device from MPC, which will also remove it from the customer IT Admin’s Intune account. CSC repair status update lead-time: 1 working day.
Reference. Microsoft KB for Autopilot replacement:
Any questions? Please contact your local ASUS Commercial Sales team.