Vivobook S 14 Flip (TP3402)
view on your table
View the model in 3D
ASUS Vivobook S 14 Flip
Wow the World with True Power
Get ready for great adventures with Vivobook S 14 Flip, the super-versatile convertible with a 360° hinge that gives you the freedom to work or play, your way. Enjoy the smooth performance of the latest Intel® Core™ processors and fast SSD storage, also give your eyes a treat with its amazing 14-inch 2K NanoEdge touchscreen. It’s the perfect choice for smashing those daily tasks or chilling out in style, and with plenty of ports including the latest Thunderbolt™ 4, it’s easy to connect to anything, anywhere. With a choice of on-trend Quiet Blue or Cool Silver finishes, make Vivobook S 14 Flip part of your world today!
14” 2K NanoEdge display
16:10 aspect ratio, touch screen, Three-sided NanoEdge 85% screen-to-body ratio, TÜV Rheinland
Windows 11 Pro
Up to 12th Gen
Intel® Core™ i7 H Series
ASUS IceCool thermal technology
for accelerated heat transfer
Up to fast
1 TB PCIe® 4.0 SSD
DDR4 3200 MHz memory
18.9 mm / 1.5 kg
thin and light
Full I/O ports
includes 40 Gbps Thunderbolt™ 4, HDMI 2.0 with 4K 60 Hz display support
Up to FHD 3DNR webcam
for clear video calls
Physical webcam shield
for instant privacy
Corning® Gorilla® Glass
ASUS ErgoSense keyboard
for the best typing experience
Fast fingerprint login
with power button (optional)
for efficient data entry (optional)
3.5x louder sound
ASUS AI Noise Cancellation
noise-free video conferencing
Vivobook S 14 Flip makes your everyday computing so much easier. With 16 GB of RAM, an ASUS IceCool cooling system, a 1 TB SSD storage and an ultrafast WiFi 6 connection, Vivobook S 14 Flip always make your daily work easy and convenient.
Windows 11 Pro
Intel® Iris® Xe
Power up for productivity
Vivobook S 14 Flip is powered by a 12th Gen Intel® Core™ processor that makes all your daily computing tasks easier. Whether you’re streaming, browsing, editing or video conferencing, it’s totally ready to make your life easier.
Intel® Iris® Xe
Better performance with no compromise on battery life
Thanks to long-lasting 70 watt-hour batteries, ASUS laptops with H series CPU processors offer ample battery power to keep up with life on the go. It's productivity and leisure without compromises.
* Battery life is based on video playback scenario.16
Cool, quiet and fast!
For always-cool performance, the ASUS IceCool thermal technology in Vivobook S 14 Flip uses upgraded 8 mm and 6 mm heat pipes4, and an IceBlade fan that efficiently accelerates heat transfer. The 79-blade fan and impeller are made of a liquid-crystal polymer, making them lighter and thinner than ordinary fans. In addition, IceBlade fans use a fluid-dynamics bearing that’s quieter and has less vibration than an ordinary bearing!
< 38 dBA
Expand your visual enjoyment
Give your eyes a treat with Vivobook S 14 Flip’s new 16:10 2K FHD NanoEdge touchscreen which covered with Corning Gorilla® Glass NBT™ for enhanced scratch resistance in everyday use and an expansive 85% screen-to-body ratio, everything just looks better. It’s also certified by TÜV Rheinland for its low blue-light levels, so your eyes are cared for even during the longest viewing sessions.
2048 x 1280
Corning Gorilla® Glass NBT™
Corning® Gorilla® Glass NBT™
Clear, ultra-durable touchscreen
The Corning® Gorilla® Glass enhances visual clarity with excellent transmission rate ensuring a better visual experience with brighter images and truer colours. It’s also strictly tested for proven durability that’s better than ever. Corning® Gorilla® Glass NBT™ is strictly tested15 and is proven to be more durable than ever. The retained strength and scratch resistance of the glass surface are significantly superior to traditional soda-lime glass, so it’s more resistant to swipes, taps and stylus use. Any slight scratches that do occur are also less visible.
On the go, non-stop
Enjoy uninterrupted on-the-go productivity with the long-lasting 50 Wh battery in Vivobook S 14 Flip. You can stay productive and entertained anytime, anywhere — and for longer!
Colours and Design
Be bold, be cool, be you!
Vivobook S 14 Flip is finished in your choice of trendy Quiet Blue or classic Cool Silver, with a metal lid for that extra special feel. Inside, the warning-striped Enter key adds to the unique vibe. It’s easy to take anywhere, too, with its 1.5 kg-light chassis and backpack-friendly ultraslim profile. Vivobook S 14 Flip fits into your world, wherever it takes you!
Tough and durable
For the ultimate durability, the precision-engineered 360° hinge on Vivobook S 14 Flip undergoes a 20,000-cycle open-and-close test. Use it in laptop, tent, stand or tablet mode — or anything in between — with the assurance that your Vivobook S 14 Flip will always be ready for action, for years to come!
ASUS Pen 2.0
Creativity at your tips
Vivobook S 14 Flip is designed for the ultimate touch experience, with a responsive touchscreen that’s covered with tough Corning Gorilla® Glass NBT™ and detects even the subtlest fingertip movements. ASUS Pen 2.0 support means you can let your creativity flow with a natural responsive feel, with no need to worry about scratching the tough screen.Learn more about ASUS Pen 2.0
The well-connected laptop
Vivobook S 14 Flip has all the I/O ports you need, connecting all your existing peripherals, displays and projectors is a cinch. The ultrafast Thunderbolt™ 4 USB-C® port supports 4K external displays and up to 40 Gbps data transfers. There’s an HDMI® 2.0 port supporting 4K 60 Hz displays and a 10 Gbps USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A port, plus an audio combo jack for the ultimate convenience.
Brilliantly nuanced ErgoSense keyboard
It’s our mission at ASUS to elevate human interaction with technology to a higher and more intuitive level than ever before. The latest ASUS ErgoSense keyboard is engineered to enable an unrivaled input experience that’s in harmony with how you move, feel and touch. Your comfort is our highest priority. That’s why the ErgoSense keyboard has an incredibly satisfying feel, with the optimum bounce and travel calculated with fine-tuned precision. Experience the ErgoSense keyboard, and you’ll soon find yourself cruising effortlessly through your work.
It’s time to say hello to ErgoSense, and goodbye to cramped laptop keyboards! The full-size 19.05 mm key pitch is the same as a desktop keyboard, so you can whizz through your work with superb typing comfort and accuracy.
Dished key caps
The 0.2 mm key-cap dish is designed to match the shape of your fingertips. The smooth-edged indent is carefully crafted for a comfortable yet precise feel, so your fingers are gently guided to the ideal contact point with the keys.
Long key travel
Good tactile feedback is important to let you know that your key press has been registered. The long 1.4 mm key travel lets you type without having to use too much force. And underneath the key, there’s a rubber dome crafted by keyboard experts here at ASUS. It guarantees your click force is met with just the right tactile bump you need for accurate feedback.
The touchpad, reinvented
ASUS Antibacterial Guard
99% bacterial inhibition. Your health safeguarded.
The surface of any laptop harbors thousands of potentially harmful bacteria. To keep your laptop hygienic, it’s protected by ASUS Antibacterial Guard – a special surface treatment that keeps the bugs at bay. In fact, Antibacterial Guard has been scientifically proven8 to inhibit the growth of bacteria9 by more than 99% over a 24-hour period, ensuring the surfaces2 of your laptop clean and sanitary for longer and reducing the spread of potentially harmful bacteria via contact.Learn more about ASUS Antibacterial Guard
Watch ASUS Antibacterial Guard video
ASUS Antibacterial Guard
Without ASUS Antibacterial Guard a sample of 10,000 bacterial cells grew to 28,000. Performing the same test with Antibacterial Guard saw the count reduced to just 16 — a growth restriction of more than 99%. Our test adheres to ISO 221969 and involves both E. coli and Staphylococcus aureus.
All bacteria can be classified by Gram staining into Gram positive or Gram negative, named after bacteriologist Hans Christian Gram. The ISO 221969 test defines Staphylococcus aureus and E. coli respectively as Gram positive and Gram negative. Many industries choose these two bacteria as test targets — and it is these that are tested against ASUS Antibacterial Guard.
