ExpertBook B9 B9400
- Tech Specs
view on your table
View the model in 3D
Thin & light
Lighter, stronger, and more portable
We’ve trimmed all excess bulk from ExpertBook B9 and encased it in a durable, magnesium-lithium alloy chassis, so it weighs a featherlight 880 g.2 Superslim bezels enable a 14 inch display to fit into ExpertBook B9’s 13 inch class chassis, making it extremely compact. Slip your ExpertBook B9 into a briefcase so itʹs with you all the time for productivity in and out of the office.
Get the job done, effortlessly
No task is too great for the ultracompact ExpertBook B9: it helps you get work done as quickly and efficiently as possible. Itʹs powered by up to 11th gen Intel Core™ i7 vPro® processor with Iris Xe graphics and superfast intel WiFi 6, providing quick and responsive computing, network and graphical performance with enterprise-grade manageability. It also features two SSDs to provide huge up to dual 2 TB capacity and faster speed, and supports RAID technology19 for improved data reliability or faster operation. ExpertBook B9 is also a verified Intel Evo laptop, so you can be assured it offers the very best in performance, efficiency, and connectivity.
Windows 11 Pro
Intel® Core™ CPU
LDDR4x 4266 MHz
Lasts longer, charges faster
ExpertBook B9 will never let you down throughout the business day or a long-haul flight. It provides all-day battery life on a single charge. On top of that, fast-charge technology lets you recharge the battery to up to 60% capacity in as little as 39 minutes6, so you’re up and running in no time.
Comprehensive connectivity with no compromise
Despite its thin profile, ExpertBook B9 is loaded with I/O ports. These include cutting-edge Thunderbolt™ 4, the next generation of the universal cable connectivity solution that offers support for the next-level USB 4 interface, 40 Gbps data transfer speeds, 4K display output, and fast charging. The laptop offers USB Type-A and an HDMI output, plus wired network connectivity with a MAC address pass-through for easy device management. ExpertBook B9 supports up to three 4K external displays.
RJ45 via micro HDMI
USB 3.2 Gen 2
Thunderbolt™ 4 USB-C®
Military-grade toughness and build quality
To be strong enough for all your travels, ExpertBook B9 is solidly built with magnesium-lithium alloy and structural reinforcement for increased chassis strength. It meets next-level and industry-leading MIL-STD 810H US military tests, which is more rigorous and demanding than ever before. It also undergoes stringent in-house testing including panel-pressure, shock and drop tests to ensure durability, so there’s no need to worry about everyday knocks and bumps.18Learn more about ASUS ExpertBook Quality Tests
Hinge TestSubjects the laptop to up to 50,000 open-and-closed cycles
Port Durability TestPhysical durability is tested with 5,000 insertion-and-removal cycles.
Panel Pressure TestLaptop must endure 30 kg force on lid and bottom without LCD panel damage
Keyboard Durability TestDesigned for a lifespan of up to 10-million keystrokes
Shock TestWithstand six harsh shocks in each direction at the speed of 150 G / 2.5 ms
Drop Test120 cm drop while powered on to mimic desk accident
Vibration TestWithstands 5-500 Hz physical vibrations in all directions for one hour
Humidity TestSurvives 85% humidity, 40°C conditions for 24 hours whether turned on or off
Altitude TestOperate as normal at 15,000 feet to simulate an aircraft cargo hold and in-flight operation
Temperature TestEndure 50°C, 0°C with power on for 20 hours
Next-level two-way AI noise-canceling audio technology for business
To level up professional conferencing, ExpertBook B9 has AI-powered noise-canceling technology that employs sophisticated machine-learning techniques. The technology includes both an upstream function to filter noise around the speaker, and a downstream function to eliminate noise from the person at the other end of the conversation. This ensures minimal distraction for high-quality communication, so it’s just like being in the room with other people. It also includes shortcut keys to enable the technology or mute the microphones with simple clicks.22
Press play to experience noise-canceling technology
Turn on your device audio to hear the difference.
AI noise cancelation
ExpertBook B9 delivers top-notch audio, thanks to four omnidirectional far-field microphones, smart-amplifier technology and Harman/Kardon-certified speakers. The mics are located on the display’s upper bezel to ensure the optimal position to capture your voice, while the ASUS Golden Ear team worked with renowned audio experts Harman/Kardon to ensure true surround-sound cinema-quality audio.
360° far-field microphones
Get to work faster with AdaptiveLock
With its smart proximity sensor ExpertBook B9 doesn’t keep you waiting. The moment you sit ASUS AdaptiveLock detects your presence and uses an integrated infrared camera to recognize your face and log you in — allowing you to get to work without lifting a finger. Then, when you step away, ExpertBook B9 automatically locks itself, protecting both your laptop and your data.
Ultimate input experience
From its keyboard to its touchpad, typing and cursor control on ExpertBook B9 is a pleasant experience, thanks to a host of features and improvements that enhance productivity and comfort.
- Backlit keyboard
- Spill-resistant keyboard
- ErgoLift hinge
- Function keys
ASUS NumberPad10 is an LED-illuminated numeric keypad that’s perfect for crunching numbers. Tap the NumberPad icon on the top right of the touchpad to turn it on, and tap the icon on the left to toggle between two brightness settings. Clever software lets you control the cursor, even when NumberPad is activated.
The backlit keyboard lets you type effortlessly in dark environments, from twilight café tables to aircraft cabins.
Accidents happen, and ExpertBook B9 is ready for them: its spill-resistant keyboard can cope with up to 66 cc of liquids without harm, so minor spillages can be easily drained, cleaned and dried.
ExpertBook B9 is engineered to make the typing experience more comfortable and more accurate. The ErgoLift hinge automatically tilts the keyboard to the most comfortable typing position. It also has widely spaced, long-travel keys that provide responsive tactile feedback for more accurate typing.
For added convenience, you can capture screen grabs, activate the webcam, or access the MyASUS app via function keys — instantly.
The frameless 14-inch NanoEdge display on ExpertBook B9 is a true masterpiece, giving you an immersive, near edge-to-edge viewing experience. The anti-glare panel reduces unwanted reflections, too, ensuring vibrant visuals even in bright environments, and reduces instances of eyestrain even after hours of viewing.
Alexa with built-in light bar
Alexa12 makes it easy to get through the day, hands-free. Ask Alexa to schedule meetings, read your emails, plan a route or even request a ride. It’s a smarter, more efficient way to get things done. A dedicated light bar illuminates when you speak to Alexa. Just ask, and Alexa will respond instantly.
Seamless PC-to-phone integration
The Link to MyASUS13 function seamlessly links your ExpertBook B9 to your mobile phone. Transfer files and website addresses, receive pop-up notifications, read and send messages, accept or make calls, and mirror screens — all on your ExpertBook B9.Watch Link to MyASUS Quick introduction video
- Remote File
To send a file you've just captured from your phone to your PC, simply tap to share it instantly. You can also transfer files from your PC to your mobile device in the blink of an eye.
Simply tap the share icon in your browser and click MyASUS. The link of the webpage you are watching on your PC will be instantly sent to your mobile device — where it will open automatically for seamless on-the-go convenience.17
If you need to call someone while working on your PC, you can seamlessly make or receive phone calls — via your PC. There’s no need to dig out your phone from your bag or pocket!
If you’re working away from the office, you can easily access your work files remotely from your mobile device — anytime, anywhere, and with no hassle.
It’s annoying when you have to pick up your phone to check notifications or reply to messages while you’re using your PC. But with the Screen Mirroring function, you can do everything on your phone from the comfort of your PC!
If you prefer a dual-display setup, the convenient Screen Extender feature turns your mobile device into an extension to your PC’s screen. You can drag images, videos or documents onto your phone for easier cross-referencing.
Data is the lifeblood of your business, which is why ASUS Business PCs offer comprehensive business-grade security from integrated hardware and firmware, to software and identity protection. With multiple seamless security layers, ExpertBook B9 has been verified as a Windows Secured-core PC — an assurance of best-in-class data and asset security for your business.
Simply slide over to stop webcam being used
Enjoy biometric login with just a glance — even in the dark
Trusted Platform Module (TPM)
Stores passwords and encryption keys for added security14
One-touch access to login your PC
Kensington Lock Slot
Prevent physical theft of the PC from unsupervised locations
USB Port Control
Device lock controls read/write access to USB storage devices
Simplifying business processes
Management is made easier with ASUS Business PCs. ASUS management solutions help streamline routine tasks, allowing IT staff to remotely control and manage company assets, saving your organization time and money.
Intel Core vPro processors provide hardware-based features to facilitate IT management and security tasks.
ASUS Control Center21
A centralized IT management software suite that’s enables remote management via web-based interface.
ASUS Business Manager
A set of utilities for performing routine maintenance and optimization tasks.
Caring for the environment
Committed to creating a sustainable future, ASUS ensures all its products are compliant to environmental requirements at all stages of their product life cycles. Energy Star® 8.0-certified and rated by EPEAT™ Gold, ExpertBook B9 is energy-efficient to help reduce costs in the long run. As well, the accessory box20 that comes with ExpertBook B9 transforms into a laptop stand for instant ecological elevation!
Maximum support, minimal effort
The ASUS Service Package offers a wider range of solutions that go beyond the standard warranty to meet the needs of business-critical IT environments. The extended offerings protect your business — not just the hardware — allowing you to customize a service solution that best meets your needs.
Comprehensive 24x7 Support
Hassle-free access to hardware and software experts15
Lets you reach customer service, repair status, product guides and so on.
Pick Up & Return/Onsite Service
Enjoy a door-to-door service for effortless maintenance15
Extend service coverage to match the expected length16
Accidental Damage Protection
Avoid repair costs due to mishaps during normal operation15,16
Defective HDD Retention
Retain customers’ malfunctioning hard drive while their drive is replaced15,16
- As of Aug. 1, 2020. Based on internal ASUS market analysis comparing the size of ExpertBook B9 to competitor products from vendors including Acer, HP, Huawei, Lenovo, Microsoft and Samsung. Actual weight may vary by specs.
- Weight may vary according to configuration.
- Unless otherwise stated, materials claims are based on theoretical performance. Actual figures may vary in real-world situations.
- Unless otherwise stated, all performance claims are based on theoretical performance. Actual figures may vary in real-world situations.
- Battery tests conducted by ASUS in July, 2021 using the 1080p Video Playback scenario. Battery life test configuration: Intel® Core™ i7-1165G7, 32GB RAM, FHD display, 2TB PCIe® 3.0 x4 SSD, 66Whr. Test settings: WiFi flight mode, the display brightness set to 150 cd/m2, NumberPad off, backlit keyboard off. Actual battery life may vary depending on product configuration, usage, operational conditions and power management settings. Battery life will decrease over the lifetime of the battery. Battery tests conducted by ASUS in July, 2021 using the MobileMark® 2018 Office Productivity scenario. Battery life test configuration: Intel® Core™ i7-1165G7, 32GB RAM, FHD display, 2TBx2 (RAID 0) PCIe® 3.0 x4 SSD, 66Whr. Test settings: WiFi enabled, the display brightness set to 200 cd/m2, NumberPad off, backlit keyboard off. Actual battery life may vary depending on product configuration, usage, operational conditions and power management settings. Battery life will decrease over the lifetime of the battery.
- Recharges the battery up to 60% within 39 minutes when the system is off or in standby mode. Power adapter with a minimum capacity of 66 watts is required. After charging has reached 60% capacity, charging will return to normal. Charging time may vary +/- 10% due to System tolerance.
- RAID 0 test configuration: Intel® Core™ i7- 1165G7, 16GB RAM, FHD display, 1TB PCIe® 3.0 x4 SSD, 66Whr.
- WiFi 6 is backwards compatible with prior 802.11 specs. Unless otherwise stated, all performance claims are based on theoretical performance, and the actual performance of WiFi 6 may vary in real-world situations.
- WiFi Master test configuration: under controlled test conditions, streaming Full HD YouTube videos, and AP set with one antenna at 802.11g. Actual WiFi range and performance may be affected by environmental factors. Interference from USB 3 devices may vary according to the device. Range comparisons refer to standard laptop with all-metal chassis design.
- Please note that all versions of NumberPad work only with the Microsoft Windows operating system.
- The stated width of the side bezel is the distance between the edge of the non-active screen display area and the inside edge of the case. If the case width is included, the side bezel width is 4 mm. The stated width of the bottom bezel is the distance between the edge of the non-active screen display area and the visible edge of the display when the laptop is opened to 90°. Measured based on standard (not anti-glare) display configuration.
- Amazon Alexa availability varies according to country. Please check with your local ASUS retailer for details.
- Link to MyASUS is a function in the latest version of MyASUS software. If the device doesn’t have Link to MyASUS. Please update MyASUS in the system setting.
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) optional.
- Service and warranty coverage may vary depending on country and territory. Service may not be available in all markets. We recommend that you check with your local retailers to confirm the options available.
- Must be purchased and activated within 90 days of your ASUS product purchase date via ASUS Premium Care.
- The Link to MyASUS Mirror and Screen Extender function work on Android version 8.0 or above. iOS is not supported.
- The testing data includes the requirements of both military-grade standards and ASUS quality tests.
- The same device will offer differing levels of available storage depending on the chosen RAID level. If RAID 0 is used, the system combines the capacity of all SSDs in order to enhance data-transfer speeds. The available storage will equal the combined physical capacity of all the SSDs on the device. However, if the device is configured with RAID 1, two copies of the data are saved simultaneously in order to protect your data if one SSD fails. As a result, the available storage capacity will be half of the combined physical storage capacity, as half the storage is used for backup copies. For example, a device with two 1 TB SSDs in a RAID 0 configuration will have 2 TB of available storage capacity, but with RAID 1 the available storage capacity will be 1 TB.
- Note that the supplied accessory box is manufactured from recyclable paperboard. The condition of this material will naturally deteriorate over time and is not covered by an ASUS warranty. Check your accessory box regularly and, when it is no longer suitable to be used as a laptop stand, please dispose of it responsibly.
- ASUS Control Center is optional and its availability varies according to country. Please check with your local ASUS retailer for details.
- Please note that the keyboard design varies by model. Only ExpertBook B9 models with Intel® vPro include shortcut keys to enable the AI noise-canceling technology and mute the microphones.
Crafted to perfection
The magnesium-lithium alloy used in ExpertBook B9 is durable yet lightweight, resulting in a laptop that’s 16% lighter than the previous model3. The chassis is methodically-crafted, undergoing a complex 21-stage process to create its tough, but exquisite, exterior.
CNC-milled for strength
To create the precision-cut lid and complex keyboard surround of ExpertBook B9, a high-precision CNC-milling process is used to shape single pieces of solid metal. This reduces unnecessary internal voids, rendering the entire chassis tougher and stronger than is possible using traditional metal-stamping methods.
First impressions count
The ASUS design team incorporated architectural elements into the design of ExpertBook B9, with precisely shaped corners and edges giving it a clean, elegant look. Star Black finish is unique too, taking inspiration from the universe and stars in the night sky to create a color that exudes both mystery and wisdom. The finish is iridescent, with tinges of red and green appearing depending on how light strikes the surface, while small shining particles embedded in the finish resemble stars. This stylish design goes against the reputation of typical business laptops being plain and boring.
RAID, or Redundant Array of Independent Disks, is a storage technology that allows multiple drives to behave as one. ExpertBook B9 supports both RAID 0 and RAID 1 levels19 for superior performance for improved data security. The former stripes data stored evenly across two drives for up to 2x faster operations.7 The latter, by contract, automatically creates an exact copy of all data on both disks — so if one should fail, it’s quick and easy to recover from the other.
Speed is of the essence
A high-performance PCIe 3.0 x4 SSD gives ExpertBook B9 the fastest-available consumer storage so you’ll never be kept waiting for the operating system to launch or for applications to load. And because they don’t have any moving parts, SSDs are also incredibly reliable and quiet.
faster than PCIe x24
faster than SATA 3 SSD4
Mobility without bounds
ExpertBook B9 incorporates ASUS WiFi Master technology, so you’ll enjoy faster and more reliable WiFi connections at greater distances than ever before. Combined with the latest Bluetooth® 5.0 that lets you connect your favorite devices with less impact on battery life, ExpertBook B9 gives you the freedom to do whatever you need, wherever you want to!
WiFi 6 up to 3x faster than WiFi 58
Smooth FHD video streaming at distances of up to 300 meters or more9 with WiFi Master
Up to 65-meter range, with improved stability when USB 3.1 Gen 1 interference is present9
Panel Self Refresh technology
Panel Self Refresh technology relies on dedicated memory built into the LCD display panel itself. It’s used when the display is showing a static image, and saves energy by shutting down the video processor and its circuitry. This lower power consumption allows a much longer battery life.
To safeguard personal privacy and business information against malicious hackers, ExpertBook B9 has an integrated privacy shield that simply slides over the webcam for instant privacy.
AI noise-canceling technology in the MyASUS app
The AI Noise-Canceling Mic feature in the MyASUS app effectively filters out unwanted ambient noise There are two modes: Single-presenter mode allows the voice directly in front of the PC to be heard clearly; while Multi-presenter mode clarifies speech from different direction, ensuring optimum quality for group conference calls. The AI Noise-Canceling Speaker feature filters out all ambient noise apart from human speech — so you’ll hear what everyone else is saying.
Control conferencing with a simple click
ExpertBook B9 also features shortcut keys to quickly enable the AI noise-canceling technology or mute the microphones, ensuring that conferencing is slick and safe.22