ASUS Zenbook 14X OLED (UX3404)
ASUS Zenbook 14X OLED
Powerful. Portable. Incredible.
Put your mobile life on a rock-solid footing with the new Zenbook 14X OLED. This new eco-friendly thin-and-light laptop has a choice of Sandstone Beige, with a remarkable new ceramic-like finish on the lid, or serene Inkwell Gray. Inside, there’s one of the latest 13th Gen Intel® Core™ H-Series CPUs with 32 GB of fast LPDDR5 memory and a 1 TB PCIe® 4.0 SSD. There’s also a bigger 14.5-inch 16:10 2.8K 120 Hz OLED HDR NanoEdge display1, NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3050 graphics, and a longer-lasting 70 Wh battery. Zenbook 14X OLED delivers more — in every way!
Intel Evo verification applies to selected models and configurations. Zenbook 14 X OLED (UX3404) with an Intel Core processor and Intel Iris Xe graphics is an Intel Evo-verified model.
ASUS No.1 OLED: GFK and NPD combined retail data in 2021 Q4~2022 Q3, worldwide market.
See more incredible
14.5” 120 Hz 2.8K (2880 by 1800) OLED HDR NanoEdge touchscreen2; 0.2 ms response time; 100% DCI-P3 colour gamut; up to 600 nits peak brightness
Windows 11 Pro
Up to 13th Gen
Intel® Core™ i9-13900H
Up to 45 W
with ASUS IceCool technology
Up to NVIDIA®
GeForce RTX™ 3050
with NVIDIA® Studio drivers
Plasma Ceramisation Coating
premium ceramic-like finish
1 TB PCIe® 4.0 x4
32 GB LPDDR5
4800 MHz memory
Full I/O ports
2 x Thunderbolt™ 41 x USB-A 3.2 Gen 2HDMI 2.1, audio jack
FHD IR Camera
with RGB light sensor
immersive multi-dimensional sound
350%-louder distortion-free audio
Colours to match your soul
Two sophisticated new colours for your perfect Zenbook experience.
WARM AND INVITING
ELEGANT AND MODERN
Eco-friendly ceramic-like finish
The Sandstone Beige finish uses a brand-new plasma ceramisation technique5 to create a ceramic-like coating with a 8H hardness6 that shuns fingerprints and is resistant to fading and wear. This eco-friendly process is halogen free and generates low toxic emissions, protecting the aluminium with less environmental impact.
THIN AND LIGHT
Compact yet powerful
Designed to give you the best of all worlds, Zenbook 14X OLED delivers uncompromising performance in a compact, slim and lightweight design, along with a powerful long-lasting battery that keeps you productive for longer. It’s ready to tackle anything, anywhere!
Master of any task
Zenbook 14X OLED makes light work of any task, thanks to the full multitasking power of up to the latest 13th Gen Intel® Core™ i9 processor combined with 32 GB RAM and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 graphics. An ultrafast PCIe 4.0 x4 SSD ensures fast access to your apps and data, and you can enjoy gigabit-class wireless connections with the latest WiFi 6E (802.11ax).
Windows 11 Pro
13th Gen Intel® Processor
PCIe® 4.0 x4 SSD
Effortless graphics power
The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 discrete graphics in Zenbook 14X OLED give you high-performance graphics power to make tasks such as graphic and video editing truly effortless.
GeForce RTX™ 3050
Boost performance with ASUS IceCool
The advanced ASUS IceCool cooling system gives you full control over the balance between performance and fan noise. Performance mode maximises the fan speed, so the CPU can deliver its top performance. Whisper mode provides cool and quiet power-saving operation, and Standard mode intelligently optimises all parameters for everyday tasks.
To change fan mode quickly, just use the Fn + F key combination.
Maximises performance and thermal parameters for heavy workloads
Intelligently optimises performance, thermal, and power parameters for everyday tasks
Cool and quiet power-saving operation
See more, See clearer
Enjoy clearer, brighter and more vivid colours with the bigger 14.5-inch NanoEdge OLED HDR display.Learn more about ASUS OLED display
2880 by 1800
ultrafast response time
Exhilarating OLED displays
Bring scenes to life with professional-grade colours.
Leading 120 Hz motion clarity
More frames per second, so fast-moving visuals are smoother and clearer than ever.
Make it personal, ASUS Splendid
Fully customisable colour with sRGB, DCI-P3, Display-P3, and Native options.
Corning® Gorilla® Glass
A display surface that’s six times more durable than ordinary laptop glass.
Zenbook 14X OLED frees you from the power outlet. With its long-lasting 70 Wh battery you can stay productive for the whole working day, and you can quickly top it up thanks to fast-charge technology.
fast-charge to 60%
Zenbook 14X OLED is packed with all the I/O ports you need for easy connectivity to the latest devices and peripherals. The latest ultrafast Thunderbolt™ 4 USB-C® ports support fast charging, 4K UHD external displays and up to 40 Gbps17 data transfers, and there’s also an HDMI® 2.1 port and a USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A port. Communications and audio I/O are taken care of by the convenient audio combo jack.
Thunderbolt™ 4 USB-C®
Audio combo jack
USB 3.2 Gen 2
Break the sound barrier
For unrivalled audio quality, ASUS Laptop Zenbook 14X OLED has a stereo sound system certified by the audio experts at Harman Kardon. It delivers powerful, immersive sound that’s crystal-clear.
The immersive Dolby Atmos® technology indulges you in your favourite entertainment with sound that moves all around you, adding breathtaking realism to music, movies and TV.
Always in the best listening spot
Dive into a multi-dimensional cinematic sound experience with Dolby Atmos.
Maximum possible volume
Using a Smart Amplifier and ASUS Audio Booster technology, the audio volume is boosted by up to 5.25x.
AI camera and audio system
Take back control of your meetings with our innovative camera system and ASUS AI noise-cancelling audio technology, with new algorithms to make your conference calls even more productive.
Best online meeting experience
ASUS AiSense camera makes sure that you always look your best during virtual conferences.
Hear and be heard clearly
Two-Way AI Noise Cancellation leverages a massive deep-learning database to reduce background noise for microphone and audio.
Designed for you
We go the extra mile to give you a more effortless and joyful experience, at work or play.
Perfect brightness and colour tone!
The ambient light colour sensor auto-adjusts for changes in the environment brightness and colour temperature.
Real-time tracking your presence
The AI-powered camera and sensor can sense your awareness and presence, providing the seamless interaction with your laptop.
The FHD infrared (IR) camera allows you to unlock your laptop quickly and securely. It also powers an adaptive dimming feature that darkens your screen when you look away!
Easy sharing and creating
Enjoy easy sharing with a 180° lay-flat hinge design. It’s a perfect match for the latest ASUS Pen 2.0 with its 4096 pressure levels.
ErgoSense keyboard, comfortable typing experience
The ASUS ErgoSense keyboard has an incredibly satisfying feel, with the optimum key bounce and travel, calculated with fine-tuned precision.
ErgoSense touchpad, smooth as new, with every touch
The ASUS ErgoSense touchpad is smooth, comfortable, responsive and easy to clean.
World’s most strictly tested US military-grade laptop durability23
ASUS laptops24 are engineered with extraordinary toughness meet the exacting US MIL-STD-810H military-grade standard, undergoing 12 rigorous test methods and 26 punishing test procedures — exceeding industry standards. The upshot is a range of products that are renowned for reliability and durability. These factors also inherently benefit longevity and thus sustainability, so you can work, travel or relax with the confidence that your ASUS laptop is ready for the real world — today, and long into the future.Learn more about each laptop quality test results
military-grade test methods
military-grade test procedures
extreme temperature endurance
humidity tolerance for 10 days
1. Functional shock
Operational, Unpackage, 40 g, 11 ms, 18 shocks
2. Transportation shock – on road
Non-operational, Package, 5.1-7.6 g, 11 ms, 3-42 shocks
Non-operational, Unpackage, 30-50 g, 18 shocks
4. Crash hazard shock
Non-operational, Unpackage, 75 g, 6 ms, 12 shocks
5. Bench handling
Operational, Unpackage, 100 mm
6. Two-wheeled trailer
Non-operational vibration: 5-500 Hz
Duration: 32 minutes
7. Wheeled vehicle
Non-operational vibration:5-500 Hz
Duration: 40 minutes
8. Common Carrier
Operational vibration: 5-500 Hz
Duration: 60 minutes
High Temperature Test
9. Basic hot storage and transit
Non-operational, 30~63°C, 168 hours, 5~44% humidity
10. Basic hot operational
Operational, 30~43°C, 72 hours, 14~44% humidity
11. Hot dry storage and transit
Non-operational, 33~71°C, 168 hours
12. Hot dry operational
Operational, 32~49°C, 72 hours
Low Temperature Test
13. Basic climatic storage and transit
Non-operational, -25~-33°C, 168 hours
14. Basic climatic operational
Operational, -21~-32°C, 72 hours
15. Cold climatic storage and transit
Non-operational, -37~-46°C, 168 hours
16. Cold climatic operational
Operational, -37~-46°C, 72 hours
Sand and Dust Test
17. Blowing dust
Particle density: 10 +/- 7 g/m3
Air velocity: 300~1750 ft/min
18. Blowing sand
Particle density: 1.2 g/m3
Air velocity: 28 m/s
19. Altitude storage
Non-operational, 40,000 feet, -20°C, 12 hours
20. Altitude operation
Operational, 15,000 feet, 5°C/40°C, 12 hours
Freeze and Thaw Test
21. Freeze and thaw test
Humidity: 95% RH
Duration: 1 hour, 3 cycles
22. Humidity test
Humidity: 95% RH
Duration: 10 days
Temperature Shock Test
23. Temperature shock
Duration: 1 hour, 3 cycles
Solar Radiation Test
24. Solar radiation
Spectral irradiance: 1120 W/m2, 49°C
Duration: 24 hours, 3 cycles
Mechanical Vibration Test
25. Mechanical vibration
Frequency: 4-33 Hz
Duration: 2 hours
Explosive Atmosphere Test
26. Explosive atmosphere
Altitude: 15,000~3300 feet
Explosive air: 95% n-Hexane
Truly personalised workflow
MyASUS hosts a collection of handy ASUS apps and tools that help you get more out of your laptop. GlideX is a powerful cross-device screen-sharing solution. ScreenXpert helps you to manage app windows across displays connected to your ASUS PC, giving you full control of your workflow!
MyASUS provides easy access to ASUS apps that are designed to help you maintain your system, update your software, optimise your PC’s performance, and contact ASUS for after-sales support.Learn more about MyASUS
GlideX is a cross-device screen-sharing solution that uses wired or wireless connections to give you a bigger and better space for work and play. GlideX optimises your workflow in the blink of an eye!Learn more about GlideX
ScreenXpert for ASUS PCs
ScreenXpert for ASUS PCs — which you can download from Microsoft Store or find in your PC’s Start menu — helps you to manage app windows across displays connected to your ASUS PC and puts you in full control of your workflow!Learn more about ScreenXpert for ASUS PCs
- The visual appearance of OLED displays may change over the product’s lifetime. This is expected behavior that can include image persistence or burn-in, where the display shows a faint remnant of an image even after a new image appears on the screen. This tends to occur only in extreme use cases, such as when a static, high-contrast image is continuously displayed for prolonged periods of time. ASUS laptops with an OLED display minimise this risk by setting Windows’s Dark mode as default, as well as shortening the idle time before the screen is turned off — both on mains (AC) and battery (DC) power. This dual approach minimises the potential for burn-in to maximise the lifespan of your OLED display lifespan, and also reduces unnecessary power draw for optimal battery life. We also recommended adjust the brightness of your OLED display to complement the ambient lighting in your environment, rather than keeping the screen at maximum brightness at all times. You should also ensure that you have an animated, dark-background screensaver enabled in the Windows Settings tool.
- Touchscreen is optional.
- Weight might vary by specifications.
- ASUS Pen 2.0 is optional.
- Also known as plasma electrolytic oxidation, or PEO.
- The 8H Pencil Hardness Test exclusively evaluates the coating’s hardness, it does not examine any other qualities. The hardness tests were conducted by ASUS on 31st October, 2022. Test configuration: Zenbook UX3404 Sandstone Beige model chassis. Test settings: 765g pencil to draw on the chassis while the pencil tip and laptop surface form a 45-degree bevel angle without leaving a notch. The degree of hardness is 8H for PEO treatment, scratches will be marked when the frictions include dusts or sands with Quartz (hardness over 9H).
- WiFi 6E availability may vary by country and their specific regulations. Feature only supported by Windows 11 or later.
- Performance claim is based on the Cinebench R23 Multi Core benchmark, comparing the score of Zenbook 14X UX3404VC tested by ASUS in Nov 2022 (configured with an Intel Core i9-13900H CPU, 32 GB LPDDR5, and a 1 TB PCIe 4.0 SSD) and Zenbook 14 UX3402ZA (with an Intel Core i7-1260P CPU, 16 GB LPDDR5, and a 1 TB PCIe 4.0 SSD). Test settings: select Performance mode under Fan profile in MyASUS, and idle the laptop for 10mins prior to running the benchmark under AC mode.
- Test score may vary according to specifications.
- Unless otherwise stated, all performance claims are based on theoretical performance. Actual figures may vary in real-world situations.
- 89% ratio applies to bezel version only; glass version ratio is 88%.
- Compared to average LCD laptop panel. Average LCD display has 10 ms response time.
- Compared to average LCD displays in the market, measuring energy emission of blue light in between 415-455 nm wavelength.
- Testing done on discrete parts, using soda-lime glass as comparative reference. Figures and tests provided by Corning.
- Battery tests conducted by ASUS on January 27, 2023 using the MobileMark® 2018 Office Productivity scenario. Test configuration: Zenbook UX3404VC, OLED panel, NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3050 graphics, 512GB SSD, 16 GB RAM. Test settings: WiFi enabled but disconnected (not connected to any access point), Windows Power Plan set to Balanced, display brightness set to 200 cd/m2. Actual battery life may vary depending on product configuration, usage, operational conditions and power management settings. Battery life will decrease over the lifetime of the battery. (尚未測試, 待確認)
- Models with UMA graphics have a 90 W adapter.
- The charging speed of a Power Delivery charger will match the connected adapter’s power output, up to a maximum of 100 watts. USB-C® Easy Charge provides 4.5-watt charging when connected to a non-Power Delivery charger, including most portable and USB Type-A to USB-C® chargers. Some portable chargers may not support such features, depending on the configuration.
- Please note that all versions of NumberPad only work with the Microsoft Windows operating system.
- NumberPad 2.0 is optional.
- The colour-temperature-adjustment feature is available with OLED models only.
- EPEAT registered where applicable. EPEAT registration varies by country. See www.epeat.net for registration status by country.
- Percentage varies according to device configuration.
- Selected products are tested using enhanced military-grade MIL-STD-810H durability standards, with 12 test methods and 26 test procedures, to ensure extraordinary toughness. Based on ASUS internal market research using available information and testing reports from main laptop brand websites on Oct 28, 2022, ASUS consumer laptops use a regime consisting of 26 test procedures, which is the consumer laptop industry’s strictest and most extensive test regime for the MIL-STD-810H standard.
- The testing regime includes the requirements of both military-grade standards and ASUS quality tests, and varies depending on device. MIL-STD-810 testing is conducted on selected ASUS products only. Note that the MIL-STD-810 testing helps to ensure the quality of ASUS products but does not indicate a particular fitness for military use. The test is performed under laboratory conditions. Any damage caused by attempts to replicate these test conditions would be considered accidental, and would not be covered by the standard ASUS warranty. Additional coverage is available with ASUS Premium Care.