Release Note
ZenTalk

[Tips] 【Photography Tips】Shooting beautiful photos of snow scene

1477 4
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
Wayne_ASUS TWN Moderator | All posts

As a habitant of a sub-tropical zone, it is very hard for me to see snow in my country. Therefore, once I get chances traveling to a country that snows, I will be extremely excited and eager to shoot great photos of those beautiful snow scenes! After shooting a couple of photos I find there is something strange with my photos, say, the snow is darker than what I actually see with my eyes! What happened?

Why do photos become darker?
The reason is snow reflects sunshine and this easily makes the phone misjudge the surrounding brightness, making the exposure value lower than it really is, as what we could see below.

It is very easy to resolve this problem by setting exposure value higher on manual mode (or Pro mode). As to the exact value what we are supposed to adjust, it depends on the actual environments.

▲ The photo becomes normal after the EV is adjusted higher than 0.6.

Then let me share some photos I shoot for snow scenes!

This post contains more resources..

You need to login to download attachments. No account?Register Now

x
Props
IDN Level 7 | All posts
nice info, thanks

Props
Nice info (though we dont have snow here in philippines ) Lovely photos too!
Props
USA Level 1 | All posts
Nice photos.looks really cold. Glad I'm not there lol
Props
Forum › Guru’s Share › ZenFone Reviews[Tips] 【Photography Tips】Shooting beautiful photos of snow scene1#  Wayne_ASUS TWNModerator | 2018/4/8 20:24 785 300.pngQuote: As a habitant of a sub-tropical zone, it is very hard for me to see snow in my country. Therefore, once I get chances traveling to a country that snows, I will be extremely excited and eager to shoot great photos of those beautiful snow scenes! After shooting a couple of photos I find there is something strange with my photos, say, the snow is darker than what I actually see with my eyes! What happened?Why do photos become darker?The reason is snow reflects sunshine and this easily makes the phone misjudge the surrounding brightness, making the exposure value lower than it really is, as what we could see below. 01.jpgIt is very easy to resolve this problem by setting exposure value higher on manual mode (or Pro mode). As to the exact value what we are supposed to adjust, it depends on the actual environments. 02.jpg▲ The photo becomes normal after the EV is adjusted higher than 0.6.Then let me share some photos I shoot for snow scenes! 03.jpg04.jpg05.jpg06.jpgRelated Threads【Photography Tips】Finding your magical moments!How to photograph fireworks with your ZenFone!5 Things That I Like About ROG Phone[PROMO] 12 Weeks of Zen: A Christmas PromoHow to access PRO Mode and Super Resolution?How to Shoot Slow Motion on ZenFone 42#  dhavaro IDNLevel 7 | 2018/4/10 11:01nice info, thanks                         3#  hideki elixir PHLDr.Zen | 2018/4/11 11:57Nice info (though we dont have snow here in philippines ) Lovely photos too! 4#  cornbread0715 USALevel 1 | 2018/4/13 00:09Nice photos.looks really cold. Glad I'm not there lolI would like to say a word.Terms of Use Notice  Privacy PolicycASUSTeK Computer Inc. All rights reserved.
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm