Lighten up your life with the ultra-thin and super-light Zenbook S 13 OLED! This 1 cm-thin2, 1 kg-light3 marvel uses efficient 13th Gen Intel® Core™ Processors, and the amazing 13.3-inch 16:10 2.8K OLED HDR NanoEdge4 display delivers brilliant visuals. ASUS is completely committed to purposeful innovation that supports a healthier planet, so we've also made Zenbook S 13 OLED the most eco-friendly Zenbook ever, in line with our core values. More care, less impact!
ASUS No.1 OLED: GFK and NPD combined retail data in 2021 Q4~2022 Q3, worldwide market.
1 cm / 1 kg
Ultra-thin, ultra-light laptop designed for maximum mobility and usability
Windows 11 Pro
13th Gen Intel® Core™ i7
True-to-life 13.3” 2.8K OLED Display
2880 by 1800 resolution, 16:10 aspect ratio, 0.2 ms response time, 550 nits peak brightness, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut
Comprehensive I/O ports
2 x Thunderbolt™ 4, USB-A 3.2 Gen 2, HDMI 2.1, Audio jack
1 TB PCIe® 4.0 x4
with 6500 MB/s read speed
LPDDR5 5200 MHz memory
All-around sustainable design
Post-industrial recycled (PIR), Post-consumer recycled (PCR), and Ocean-bound materials, eco-friendly plasma ceramic aluminum, FSC™ Mix-certified packaging
Advanced camera systems
Hands-free login, ambient light sensor and AI video call functions
Dolby Vision / Atmos®
immersive audiovisual experience
350%-louder distortion-free audio
for easy sharing
The laptop that moves with you!
Topping the scales at a mere 1 kg, you can see we’ve made an extra effort to make Zenbook S 13 OLED the perfect size for your on-the-move lifestyle. To keep it compact, we use CNC machining to make the most efficient use of the available space for components. Its side profile measures just 1 cm — that’s about as slim as a pen!
How we achieveultra-thin and super-light
It comes in two gorgeous colors: the brand-new Basalt Gray and the classic Ponder Blue. Basalt Gray is inspired by the natural beauty of stone formations. Ponder Blue is a darker color scheme inspired by silent nights spent alone.
Minimalist style is an important part of the Zenbook design language, with clean lines and a svelte silhouette that turn heads. It's an ultraportable that reflects the pure design philosophy of modern minimalism.
PLASMA CERAMIC ALUMINUM
For the first time, we used a special process to transform the aluminum lid into a plasma ceramic aluminum exclusive to ASUS. This process uses pure water, and no organic compounds, strong acids, or heavy metals are required. Instead, this environmentally low-impact bath-based method produces a physical and chemical transformation of the aluminum. This results in increased wear resistance, corrosion protection, thermal management, hardness6, and lifespan.
“It feels like nothing else. It always looks like new.”
The color, shades, porosity, and texture are further fine-tuned using temperature and electricity. Incredibly, this makes each lid individually unique. No two are alike! And even better, the alloy will ensure that the laptop’s unique look will last for its entire lifetime.
“Minimum eco impact, maximum practicality”
Plasma ceramic aluminum components are also fully recyclable at the end of their life span. The resulting corrosion protection is imparted by changes to the substrate itself, rather than by adding sprayed-on coatings that may be difficult to recycle.
Natural elements have long inspired the design and craftsmanship of the Zenbook series. To do our part to protect the fundamental sources of our inspiration, ASUS is committed to do more with less through Zenbook. We try to mitigate its carbon footprint by incorporating recycled materials and designing more eco-conscious packaging. In addition, Zenbook S 13 OLED exceeds the ENERGY STAR® energy efficiency standard by 43% to reduce its electricity consumption. Via these sustainable actions, the overarching goal of this device’s sustainability initiatives is to achieve carbon neutrality.Learn more about our sustainability actions
More Care Less Impact
Certified FSC™ Mix packaging
With zero plastics used and a glue-free design, the packaging uses 100% FSC™ Mix-certified paper, made from responsibly managed forests, controlled wood and recycled sources.
Upcycled laptop stands
The paper packing inserts are specially designed to be easily transformed into useful laptop stands.
A virtual forest
By scanning the QR code found at the bottom of the device’s packaging you can explore more innovation with less footprint.
More Power, Less Limits
We’ve packed a 13th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 Processor into the superlight chassis, so Zenbook S 13 OLED delivers premium mobile performance for any task. It’s also an Intel® Evo™ laptop with instant wake-up, a faster WiFi connection, and high battery efficiency to keep you productive throughout your day.
Windows 11 Pro
13th Gen Intel® Processor
Integrated Intel® graphics
PCIe® 4.0 x4 SSD
More Color, Less Rules
The stunning 2.8K OLED HDR NanoEdge display on Zenbook S 13 OLED keeps every incredible moment detailed and ultra-vivid.Learn more about ASUS Lumina OLED display
Stunning 2.8K OLED
2880 by 1800
DCI-P3 color gamut
Exhilarating OLED displays
Bring scenes to life with professional-grade colors.
Make it personal, ASUS Splendid
Fully customizable color with sRGB, DCI-P3, Display-P3, and Native options.
Immerse in your favorite entertainment
Enjoy your favorite entertainment with breathtakingly realistic sounds that move around you. Zenbook S 13 OLED has a Dolby Atmos® stereo sound system that’s also Harman Kardon certified, with a Smart Amplifier that can boosts the volume up to 3.5x louder than a standard amplifier.
Always in the best listening spot
Dive into a multi-dimensional cinematic sound experience with Dolby Atmos.
Maximum possible volume
Using a Smart Amplifier and ASUS Audio Booster technology, the audio volume is boosted by up to 5.25x.
More Connectivity, Less Hassle
Although Zenbook S 13 OLED is unbelievably compact, it packs in all the connections you need. The two ultrafast Thunderbolt™ 4 USB-C® ports support fast charging, 4K external displays, and up to 40 Gbps11 data transfers.
All The Ports You Need
Audio combo jack
USB 3.2 Gen 2
Thunderbolt™ 4 USB-C®
From dawn to dusk
There’s no need to panic if power outlets are in short supply: Zenbook S 13 OLED’s long-lasting 63 Wh battery can keep you productive for longer. And when it’s time to charge, there’s no need to stop — with fast charging you can quickly top it up.
fast-charge to 70%
AI camera and audio system
Take back control of your meetings with our innovative camera system and ASUS AI noise-canceling audio technology, with new algorithms to make your conference calls even more productive.
Best online meeting experience
ASUS AiSense camera makes sure that you always look your best during virtual conferences.
Hear and be heard clearly
Two-Way AI Noise Cancelation leverages a massive deep-learning database to reduce background noise for microphone and audio.
Designed for you
We go the extra mile to give you a more effortless and joyful experience, at work or play.
ErgoSense touchpad, smooth as new, with every touch
The ASUS ErgoSense touchpad is smooth, comfortable, responsive and easy to clean.
Enjoy easy sharing in any discussion with the 180° lay-flat hinge design. No more awkward gymnastics with your device!
Perfect brightness and color tone!
The ambient light color sensor auto-adjusts for changes in the environment brightness and color temperature.
The FHD infrared (IR) camera allows you to unlock your laptop quickly and securely.
World’s most strictly tested US military-grade laptop durability14
ASUS laptops15 are engineered with extraordinary toughness meet the exacting US MIL-STD-810H military-grade standard, undergoing 12 rigorous test methods and 26 punishing test procedures — exceeding industry standards. The upshot is a range of products that are renowned for reliability and durability. These factors also inherently benefit longevity and thus sustainability, so you can work, travel or relax with the confidence that your ASUS laptop is ready for the real world — today, and long into the future.Learn more about each laptop quality test results
military-grade test methods
military-grade test procedures
extreme temperature endurance
humidity tolerance for 10 days
1. Functional shock
Operational, Unpackage, 40 g, 11 ms, 18 shocks
2. Transportation shock – on road
Non-operational, Package, 5.1-7.6 g, 11 ms, 3-42 shocks
Non-operational, Unpackage, 30-50 g, 18 shocks
4. Crash hazard shock
Non-operational, Unpackage, 75 g, 6 ms, 12 shocks
5. Bench handling
Operational, Unpackage, 100 mm
6. Two-wheeled trailer
Non-operational vibration: 5-500 Hz
Duration: 32 minutes
7. Wheeled vehicle
Non-operational vibration:5-500 Hz
Duration: 40 minutes
8. Common carrier
Operational vibration: 5-500 Hz
Duration: 60 minutes
High Temperature Test
9. Basic hot storage and transit
Non-operational, 30~63°C, 168 hours, 5~44% humidity
10. Basic hot operational
Operational, 30~43°C, 72 hours, 14~44% humidity
11. Hot dry storage and transit
Non-operational, 33~71°C, 168 hours
12. Hot dry operational
Operational, 32~49°C, 72 hours
Low Temperature Test
13. Basic climatic storage and transit
Non-operational, -25~-33°C, 168 hours
14. Basic climatic operational
Operational, -21~-32°C, 72 hours
15. Cold climatic storage and transit
Non-operational, -37~-46°C, 168 hours
16. Cold climatic operational
Operational, -37~-46°C, 72 hours
Sand and Dust Test
17. Blowing dust
Particle density: 10 +/- 7 g/m3
Air velocity: 300~1750 ft/min
18. Blowing sand
Particle density: 1.2 g/m3
Air velocity: 28 m/s
19. Altitude storage
Non-operational, 40,000 feet, -20°C, 12 hours
20. Altitude operation
Operational, 15,000 feet, 5°C/40°C, 12 hours
Freeze and Thaw Test
21. Freeze and thaw test
Humidity: 95% RH
Duration: 1 hour, 3 cycles
22. Humidity test
Humidity: 95% RH
Duration: 10 days
Temperature Shock Test
23. Temperature shock
Duration: 1 hour, 3 cycles
Solar Radiation Test
24. Solar radiation
Spectral irradiance: 1120 W/m2, 49°C
Duration: 24 hours, 3 cycles
Mechanical Vibration Test
25. Mechanical vibration
Frequency: 4-33 Hz
Duration: 2 hours
Explosive Atmosphere Test
26. Explosive atmosphere
Altitude: 15,000~3300 feet
Explosive air: 95% n-Hexane
Truly personalized workflow
MyASUS hosts a collection of handy ASUS apps and tools that help you get more out of your laptop. GlideX is a powerful cross-device screen-sharing solution. ScreenXpert helps you to manage app windows across displays connected to your ASUS PC, giving you full control of your workflow!
MyASUS provides easy access to ASUS apps that are designed to help you maintain your system, update your software, optimize your PC’s performance, and contact ASUS for after-sales support.Learn more about MyASUS
GlideX is a cross-device screen-sharing solution, with Mirror and Extend features that give you a bigger and better space for work and play. The Unify Control feature lets you use a single mouse and keyboard set to control different devices from one PC, across different OSes, so you don't need to switch between devices. GlideX optimizes your workflow in the blink of an eye!Learn more about GlideXRegister your PC to get a coupon for a 365-day free trial of GlideX Pro
ScreenXpert for ASUS PCs
ScreenXpert for ASUS PCs — which you can download from Microsoft Store or find in your PC’s Start menu — helps you to manage app windows across displays connected to your ASUS PC and puts you in full control of your workflow!Learn more about ScreenXpert for ASUS PCs
- According to overall laptop thickness, as of February 20, 2023 based on internal ASUS market analysis comparing Zenbook S 13 OLED (UX5304) with competing products in its class (laptops with an OLED screen measuring 13.3 inches diagonal) from vendors including Acer, Apple, HP, Huawei, Lenovo, Microsoft and Samsung.
- Dimension: 296.2 x 216.3 x 10.9 ± 0.5 mm; thickness might vary according to specifications.
- Weight might vary according to specifications.
- The stated 3.45 mm width of the side bezel is the distance between the edge of the non-active screen display area and the inside edge of the case. If the case width is included, the side bezel width is 4.8 mm. Measured based on standard (anti-glare) display configuration. The top bezel width is 4.8 mm.
- The previous gen model stated here is referring to UM5302TA.
- The hardness tests were conducted by ASUS on August 30, 2022. Test configuration: Zenbook UX5304VA Basalt Gray model. Test settings: 765 g pencil to scratch the chassis while the pencil tip and laptop surface form a 45° degree angle, No discernible scratch was left on the surface.
- Carbon footprint calculation is based on the CO2 emission data of the UX5304VA laptop's metal chassis production. The comparison is focused on the PIR metal itself compared to a 100% virgin-metal chassis, assuming other factors that may influence CO2 emissions are equal.
- ASUS Zenbook S 13 OLED (UX5304) is registered as EPEAT Gold and has achieved EPEAT Climate+. See www.epeat.net for registration status and tier levels by country.
- Compared to an average LCD laptop panel. Average LCD display has a 10 ms response time.
- Compared to average LCD displays in the market, measuring energy emission of blue light in between 415-455 nm wavelength.
- Unless otherwise stated, all performance claims are based on theoretical performance. Actual figures may vary in real-world situations.
- The charging speed of a Power Delivery charger will match the connected adapter’s power output, up to a maximum of 100 watts. USB-C® Easy Charge provides 4.5 watt charging when connected to a non-Power Delivery charger, including most portable and USB Type-A to USB-C® chargers. Some portable chargers may not support such features, depending on the configuration.
- Battery tests conducted by ASUS on March 1st, 2023 using the 1080p Video Playback scenario. Test configuration: Zenbook UX5304VA, OLED non-touch panel, Intel i5-1335U, 512 GB SSD, 8 GB RAM. Test settings: WiFi enabled but disconnected (not connected to any access point), Windows Power Plan set to Balanced, display brightness set to 150 cd/m2. Actual battery life may vary depending on product configuration, usage, operational conditions and power management settings. Battery life will decrease over the lifetime of the battery.
- Selected products are tested using enhanced military-grade MIL-STD-810H durability standards, with 12 test methods and 26 test procedures, to ensure extraordinary toughness. Based on ASUS internal market research using available information and testing reports from main laptop brand websites on Oct 28, 2022, ASUS consumer laptops use a regime consisting of 26 test procedures, which is the consumer laptop industry’s strictest and most extensive test regime for the MIL-STD-810H standard.
- The testing regime includes the requirements of both military-grade standards and ASUS quality tests, and varies depending on device. MIL-STD-810 testing is conducted on selected ASUS products only. Note that the MIL-STD-810 testing helps to ensure the quality of ASUS products but does not indicate a particular fitness for military use. The test is performed under laboratory conditions. Any damage caused by attempts to replicate these test conditions would be considered accidental, and would not be covered by the standard ASUS warranty. Additional coverage is available with ASUS Premium Care.
Recommend for you