3034 15
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
joshuajau7 MYS Level 1 | All posts
ZenFone 4 Bug Report
ZF Model: ZC520KL
RAM: 3G
Firmware/APP Version: SystemUI
Frequency of Occurrence: Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 @1.4 GHz (Quad-Core)
Rooted: No
APP Name: -
Screenshot: -
Last edited by joshuajau7 on 2018/10/24 13:44

I recently downloaded and successfully upgraded this ASUS ZenFone 4 Max (ZC520KL) to Android Oreo (version 8.1). I already use it for 48 hours since it was upgraded. Overall experience is now different than using it before the upgrade.This is what I saw after the upgrade:

Update (Add-On/New Features) :
- The UI is now different (ZenUI 5.0)
- Adding new tools (such as Page Marker & Twin Apps)
- The PowerMaster & Mobile Manager has a new look.
- Dialler, Contacts & Clock & Gallery has a new look.
- Others (I can't find it right now. But feel free to comment if you found other features.)

Bugs:
- Some of the button (such as hotspot button that has ↓ beside it's name looks broken. I press the ↓ button but it turns on or off the hotspot)
- The hotspot section has different language but it not was a big issue.
- Some of the settings in the developer options not working well)
- Others (I can't find it right now. But feel free to comment if you found other bugs.)

This is what I found after using it for a while. It might help some users or developers to do some improvements fixing the bug for the next patch or update to this phone.

That's all from me.

(NOTE: It is based on my experience.It might different than other users.)
Props
MYS Level 3 | All posts
Another bug detected:
1. Asus Zentalk Icon is gone
2. GPS is useless
3. Sound when using earphone(listening to spotify and youtube) is getting lower than before update. Sound for facebook is sometimes okay, sometimes not okay.
4. Device is a bit slower
5. Cannot adjust transparency of notification pane
Props
MYS Level 3 | All posts
I'm replying with my Asus ZenFone 3 Max ZC520TL
Props
MYS Moderator | All posts
Hi joshuajau7,

We appreciate your time to report these bugs to us and the concern has been escalated to the relevant department for further investigation
Props
abg_brother93 posted on 2018/10/25 23:02
Another bug detected:
1. Asus Zentalk Icon is gone
2. GPS is useless

Hi abg_brother93,

Just checking, are you in the latest firmware? If yes, are these bugs happened after the update?
Props
MYS Level 3 | All posts
cheesetherapist posted on 2018/10/31 16:35
Hi abg_brother93,

Just checking, are you in the latest firmware? If yes, are these bugs happened  ...

yes, i'm in latest firmware. kind of buggy. maps, sound a bit lower than usual (using earphone/headphone).
Props
abg_brother93 posted on 2018/11/5 10:16
yes, i'm in latest firmware. kind of buggy. maps, sound a bit lower than usual (using earphone/hea ...

Hi abg_brother93,

Did you try factory reset? If have not already, please do so after backup all your data.
Props
MYS Level 3 | All posts
cheesetherapist posted on 2018/11/5 10:21
Hi abg_brother93,

Did you try factory reset? If have not already, please do so after backup all y ...

Why do i need factory reset? This is Asus' job to make it less buggy. Customer had to do it manually? i will say No because it's Asus' job. If I had to do it, i think that i already work for Asus. So, Asus need to pay me for the job.  
Props
abg_brother93 posted on 2018/11/5 21:45
Why do i need factory reset? This is Asus' job to make it less buggy. Customer had to do it manual ...

Hi abg_brother93,

Factory reset will restore your Android device to the state where it was made out in the factory. This implies that all installed applications, software, passwords, accounts and other personal data that you may have stored on the internal phone memory will be wiped out clean, which user is advised to back up data before performing factory reset.

Bugs and glitches may caused due to some virus downloaded or file was crashed when an app is working in the process. If above mentioned problems still persist after factory reset, we will escalate this concern to headquarter for further investigation.
Props
MYS Level 3 | All posts
cheesetherapist posted on 2018/11/7 10:52
Hi abg_brother93,

Factory reset will restore your Android device to the state where it was made o ...

I knew the process. But it is your job to do it less buggy (without factory reset). U got it?
Props
12Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

!wish!

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm