Release Note

ZenTalk Happy Birthday

[New Question] [HOW TO/GUIDE][ZF5][Frimware Upgrade/Downgrade][Root][Fix Soft Brick[Boot Loop]]  

387008 286
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
pratomoastan IDN Level 5 | All posts
Last edited by pratomoastan on 2016/5/15 19:01

If I Was Unable ToAnswer Your Question Please Contact NgKok Yu ,@ Here[Click]
He Will Try To Answer Your Question As Soon As Possible.

IF YOU LIKE THIS THREAD PLEASE SUPPORT ME BY CLICKING ON THIS LINKS
Press like and rate if you are really excited for this tricks. Share this thread to let people know about this !!.

How ToUpgrade/Downgrade/Fix Soft Brick/Boot Loop On My Zenfone 5 ?
All Model's [A 500[501/502]CG][JB,KK,L]

Downgrade From L To KK Please Go To  : Goto Here [Im Not Sure ThisWill Work]
* Please Support And / Or Like This Post If You Find It Usefull * // ThisTurtorial Could Be Applied To The Other Phone Model Like T00J , But You SouldFind The Files By Yourself [Recovery , Etc] ( Use Google To Search It)

Before we begin please read :
#include /* * I am not responsible for bricked devices,warranty void,imei notdetected, dead SD cards, thermonuclear * war, or the current economic crisiscaused by you following these * directions. YOU are choosing to make thesemodificiations, and * if you point your finger at me for messing up yourdevice, I will * laugh at you. */
====================
Hi guys !!, today i will gave u the tutorial to
Downgrade Your Zenfone 5 Frimware From Kitkat to Jelly Bean Or Upgrade It FromJellyBean To KitkatAnd
How To Reflash Your Phone If You Had A Soft Brick[Boot Loop] At Your Zenfone 5
So, Lets Start !
Dont Be Affraid Because This Tutorial Will Help You So Much.
====================
Things That you will need :
====================
Tools:Intel driver : Download Here
PdaNet : Download Here
AdbDriver : DownloadHere Or Download Here
UsbDriver : DownloadHere
Asus Zenfone 5 Frimware :

A500CG: Download Here
A501CG : DownloadHere
A502CG : DownloadHere

RecoveryImage & Fastboot Image :DownloadHere
PcLink : DownloadHere

*For Downgrade From L TO KK : Try to flash thedowngrade version (5.3.3.3).
If can't then try to fastboot the img files from5.3.3.3 downgrade firmware.// By Ng Kok Yu

====================
How To ?
====================

·        DownloadRecovery.img , Fastboot.img of the desired frimware version
·        *Example : You want to install2.20.40.13 WW [UL-ASUS_T00F-WW-2.20.40.13-user]  Version Of FrimwareThen You Should Download 2.20.40.13_ww_recovery.img ,
          2.20.40.13_ww_fastboot.imgAnd So On .          [The Version Of Recovery Image And Frimware Must Be Same If Not The Upgrade /Downgrade / Flashing Process Will Be Fail]           [TW Version Cant Install WW Version And So On]
·        Download Install Usb Driver
·        Download Asus Frimware
·        Download Install Adb Driver
·        Download Pc Link , Pda, Intel Driver And Install
·        Extract The adb inside any folder [I Suggest You To Create A New Folder And Place It In There]
·        Copy 2.20.40.13_ww_recovery.img , 2.20.40.13_ww_fastboot.img  file to Adb folder (inside the adb folder)
·        Copy the zip frimware file to the adb folder.
·        Activate the usb debug > settings > about > software info > tap on the build number until the popup show that indicate u re aleadry a dev "
         back to setting again now u will find developer options , click on it >              switch iton there is a slider on top of the window > scroll down and u will find usbdebug > check the            box > popup showed click ok.
·        Connectthe phone to pc > the rsa thing will pop up check the always allow and pressallow on your phone screen tick always allow if the computer is yours.
·        Openadb folder, Shift+ right click >Open Command pomport Here (click on it)
·        Onthe adb cmd type adbreboot bootloader
·        After u enter the fastboot/droid boot type  fastboot flash recovery <Recovery Image FileName.img> [thanpress enter in your keyboard to excecute command] [Example:
         fastboot flash recovery2.20.40.13_ww_recovery.img [than press enter in your keyboard to excecute command]
·        After Recovery Done Do : fastboot flash fastboot <Fastboot Image FileName.img>
·        After the recovery & fastboot flash complete go to recovery menu and select on it [navigate using vol up and down , select using power butt] [phone will reboot and enter
         recovery] after u enter recovery, navigate and select [navigate using vol up and downselect using power buttons] update from adb
·        And type on adb cmd adb sideload <Frimware File ZipName> [Example : adb sideload UL-ASUS_T00F-WW-2.20.40.13-user.zip] - WaitTill Done Done
·        GoBack To Recovery Again And Do: Wipe Chace Partition And Wipe User Data [Use Vol Up / Down To Navigate AndPower To Select / Choose]
·        Waitthe for the process to complete, Navigate to reboot and seclect it [navigate using vol upand down , select using power butt]
·        TheBoot Process Will Be Little Longer After This Process Please Be Patient

