[Chromebook] Popular Chromebook keyboard shortcuts
You can use keyboard shortcuts to complete some tasks more quickly. The following are the popular Chromebook keyboard shortcuts.
Important: This article is only for US Chromebook users with a standard English QWERTY keyboard. If you have an international keyboard, go to Settings > Device > Keyboard > View keyboard shortcuts to find keyboard shortcuts for your device.
- Take a screenshot: Press Ctrl + Show windows.
- Take a partial screenshot: Press Shift + Ctrl + Show windows, then click and drag.
- To access more screenshot features: Press Shift + Ctrl + Show windows, then select a screenshot feature from the toolbar.
- Take a screenshot on tablets: Press Power button + Volume down button.
- To access more screenshot features on tablets: Press and hold the Power button > select “Screen capture,” or, select time > select Screen capture. Learn more about screenshot features.
- Turn Caps Lock on or off: Press Search + Alt. Or press Launcher + Alt.
- Lock your screen: Press Search + L. Or press Launcher + L.
- Sign out of your Google Account: Press Shift + Ctrl + Q (twice).
- See all keyboard shortcuts: Press Ctrl + Alt + / (forward slash).
Shortcuts on external keyboards
If you’re using a Windows or Mac keyboard, press the Windows key or Command key instead of Search key or Launcher key.
To change how a specific keyboard key works, please refer to the steps below:
- Click [Status Bar] at the bottom-right of the screen①, then click [Settings]②.
- Select [Device]③, then select [Keyboard]④.
- Confirm all specific keys have been set the behavior you need⑤.
For more details, please refer to Chromebook Help from Google:
If your problem is not worked out with above solution and information, please contact ASUS customer service center for further information.