[Wireless Router] How to enter the router setting page(Web GUI) (ASUSWRT) ?
※ NOTE: When you login to the Web GUI for the first time, you will be automatically directed to the Quick Internet Setup (QIS) page.
To provide you more detailed instruction, you can also click ASUS Youtube video link below to know more about enter the router setting page(Web GUI)
You can set up your wireless router by wired or wireless.
This article describes how to connect to ASUS router using a browser(Web GUI).
If you want to set up the router through the ASUS Router App, please refer to [Wireless Router] How to set up ASUS Wi-Fi router via ASUS Router App? (QIS, Quick Internet Setup)
A1: The device is wireless connect to the router.
1. Turn on the router.
2. Connect to Router's default Network name (SSID): ASUS_XX. Default Network name (SSID) shown on the product label on the back side of the router.
Note: The location of labels for different models will vary.
Example 1: 2.4G WiFi Name(SSID): ASUS, 5G WiFi Name(SSID): ASUS_5G. You can find it on the label on the back of your router.
Example 2: WiFi Name (SSID): ASUS_XX, XX refers to the last two digits of 2.4GHz MAC address. You can find it on the label on the back of your router.
Example 3: WiFi Name (SSID): ASUS_XX_XT9, XX refers to the last two digits of MAC address. XT9 is model name. You can find it on the label on the back of your router.
A2: The device is wired connect to the router
1. Turn on the router.
2. Connect your computer to the router via wired connection.
Follow the steps below to login to the web GUI:
1. Before logging-in to the router web GUI, please make sure the router is powered on and the LED light is on and stable. Also, please connect your computer to the router (either wired or wirelessly).
2. Enter the LAN IP address of the router in browser. Ex: Http://192.168.50.1
Note: ASUS Wireless Router uses a web-based user interface that allows you to configure the router by any web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Apple Safari, Google Chrome.
If you forgot the router IP address, please refer to the Asus Device Discovery Utility to find the IP address based on your operating system.
- [ASUS Device Discovery] How to find the IP address of your wireless router or AP from Windows system? | Official Support | ASUS Global
- [ASUS Device Discovery] How to find the IP address of your wireless router or AP from iOS system? | Official Support | ASUS Global
- [ASUS Device Discovery] How to find the IP address of your wireless router or AP from Android system? | Official Support | ASUS Global
Another way to log in to your Asus router, please enter http://www.asusrouter.com to the WEB GUI.
3. Key in your router's username and password on the login page.
If you are logging in to your Asus router for the first time or have restored your ASUS router to factory default status, you need to set the router login account and password first.
Note: Some models or firmware versions have the default account, default username and password: [admin].
a. The username and password used to login to the router settings page are NOT the wireless name(SSID) and password used to connect wireless(WiFi) to the router.
b. If you forgot the user name and/or password, please restore the router to the factory default status.
Please press and hold the hardware reset button of the router for at least 5 seconds until your power LED light starts to flash.
You can find the Hardware Reset Button of the router as shown below. The following picture take [RT-AC68U] as an example.
(Different models might have slightly differences, if have any question please check the user manual)
Please refer to [Wireless Router] How to reset the router to factory default setting? for how to restore the router to default status.
4. Now you can use the Web GUI to configure the settings of your ASUS Wireless Router.
※ NOTE: Some features may vary due to different models and different firmware versions.
How to get the (Utility / Firmware)?
You can download the latest drivers, software, firmware and user manuals in the ASUS Download Center.
If you need more information about the ASUS Download Center, please refer this link.