*Note This Tutorial Can Be Applied To This Cases : [U Want To Upgrade Your Zenfone 5 To Kitkat Or Downgrade It, Your Phone Has Soft Bricked (Boot Loop)And You Want To Fix It By Yourself]

==========================
In A Boot Loop
==========================

In A Boot Loop The U Cant Enter The System Ui [Stuck At Asus Logo / Asus LogoWith A Spinning Circle]
So Usb Debug Is Doesnt Important In This Case [Its Doesnt Matter If You Turn ItOn Or Off]
This Can Be Fixed By :

·        DownloadRecovery.img , Fastboot.img of the desired frimware version
·        *Example : You want to install 2.20.40.13 WW [UL-ASUS_T00F-WW-2.20.40.13-user]  Version Of FrimwareThen You Should Download 2.20.40.13_ww_recovery.img
         ,2.20.40.13_ww_fastboot.img And So On .           
         [TheVersion Of Recovery Image And Frimware Must Be Same If Not The Upgrade /Downgrade / Flashing Process Will Be Fail]         
         [TW Version Cant Install WW Version And So On]
·        DownloadAsus Frimware
·        Download Install Usb Driver
·        Download Install Adb Driver
·        Download Pc Link And Install
·        Extract The adb inside any folder [I Suggest You To Create A New Folder And Place It InThere]
·        Copy 2.20.40.13_ww_recovery.img file to Adb folder (inside the adb folder)
·        Copy the zip frimware file to the adb folder.
·        Open adb folder, Shift+ right click >Open Command pomport Here (click on it)
·        TurnOn Your Zenfone 5 And Enter Droid Boot (Fastboot) By Holding Vol Up + Power ForA 4 Sec, After That Release It
·        After u enter the fastboot/droid boot type  fastboot flash recovery <Recovery Image FileName.img> [thanpress enter in your keyboard to excecute command]
         [Example: fastboot flash recovery 2.20.40.13_ww_recovery.img [than press enter in your keyboard to excecute command]
·        After Recovery Done Do : fastboot flash fastboot <Fastboot Image FileName.img>
·        Afterthe recovery & fastboot flash complete go to recovery menu and select on it [navigate usingvol up and down , select using power butt] [phone will reboot and enter
         recovery ] after u enter recovery navigate and select [navigate using vol up and downselect using power buttons] update from adb
·        And type on adb cmd adbsideload <Frimware File Zip Name> [Example : adb sideload UL-ASUS_T00F-WW-2.20.40.13-user.zip] - Wait Till Done Done
·        Go Back To Recovery Again And Do: Wipe Chace Partition And Wipe User Data [Use Vol Up / Down To Navigate And Power To Select / Choose]
·        Wait the for the process to complete, Navigate to reboot and seclect it [navigate using vol up anddown , select using power butt]
·        The Boot Process Will Be Little Longer After This Process Please Be Patient

How to Change SKU from CN/TW/CUCC to WW

SKUI's Recovery , By Changeing The Recovery You Could Flash The Another Frimware Version , Like If  U Re At Tw And Want To Change To ww Just Change The SKU / Recovery To WW
==============
Things That you will need :
==============

Tools:

Adb Driver : DownloadHere
UsbDriver : DownloadHere
Inteldriver : DownloadHere
PdaNet : Download Here

AsusZenfone 5 Frimware :

A500CG: Download Here
A501CG : DownloadHere
A502CG : DownloadHere

RecoveryImage & FastbootImage :DownloadHere
PcLink : DownloadHere

===============
HOW TO ?
===============

MakeDecission In Your Mind Whats Frimware Version That You Want To Choose
DownloadThe Desired Frimware Version From Link Above
DownloadRecovery.img of the desired SKU/Recovery version
DownloadAnd Install Asus Pc Link, Pda, Intel Driver
DownloadAsus Frimware

