ASUS Antibacterial Guard
99% bacterial inhibition. Your health safeguarded1.
ASUS Antibacterial Guard Laptops
Why ASUS Antibacterial Guard?
Compare the hygiene risk
Silver ions2 prevent bacterial reproduction
ASUS Antibacterial Guard is a coating on top of the laptop surface, containing positively-charged silver ions2.
Silver ions and negatively-charged microbial cells are attracted to each other upon contact.
Silver ions will pierce through the surfaces of bacterial cells and damage their structure, inhibiting bacterial reproduction.
99%-effective bacterial reduction
Antibacterial protection for all main key touchpoints
Laptop material surface7 with ASUS Antibacterial Treatment
Effective inhibition of almost all bacterial activities
Long-lasting antibacterial protection
- The laptop coating can reduce the spread of potentially harmful bacteria via contact.
- Actual composition of ASUS Antibacterial Guard may vary.
- ASUS Antibacterial Guard is tested by an independent third-party laboratory according to the ISO 22196:2011 standard protocol which specifies a method of evaluating the antibacterial activity of antibacterial-treated plastics, and other non-porous, surfaces of products (including intermediate products). See: https://www.iso.org/standard/54431.html
- According to Google Trends; since January 2020, after the COVID-19 outbreak, the end user search in Google regarding “how to clean laptop” has increased more than 50%.
- According to Statista’s “U.S. daily media usage time via computer 2018-2022” article published by Joseph Johnson on January 27, 2021: https://www.statista.com/statistics/469995/time-spent-desktop-laptop-media-type-usa/#:~:text=Get%20in%20touch%20with%20us%20now%2C%20Jan%2027%2C,coronavirus%20crisis%20before%20returning%20to%20the%20downward%20trend, in 2020, desktop and laptop usage in the United States is projected to increase to an average of two hours per day due to the coronavirus crisis.
- Testing done by EMLab P&K, Team Nuggets. “Bytes and Bacteria: Exposing the Germs on your Technology”, CBT Nuggets, October 13, 2016: https://www.cbtnuggets.com/blog/career/career-progression/bytes-and-bacteria-exposing-the-germs-on-your-technology
- To identify which specific areas on your model are protected by ASUS Antibacterial Guard, please refer to the relevant product website for more information.
- Note that the protective effects of ASUS Antibacterial Guard were tested by ASUS on April 26, 2021, and follow the ISO 22196 method on our specially-treated test samples. The tests provide a simulation of three years of wear and tear, and include exposure to salt spray, thermal shocks, and both alcohol and wool-felt tests. Actual effective antibacterial-protection period may vary depending on product configuration and usage.