The ASUS Antibacterial Guard treatment consists of positively-charged silver ions and is durable enough for at least three years of normal usage10. Household cleaning products and agents such as alcohol wipes and soap water won’t easily wear away the silver-ion surface treatment, ensuring ASUS Antibacterial Guard’s long-lasting bacterial-inhibiting effect.
Safe and secure
With its integrated webcam shield and built-in fingerprint sensor, Vivobook S 14 Flip takes great care of your privacy and security.
Accessing Vivobook S 14 Flip has never been easier or more secure. With a fingerprint sensor on the power button and Windows Hello, there’s no need to type in your password every time — all you need is just a single touch.
Vivobook S 14 Flip takes your privacy and security seriously. There’s an integrated privacy shield that slides over the webcam for instant privacy, shielding you against prying eyes and disturbances.
Real-time webcam image optimization
ASUS 3D Noise Reduction (3DNR) Technology and the new webcam effects in MyASUS take your video-calling experience to the next level. 3DNR significantly upgrades the webcam image clarity, with a unique algorithm that sharpens images and performs real-time de-noising to make sure everything looks crisp and clear during video calls. The webcam effects in MyASUS add several useful image-processing features, including Background Blurring for enhanced privacy; Lighting Optimization to keep faces out of shadow; Motion Tracking to always keep you center-frame; and Eye Tracking to reduce the effect of your eyes wandering away from the camera.
Next-level ASUS AI Noise-Cancelling Technology
To provide exceptional remote-working and video-conferencing experiences, Vivobook S 14 Flip features ASUS AI Noise-Cancelling Technology that employs machine learning in order to isolate unwanted noise from human speech. This technology helps to filter out ambient noise for optimum group conference-call quality.
Turn on your device’s audio and try the demo to experience the amazing difference that AI Noise-Cancelling Technology can make in different environments.
Vivobook S 14 Flip equipped with an amazing Dolby Atmos stereo sound system that’s certified by the audio experts at Harman Kardon. Dolby Atmos lets you hear music, movies or podcasts with crystal-clear multi-dimensional sound, and the smart amplifier delivers higher volume with less distortion. Vivobook S 14 Flip giving you a surround-sound audio that you’ve never experience before.
Smart Amp — 350% louder sound, zero distortion
The volume-enhancing, distortion-suppressing dual-channel smart amplifier is equipped with a powerful DSP chip that can drive the twin speakers at the maximum volume possible while preventing long-term damage to the sensitive speaker voice coils. Creating or listening to audio in your videos, movies, music or games has never sounded better!
Our smart amplifier system uses a high-power amplifier that can increase speaker volume by up to 350%.
The smart amplifier helps to deliver clearer audio by boosting volume across the entire audio spectrum, not just at certain frequencies. This ensures crystal-clear highs and powerful bass for a superlative audio experience.
The smart amplifier’s output is intelligently matched to the speaker’s physical capabilities, fine-tuning the system across the entire spectrum to ensure distortion-free audio at any volume level. The result is a high-quality audio experience and reliable long-term operation.
Fine-tuned with ASUS WiFi Master technology
Vivobook S 14 Flip offers a comprehensive range of wireless connectivity. The latest WiFi 6 allows you to load online content in the blink of an eye, and it’s made even better by ASUS WiFi Master technology, which includes ASUS WiFi SmartConnect. WiFi SmartConnect automatically selects the best WiFi source, so your laptop connects seamlessly to the best WiFi signal and known mobile hotspots.
Your PC just got better
MyASUS provides easy access to ASUS apps that are designed to help you maintain your system, update your software, optimise your PC’s performance, and contact ASUS for after-sales service and support.Learn more about MyASUS
Your on-the-go work and play space
GlideX is a cross-device screen-sharing solution that uses wired or wireless connections to give you a bigger and better space for work and play. With Screen Mirror you can project your device’s screen to PC for easier keyboard input on a bigger space; with Screen Extend you can create more space turning your tablet into a secondary display on the go. GlideX optimises your workflow in the blink of an eye!.Learn more about GlideX
SCREENXPERT 3 FOR ASUS PCS
Manage app windows across displays connected to your ASUS PC
The ScreenXpert 3 — which you can download from Microsoft store or find in your PC’s Start menu — helps you to manage app windows across displays connected to your ASUS PC. It also lets you turn your camera or microphone on and off and check their status on your PC’s screen without using the keyboard. ScreenXpert 3 for ASUS PCs puts you in full control of your workflow!Learn more about ScreenXpert 3
- ASUS Pen is optional.
