Zenbook 14X OLED Space Edition (UX5401, 12th Gen Intel)
Commemoration of the 25th anniversary of the first ASUS laptop in Space
Space exclusive design
ZenVision smart display
14” 2.8K OLED display
ASUS ErgoSense keyboard
15.9 mm / 1.4 kg
Unique space-themed design
The spirit of exploration
Your interplanetary journey starts here
Don’t throw the box away
Customisation through MyASUS
Tough enough for outer space
Frequency: 20 -2000 Hz
Operational at 61°C
Operational at -24°C
A cosmic visual experience!
5 reasons to choose ASUS OLED laptops
Extraordinary audio experience
Performance enhancement with IceCool
USB-C® Easy Charge
Power anytime, anywhere
Lightning-fast and ultra-versatile
Keyboard & Touchpad
ASUS ErgoSense Keyboard and Touchpad
Full-sized keyboard 19.05 mm
It’s time to say hello to ErgoSense, and goodbye to cramped laptop keyboards! The full-size 19.05 mm key pitch is the same as a desktop keyboard, so you can whizz through your work with superb typing comfort and accuracy.
Dished key caps 0.2 mm
The 0.2 mm key-cap dish is designed to match the shape of your fingertips. The smooth-edged indent is carefully crafted for a comfortable yet precise feel, so your fingers are gently guided to the ideal contact point with the keys.
Long key travel 1.4 mm
Good tactile feedback is important to let you know that your key press has been registered. The long 1.4 mm key travel lets you type without having to use too much force. And underneath the key, there’s a rubber dome crafted by keyboard experts here at ASUS. It guarantees your click force is met with just the right tactile bump you need for a nice grip.
The hydrophobic coating applied to our touchpad has a high water-contact angle. This means the nanotech-like surface provides smoother feedback for every scrolling movement. It’s like touching silk!
We apply a high-end PVD anti-fingerprint coating that ensures excellent resistance to wear and tear. This coating also makes the surface really easy to clean. And even after more than 10,000 slides, the touchpad will still be as smooth as new.
AI Noise Suppression
Next-level AI noise-cancelling audio technology
Truly personalised workflow
Your PC just got better
Your on-the-go work and play space
- The visual appearance of OLED displays may change over the product’s lifetime. This is expected behavior that can include image persistence or burn-in, where the display shows a faint remnant of an image even after a new image appears on the screen. This tends to occur only in extreme use cases, such as when a static, high-contrast image is continuously displayed for prolonged periods of time. ASUS laptops with an OLED display minimise this risk by setting Windows’s Dark mode as default, as well as shortening the idle time before the screen is turned off — both on mains (AC) and battery (DC) power. This dual approach minimises the potential for burn-in to maximise the lifespan of your OLED display lifespan, and also reduces unnecessary power draw for optimal battery life. We also recommended adjust the brightness of your OLED display to complement the ambient lighting in your environment, rather than keeping the screen at maximum brightness at all times. You should also ensure that you have an animated, dark-background screensaver enabled in the Windows Settings tool.
- The stated 3 mm width of the side bezel is the distance between the edge of the non-active screen display area and the inside edge of the case. If the case width is included, the side bezel width is 4.3 mm. Measured based on standard (anti-glare) display configuration. The top bezel width is 5.86 mm and the bottom bezel width is 8.02 mm.
- The laptop is not in any way coated with Titanium metal. The colour selection is inspired by the space metal Titanium.
- ZenVision content customisation on MyASUS is only exclusive to the laptops with the outer smart displays.
- US Space Systems Command Standards (SMC-S-016A) are the test requirements for equipment on space missions. The full qualification ensures that space vehicles are flightworthy: Zenbook 14X OLED Space Edition has passed the parameters for Vibration and Survival Operational Temperature. See the detailed criteria at TEST REQUIREMENTS FOR LAUNCH, UPPER-STAGE AND SPACE VEHICLES (2014).
- Effective working area of Zenbook 14X OLED Space Edition (14.0”, 16∶10 panel compared to a 14.0”, 16∶9 panel with horizontal resolution of 1920 and 125% Windows scale setting.)
- Compared to average LCD displays in the market, measuring energy emission of blue light in between 415-455 nm wavelength.
- Compared to average LCD laptop panel. Average LCD display has 10 ms response time.
- To enable Performance Mode, please keep the laptop plugged in for the best performance, set the Windows power option as ASUS Recommended Mode, and select Performance Mode in the MyASUS software.
- Test score may vary according to specifications.
- Unless otherwise stated, all performance claims are based on theoretical performance. Actual figures may vary in real-world situations.
- Weight might vary according to specifications.
- The charging speed of a Power Delivery charger will match the connected adapter’s power output, up to a maximum of 100 watts. USB-C® Easy Charge provides 4.5 watt charging when connected to a non-Power Delivery charger, including most portable and USB Type-A to USB-C® chargers. Some portable chargers may not support such features, depending on the configuration.
- Zenbook 14X OLED Space Edition UX5401ZAS with an Intel 12th Gen processor can support a maximum of four displays: the laptop’s own display, plus three external displays attached to the two Thunderbolt™ 4 ports and the HDMI port.
- Please note that all versions of NumberPad only work with the Microsoft Windows operating system.
16∶10 NanoEdge display
Smart Amp — 350% louder sound, zero distortion
Fine-tuned with ASUS WiFi Master technology
Clearer conference calls
Switch between apps
Show all open windows
Swipe up with three fingers on the touchpad
Show the desktop
Swipe down with three fingers on the touchpad
Switch between open apps or windows
Swipe left or right with three fingers on the touchpad
Switch between desktops
Swipe left or right with four fingers on the screen