*Example:You want to install 2.20.40.13 SKU  Version Of Frimware Then YouShould Download 2.20.40.13_ww_recovery.img , 2.20.40.13_ww_fastboot.img And SoOn . [The Version Of Recovery Image And Frimware Must Be Same If Not TheUpgrade / Downgrade / Flashing Process Will Be Fail
DownloadAnd Install , Adb Driver , Usb Driver And Pc Link
ExtractThe adb inside any folder [I Suggest You To Create A New Folder AndPlace It InThere]
Copy2.20.40.13_ww_recovery.img , 2.20.40.13_ww_fastboot.img file to Adb folder(inside the adbfolder)Activate the usb debug > settings > about >softwareinfo > tap on thge build number until the popup show that indicate ure aleadry a dev " back to setting again now u will find developer options, click on it > switch it on there is a slider on top of the window >scroll down and u will find usb debug >check the box > popup showed clickok.
Connectthe phone to pc > the rsa thing will pop up check the always allowand pressallow on your phone screen tick always allow if the computer is yours.
Openadb folder, Shift + right click > Open Command pomport Here (click on it)
Onthe adb cmd type adb reboot bootloader
Afteru enter the fastboot/droid boot type  fastboot flash recovery<Recovery Image File Name.img> [than press enter inyour keyboard toexcecute command] [Example: fastboot flash recovery2.20.40.13_ww_recovery.img[than press enter in your keyboard toexcecute command] recovery flash complete.
AndAfter it was done type fastboot flash fastboot <Fastboot Image FileName.img> [thanpress enter inyour keyboard to excecute command] [Example: fastboot flashfastboot 2.20.40.13_ww_fastboot.img [than press enter in your keyboard toexcecute command] recovery flash complete.

UntilThis Step You Aleadry Change Your Recovery Version To WW/TW/CN Or Etc

==============
Frimware Flashing
==============
*YouMust Re Flash Your Frimware Because You Aleadry Change Your Recovery / SKUVersion . So The Recovery And Frimware Will Use Exact Same Version .

Gotorecovery menu and select on it [navigate using vol up and down ,select usingpower butt] [phone will reboot and enter recovery] after u enter recoverynavigate and select [navigate using vol up and down select using power buttons]update from adb
Andtypeon adb cmd adb sideload <Frimware File Zip Name That You Just Download AndCopy Into The Adb Folder> [Example : adbsideloadUL-ASUS_T00F-WW-2.20.40.13-user.zip]
Waituntil the for the process to complete the phone will auto reboot if notnavigateto reboot and seclect it [navigate using vol up and down ,select using powerbutt]
Andtype on adb cmd adbsideload <Frimware File Zip Name> [Example : adb sideloadUL-ASUS_T00F-WW-2.20.40.13-user.zip] - Wait Till Done Done
GoBack To Recovery Again And Do: Wipe Chace Partition And Wipe User Data [Use Vol Up / Down To Navigate AndPower To Select / Choose]
Waitthe for the process to complete, Navigate to reboot and seclect it [navigate using vol up anddown , select using power butt]
TheBoot Process Will Be Little Longer After This Process Please Be Patient

TheBootProcess Will Be Little Longer After This Process Please BePatient
Source: My Brain + Expereince

How to ROOT Asus Zenfone [4] [4.5] [5][6]
Lollipop 3.23.40.52 TW CHT WW

-Download The Root File

-After You Download It Just Extract It Anywhere
-Connect Your Phone
-Turn On Usb Debugging On Your Phone
By GoTo Settings , Dev Option [If You Cant Find It Just Go To Settings– About –Software Info – Build Number And Tap It Rapidly Until “You Are Became Developer”
Appear Back To Main Menu Of Settings ,Scroll Down Until You Find The “DeveloperOptions” Menu , ClickIt And Enable Usb Debugging
-GoTo Inside The Roo Folder , And Right Click , Run As Administrator The Root.Bat

-Wait About 4 Minutes it will Root your Phone and Restarts Automatically .