- ASUS Antibacterial Guard is applied on the laptop areas that users touch most frequently, including the palm rest area, keyboard, touchpad (or ASUS NumberPad) and power button/fingerprint sensor.
- Performance claim is based on the Cinebench R20 Multi Core benchmark, comparing the score of Zenbook 14X UX5401ZAS tested by ASUS in January 2022 (configured with an Intel Core i7-12700H CPU, 16 GB LPDDR5, and a 1 TB PCIe 4.0 SSD) to Zenbook 14X UX5401ZA (with an Intel Core i5-12500H CPU, 8 GB LPDDR5, and a 512 GB PCIe 3.0 SSD), and Zenbook 14X UX5401EA (with an Intel Core i7-1165G7 CPU, 16 GB LPDDR4x, a 1 TB PCIe 4.0 SSD). Test settings: select Performance mode under Fan profile in MyASUS, and idle the laptop for 30 to 60 seconds prior to running the benchmark under AC mode.
- The component placement is for reference only, and may vary by model and configuration.
- Product weight may vary according to device configuration.
- Touchpad is 50% larger compared to Vivobook 14 Flip TP470 (10.4 x 6.05 cm).
- Please note that all versions of NumberPad 2.0 only work with the Microsoft Windows operating system.
- Tested by an independent third-party laboratory according to the ISO 22196 standard (Measurement of antibacterial activity on plastics and other non-porous surfaces).
- ISO 22196:2011 specifies a method of evaluating the antibacterial activity of antibacterial-treated plastics, and other non-porous, surfaces of products (including intermediate products).
- Note that the protective effects of ASUS Antibacterial Guard were tested by ASUS on April 26, 2021, and follow the ISO 22196 method on our specially-treated test samples. The tests provide a simulation of three years of wear and tear, and include exposure to salt spray, thermal shocks, and both alcohol and wool-felt tests. Actual effective antibacterial-protection period may vary depending on product configuration and usage.
- Fingerprint sensor on power button option optional.
- 802.11ax 2x2 160 MHz enables 2402 Mbps maximum theoretical data rate, ~3x faster than standard 802.11ac 2x2 80 MHz (867 Mbps) and nearly 6x faster than baseline 1x1ac (433 Mbps) Wi-Fi as documented in IEEE 802.11 wireless standard specifications, and require the use of similarly configured 802.11ax wireless network routers.
- This amendment defines standardised modifications to both the IEEE 802.11 physical layers (PHY) and the IEEE 802.11 Medium Access Control layer (MAC) that enable at least one mode of operation capable of supporting at least four times improvement in the average throughput per station (measured at the MAC data service access point) in a dense deployment scenario, while maintaining or improving the power efficiency per station. For additional details visit: https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/14/11-14-0165-01-0hew-802-11-hew-sg-proposed-par.docx.
- “Up to 75% lower latency” is based on Intel simulation data of 802.11ax with and without OFDMA using 9 clients. Average latency without OFDM is 36 ms, with OFDMA average latency is reduced to 7.6 ms. Latency improvement requires that the AP and all clients support OFDMA.
- Testing done on discrete parts, using soda-lime glass as comparative reference. Figures and tests provided by Corning.
- Battery tests conducted by ASUS on January 21, 2022 using the 1080p Video Playback scenario. Test configuration: Vivobook 16X OLED (X1603ZA), OLED panel, Intel i7-12700H and i7-1260P, 1 TB SSD, 16 GB RAM, 70 Wh battery. Test settings: WiFi enabled but disconnected (not connected to any access point), Windows Power Plan set to Balanced, display brightness set to 150 cd/m2. Actual battery life may vary depending on product configuration, usage, operational conditions and power management settings. Battery life will decrease over the lifetime of the battery.