ASUS Chromebox CN62
- Compact yet powerful Chrome computer with a 5th generation Intel processor
- Lightning-fast 802.11ac Wi-Fi, with 100GB of Google Drive space free for 2 years
- Generates just 17dB of noise at idle and 31dB at full power - quieter than a library
- Draws just 6W at idle – more efficient than a LED light bulb.
- Easy to set-up, automatically downloads the latest updates and security fixes to stay up-to-date and keep itself safe from viruses and malware.
- Extensive connectivity options with 4K/UHD* output and multi-display support
- Four USB 3.0 ports, with two front-mounted fast charging USB 3.0 ports to charge your mobile devices in half the time.
- VESA-mount compatible — mount it on the back of a monitor or HDTV * Only Intel Core i7 and i3 models support 4K/UHD playback
Keeping you well-connected
ASUS Chromebox 2 features a total of four USB 3.0 ports, with a conveniently-placed front-mounted fast-charge USB 3.0 port to charge your mobile devices in half the time. Chromebox also comes with Bluetooth 4.0, a 4-in-1 card reader, an audio output jack, a Kensington lock, as well as HDMI and DisplayPort++.
Quieter than a library, and more efficient than a LED bulb
ASUS Chromebox 2 operates in remarkable silence thanks to optimized fan settings that keep noise levels down to just 17dB at idle, quieter than the sound made by falling leaves. And it doesn't get much noisier at full load either – at just 31dB, that's as quiet as a library. The fan helps lower operating temperatures, so you're guaranteed silent, stable performance.
ASUS Chromebox 2 also keeps the environment in mind, and delivers incredible energy efficiency thanks to an ultra-low power design that draws as little as 6W at idle– as much as an LED light bulb. This means you can leave Chromebox on overnight to download software updates or back-up files, all without racking up electricity bills.
( Idle ) 6W 20W ASUS
Chromebox Industry Avg.
Chromebox Industry Avg. Idle Full Load 17dB
44% Lower 30dB 31dB
48% Lower 60dB
Idle 17dB ASUS
Full Load 31dB Morning 40dB Conversation 60dB Music 80dB Concert 100dB
Testing configuration: Chromebox 2 | Chrome OS | Intel® Core™ i7-5500U Processor | DDR3L-1600 8G x 2 | M.2 16GB SSD
Secure and safe account-based access
Account-based data access makes ASUS Chromebox 2 the ideal family computer – you can easily switch between accounts while ensuring each user's data is kept private. Guests even have a single sign-in option too. Account-based access keeps track of your history and records, and is synchronized every time you log into your account.
Easy to get started
ASUS Chromebox 2 takes the hassle out of home computing, allowing family members young and old to simply boot up to surf the web, view photos, or watch videos.
Backup and organize photos easily
Easily backup your photos with ASUS Chromebox 2. Simply plug in an SD card to the built-in 4-in-1 card reader and Google+ Photos do the rest.
Thousands of apps to suit your needs
The intuitive Chrome OS interface gives you access to thousands of Chrome apps available for download from the Chrome Web Store. Download tools to help you draft documents, edit photos and videos, or play games – the possibilities are endless!
Compatible with USB devices and accessories
ASUS Chromebox 2 is compatible with a wide range of USB devices ranging from external storage drives, keyboards and mice, webcams and USB hubs*.
*All devices and accessories are sold separately.