[This Will Not Change Your SKU Version]
[]*To Unroot Just Re Connect Your Phone And Go To Inside The Root Folder , AndRight Click , Run As Administrator The Unroot.bat In The Root Folder
Source: My Brain + Expereince

How to ENABLE Asus Zenfone Dual UserMode/Guest User @Zenfone [4] [4.5] [5] [6]
Lollipop 3.23.40.52 TW CHT WW [Rooted PhoneOnly]  [DOESNT NEEDED AFTER THE LATEST PATCH]

-Download This File
-Extract It Anywhere
-Find Installer.exe inside the extracted folder
RunThe Exe And Connect Your Phone , Make Sure Usb Debug Enabled , Choose Enable IfU Want To Enable It / Disable If U Want To Disable It

Note:Youcan't change the User while you are in Homescreen..." Issue with Clover view "
FromLockscreenor From Settings You can switch the Users..
Source: Googling , Sources

Thanks.
IHope This Tutorial Help You To Fix Your Phone . *Please Support And / OrLike This Post If You Find It Usefull *

AnotherTurtorial From Me :

IND Level 1 | All posts
Last edited by Adithya on 2015/2/6 23:24

Thank you very much. I had a serious problem with my bricked phone. Your method works great.
I have a few corrections to your method though:
1. You need not download the recovery.img separately. It comes with the firmware (inside the .zip) file. But the flashing procedure remains the same.
2. You should not extract the firmware (.zip) file into the ADB tools folder (you asked us to do that). You just need to copy the .zip file into the ADB folder. That's all. (Otherwise the adb sideload command would give an error that it was unable to open the specified .zip file (because there is no .zip file in there))
Last edited by stoyanov.daniel on 2015/4/22 15:22

Thank you!
T00J
Downgraded from 2.20.40.44 to 2.20.40.30 yesterday successfully and all bugs from the HORRIBLE 2.20.40.44 firmware disappear! Finally! Missing some steps in you procedure and could be useful for same persons:

1. Going to Recovery menu after recovery flash (fastboot flash recovery <Recovery Image File Name.img>) will produce screen  - "No command" BUT menu on the top of the screen is not visible. Need to move vol up/ down to see the other part of the menu (probably recovery menu bug ) and then will be able to see "update from adb"(it's not on the picture ZF5 but it is the same view of the recovery. Don't panic.)

2. After adb sideload <Frimware File Zip Name>  successfully load  - need to wipe the cache and data (MUST if it is downgrade from 4.4 to 4.3) otherwise bootloop will be produced.
I hope u guys can understand my bad english :p
ESP Level 1 | All posts
Copy recovery.img file to Adb folder (inside the adb folder)
Extract the zip frimware file to the adb folder.

If you extract the the firmware into the adb folder you will overwrite the previously downloaded and copied recovery.img

Why do you do that?

Regards
jesusangel posted on 2014/12/9 18:05
Copy recovery.img file to Adb folder (inside the adb folder)
Extract the zip frimware file to the ad ...

sorry i miss typed it , please read it again , i aleadry fix it , sorry for the problem that i gave to u when u read my tutorial ...
PHL Level 1 | All posts
Last edited by kittyhawk on 2014/12/15 17:22

Hi,

sorry to ask, just wanna make sure. is this procedure tested? my firmware is 1.96.40.50. i have been trying to update in manually but no luck no update notification comes out after i copy the zip file.  thanks!
yeah i aleadry do this with my a500cg and its work fine
Last edited by pratomoastan on 2014/12/15 22:51

this turtorial not told u to download and copy it to internal storage , but this turtorial is howed u that u must flash it via recovery and the tool that u use is adb .
by adb sideload command . place the downloaded file inside adb , plug your phone , etc -_- .

BUT

If u want to make your phone detect the update .
u must rename the zip file
example 2.20.40.13 - change it to 2.21.40.13  after that copy to internal .
and check for update ... try that << i never tired this method @@ .
IDN Level 1 | All posts
does it need to wipe the data after downgrade or I can just reboot it without wipe data?
IDN Level 1 | All posts
helloo

please help ,,,,

my Zenfone 5 Has Stuck @ ASUS LOGO (White Type) ,,

i Cant entry to Droiboot and Recovery Mode ,,

i was Flash before with Flash Tool and try put in Rcovery.img (Random Version) and try to Flash recovery.img too ( with random Ver )

what Should i do ??

please hlp meeeeeeeee
pratomoastan posted on 2014/12/12 20:38
sorry i miss typed it , please read it again , i aleadry fix it , sorry for the problem that i gav ...

bro could you help me,im stuck on Asus logo after last update,i would like to know where to extract firmware exactly?
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm