Release Note
ZenTalk

[Resolved] [Android Operation/Settings] Can I call from Zenwatch 2?

26131 7
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
wulkenator USA Level 1 | All posts
When I try to make a call or answer a call with the Zenwatch 2, it answers or makes the call from the phone.  Shouldn't I be able to actually talk and listen on the watch itself?  I have the Samsung S5 phone with Cellcom as the carrier.
Props
TWN Level 5 | All posts
   This reply is the best answer.   
The WI501Q (1.63 inch model) has a built-in microphone/speaker which would make it possible to make a phone call with the watch but as for now the current Android Wear 5.1.1 doesn't support a speaker. The next or an other future Android Wear version will support a speaker but it's not clear yet if it will be possible to make a phone call with the ZenWatch 2.

There are some roumors in the internet that the next Android Wear version will support a speaker but for now, nothing is confirmed.
Props Helpful 0
IND Level 1 | All posts
Check this site people
store.google.com/product/asus_zenwatch_2­

*Built-in speaker
Make and receive phone calls using the watch speaker and hear an alarm or audio message through supported apps.

*My Asus ZenWatch-2 lasts 3 days with light usage on the greyscale WatchFaces mode.
*Best budget smartwatch. ( Rs. 11999 Only )
*No heart rate and NFC ( not very much required at all)
* New android wear 1.4 with android 6 marshmallow update will bring new gestures and speaker support
*Overall excellent smartwatch and a must buy smartwatch
Props
IND Level 2 | All posts
When do i get speaker activation update?
Props
Even with the marshmallow update on my watch,  im unable to make a call. Playing music and all has been enabled but not the calling option
Props
sriharsha.merugu posted on 2016/3/25 00:25
Even with the marshmallow update on my watch,  im unable to make a call. Playing music and all has b ...

Hello sriharsha.merugu
You have to turn on the "Play phone audio on watch" in the Bluetooth section of options in your watch
and allow "phone audio" in your phone's Bluetooth options.
Thank you
Props
USA Level 1 | All posts
I am unable to connect phone media to the watch, only phone audio. Is it just my phone? That's the issue?
Props
prophecy8 posted on 2016/5/13 13:35
I am unable to connect phone media to the watch, only phone audio. Is it just my phone? That's the i ...

Hello prophecy8If you have the option available, that means that you can take calls using your watch
If you want to play music on your watch, the only app that allows you to do that is the "Play music " app
Thank you.
Screenshot_2016-03-30-15-58-59.jpg

Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm