[Motherboard] How to enable or disable Secure Boot ?
(For example: ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO)
1. Power on the system and press [Delete] key to enter BIOS [Advanced Mode] as below picture
2. Click [Boot] as below picture
3. Click [Secure Boot] option as below picture
4. OS Type Default is Other OS
Other OS: Secure Boot state is off
Windows UEFI mode: Secure Boot state is on
5. Secure Boot state as below
Secure Boot State：The option is in gray as default and can't manually set. It is synced with Secure Boot Keys
User: with Secure Boot Keys
Setup: no Secure Boot Keys
The Key Management is in gray when Secure Boot Mode is set to Standard
|Secure Boot State in BIOS||OS Type||Secure Boot Mode||Key Management||Secure Boot State in operating system|
|Setup||Other OS||Customer||Clear Secure Boot Keys||Off|
|Setup||Windows UEFI mode||Customer||Clear Secure Boot Keys||Off|
|User||Windows UEFI mode||Customer||Default||On|
|User||Windows UEFI mode||Standard||N/A||On|
1. Press [WIN]+[R] key together and then input msinfo32 as below picture
2. Find [Secure Boot State] option. If it shows as Off , it means Secure Boot is disabled.
If it shows as On, it means Secure Boot is Enabled.