Networking Limited Hardware Warranty Terms
New Purchase Warranty
Complete Unit*: | Shipping Terms*:
24 Month Ltd | One Way Freight
*System configurations and bundled accessories may vary based on specific model. Refer to your unit for your warranty period.
This applies to ASUS Networking products sold and purchased in North America only. This warranty applies only to products that are new on the date of purchase from an authorized ASUS product reseller. Please keep the original purchase invoice and warranty card for future service requests. The warranty does not cover any monitor, batteries, free or special bundled accessories, which may have been delivered together with your ASUS Networking product.
ASUS warrants Networking(Products) excluding (free) bundled accessories that may be delivered together with the Product, to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 12 or 36 month(s) depending on your specific model. If the product fails during normal and proper use within the warranty period ASUS will, subject to exclusions and at ASUS’ discretion, repair or replace the product or components. Any products and or components repaired or replaced by ASUS will be under warranty for the remaining period of warranty or for no less than 3 months. This warranty applies only to products that are new on the date of purchase from an authorized ASUS product reseller. The Networking product line is covered under a parts and labor repair or buffer exchange warranty for hardware, manufacturing, and/or power related issues, excluding power surges and/or electrical spikes. This ASUS warranty does not include failure caused by improper installation, operation, cleaning or maintenance, accident, damage, misuse, abuse, non- ASUS modifications to the product, any software programs, normal wear and tear or any other event, act, default or omission outside ASUS’ control.
Your ASUS product is supplied with pre-installed software. If you have any related technical problems when using your ASUS product, we suggest you check the manual or ASUS support web site to carry out preliminary trouble shooting. ASUS will be limited to support your product if the operating system has been altered. Third party software may require support from such vendors.
Networking Shipping Terms
ASUS Networking products feature one-way ground shipping terms. Customer shall be responsible for any and all freight costs associated with sending in your product for service, and ASUS will cover the freight cost of shipping back to the customer after warranty service and/or repairs are completed.
Limitations of Liability
If the product fails during normal and proper use within the warranty period, ASUS will, at its discretion, repair or replace the defective parts within the product, or the product itself, with items that are functionally equivalent to that as originally supplied, or better, during the warranty period defined for the model, using new or refurbished parts or units. If the product is under warranty, the ownership of the replaced defective parts will automatically be transferred to ASUS. All components repaired or replaced by ASUS will be under warranty for the remaining period of your warranty. ASUS will recover the originally configured operating system bundled with the product if the hard drive is to be replaced. ASUS will not be liable to restore or transfer the user’s data or programs from the original hard disk.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, AND ASUS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
IF THIS PRODUCT FAILS TO WORK AS WARRANTED ABOVE, THE CUSTOMER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AND ASUS’ SOLE LIABILITY SHALL BE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT. ASUS’ MAXIMUM LIABILITY UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS EXPRESSLY LIMITED TO THE LESSER OF THE PRICE YOU HAVE PAID FOR THE PRODUCT OR THE COST OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF ANY HARDWARE COMPONENTS THAT MALFUNCTION UNDER NORMAL USE. ALL ASUS WARRANTY TERMS AND AGREEMENTS ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE AND ONLY APPLY TO THE ORIGINAL UNIT AND ORIGINAL PURCHASER. ASUS IS NOT LIABLE FOR A CLAIM MADE BY A THIRD PARTY OR MADE BY YOU FOR A THIRD PARTY.
Exclusions from this Limited Warranty Service
ASUS does not warrant uninterrupted or error-free operation of this product. Any technical or other support provided for the product under warranty, such as assistance via telephone with “how-to” questions and those regarding product setup and information will be provided without warranties of any kind. The warranty only covers failures or malfunctions that occur during the warranty period and under normal use conditions as well as any material or workmanship defect.
The warranty will not apply to or be valid under conditions including but not limited to the following:
- The serial number of the ASUS product, components or accessories has been altered, cancelled, removed, or otherwise not valid as identified by ASUS;
- The product has been tampered with, repaired and/or modified by non-authorized personnel;
- The product warranty seals have been broken or altered;
- There is damage caused by natural disaster, intentional or unintentional misuse, abuse, neglect, acts of war, improper maintenance, or use under abnormal conditions;
- There is damage caused by accidental drops, spills, fire, or power surges.
- There is damage from improper installation, improper connection, or use of parts and/or components not manufactured or sold by ASUS;
- There is damage from use outside of the operation or storage parameters or environment detailed in the User's Manual or reasonably acceptable for similar product usage models deemed industry standard best practices;
- There is damage to or loss of any program, data or removable storage media, or if there are costs from recovering any program or data;
- There is damage from third party software or from virus(es);
- There is software loss or data loss that may occur during repair or replacement.
- Support and costs involved to install or configure the product for any third party software application or hardware device, or network/wireless configuration.
- Due to technology limitations, some devices (e.g. DVD ROM and software player may not play certain titles if applicable to your product) may be limited or not compatible with the ASUS product. These limitations are common to defined standards within the hardware industry and are not specific to your ASUS product.
- You have failed to follow all return materials authorization (“RMA”) instructions provided to you by ASUS.
If Service is required:
Returning your product to ASUS during the warranty period does not automatically mean that it will be repaired free of charge. Upon receiving your product, ASUS reserves the right to check the validity of your warranty and your request for warranty service. Neither ASUS, ASUS’ Service Centers, ASUS’ Authorized Service Providers, nor your authorized ASUS product reseller are responsible for any of your confidential, proprietary or personal information contained in the product which you return to ASUS for any reason. You should remove all such information from the product prior to its return. ASUS is not responsible for damage or loss of any personal data, programs, or removable storage media. ASUS is not responsible for the restoration or reinstallation of any data or programs other than software installed by ASUS when the product was manufactured.
Before contacting ASUS:
- Back up all your personal data and remove any confidential, proprietary information on the hard drive. ASUS will not be responsible for any loss of your own programs, data or information.
- If you received an error message, write it down with the fault description and include it with the product.
- Retrieve the following information from your ASUS product: operating system version, BIOS version, and notify if you have made any recent hardware or software changes.
- Ensure you have the following information readily available: your ASUS product’s model name, serial number, sales invoice/receipt with date of purchase and warranty card. You will be required to provide proof of purchase before warranty service can be performed.
Make sure you are in front of your ASUS product and have your product turned on (if possible) when you call to perform troubleshooting procedures.
When preparing your product for shipment to ASUS, you will need to observe the following
- ASUS recommends that the product be returned in its original packaging. The original packaging will provide better protection for your product during transit. Warranty may be voided if the product is damaged due to improper packaging. Original packaging may not be retuned once service is completed.
- lease do not send in anything but the product itself unless specially requested by ASUS. Any other items and accessories included in the package received by ASUS will be treated as packaging material, and may not be returned.
Please note: if your product is received packed in anything other than its original packaging, ASUS’ Service Site may charge you for appropriate anti-shock packaging when your product is returned.