Release Note
Give Me ZenFone 5

[Share] Can't update thru the Play Store? You can try this.

1829 7
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
zenfans_0CUY PHL Level 4 | All posts
(Reply ko po ito dun sa isang thread sa Product Discussion ng ZE520KL, marami kaming may ganitong problema dun eh. Share ko na rin dito at baka makatulong.)

For those who still couldn't update their apps thru the Play Store, try this. After tinkering with restarts / cache wipes / uninstalling Store updates / resetting app preferences / etc., I discovered this accidentally. So far this works best for my case, every time.

Do you guys use the Autostart Manager to restrict app background activity? Before you update your apps in the Play Store, go into the Manager and toggle the switch on, to green (meaning you allow autostart for all apps). I do it for all tabs - Recently Installed, Downloaded, and Preloaded - just to be sure. Then go back the Play Store and try to update your apps. So far for me it hasn't failed. Oh, and after updating, you can go back and toggle the switch back off. I hope it works for you guys.

This tells me that Asus should look into fixing the Autostart Manager's code, as it appears to mess with the Play Store's ability to modify apps. Attention, Asus.
Screenshot_20171215-200112_EDIT.jpg
then:
Zenfone 5 A501CG
now:
Zenfone 2 Deluxe Special Edition ZE551ML
Zenfone 3 ZE520KL
Props
PHL Level 4 | All posts
You need to enable Google play services in the background so that every time an update for the app is release it will reach to your device. Take a look on the screenshot.
Screenshot_20171217-002708.jpg
When playstore service is disable to start then all apps that needs your playstore will not function. That is the logic at auto start manager. Be wary on some apps that you disable to start it may cause issues.
Props
litolindo posted on 2017/12/17 00:33
You need to enable Google play services in the background so that every time an update for the app i ...

The thing is, even with the Autostart Manager suppressing everything, it didn't stop Play Store updates in its previous versions. Then I recalled that the Manager itself has been receiving updates from Asus in recent times, and Asus might have tweaked something and made it a little bit too overzealous doing its job. Just my two cents.
Props
Besides, Google Play Services for Instant Apps doesn't govern Play Store control over your installed apps. The concept of Instant Apps is a distinct thing altogether. I don't think you can actually deny the Play Store itself from the Manager.
Props
PHL Level 4 | All posts
It seems like you have made configuration on device that disables update we have the same unit ZE520KL but I don't have problem with apps update
Props
litolindo posted on 2017/12/17 09:39
It seems like you have made configuration on device that disables update we have the same unit ZE520 ...

No I didn't. And if you don't have that problem, well good for you then.
Props
PHL Level 1 | All posts
Gumana sya sakin. Hahahaha thanks bro. A huge help for me.
Props
PHL Level 1 | All posts
Same here, ganun din po sa akin ayaw mag download and update po. Sana maayos nila tong problem na to
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share link list
Share by pm