ASUS 5 Bug Report
Model: ZE620KL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: PPR1.180610.009.WW_Phone-16.0610.1812.58-0
Frequency of Occurrence: Constant
Rooted: No
APP Name: -
Screenshot: -
The main camera will not focus even after factory reset. Issue started after pie update. No issues with wide angle and main camera can still focus when objects are near ( macro shot) without enabling depth effect. Please see attached pictures. Camera version 4.2.5.4
P_20190202_230826_vHDR_Auto.jpg
P_20190202_230850_vHDR_Auto.jpg
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM KINDLY HELP ME AS WELL, WIDE ANGLE WORKS TOTALLY FINE BUT MAIN CAMERA ONLY FOCUSES ON THE OBJECT WHEN IT IS CLOSE LIKE VERY CLOSE TO THE CAMERA OTHERWISE IT DOESN'T FOCUS AND I GET BLURRY IMAGES
Props
IDN Level 2 | All posts
i have same problem with my phone, when i tap the object, its can not focus, its blurry
please asus fix it
Props
TWN Moderator | All posts
Hi All,

Good day.
Does this problem only happen on "Auto mode"?
Please kindly update the firmware to the latest version WW-V16.0610.1901.74.
(1.) If your camera app is in version 4.2.7, please try to restore it.
       (settings > apps & notifications > see all apps> app info> camera > storage & memory >clear storage and cache)

(2.) Could you please check this focus function on "Pro mode"? ( Here's a screenshot for your reference)

If this problem still appears, please upload your original photos to a cloud and paste your share link to us. (e.g. Google drive or Asus webstorage)

Thank you.

Screenshot_20181109-182058.jpg
Props
auntina.jp PHL Level 1 | All posts
I am unable to update the firmware of my device to WW-V16.0610.1901.74

My device is failing to recognize the system file even after factory reset and it never shows the System Update File Detected message.

And since I cannot update my firmware, I also cannot update my camera app version.

Below links are the ones that I followed.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1009748
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1011546
Props
IDN Level 1 | All posts
Hi, I'm also having the same problem with my Zenfone 5Z (ZS620KL) after updating to Android 9 Pie Version. My firmware is up to date (WW_ZS620KL_90.10.138.181_20190202). My camera app version is 5.0.43.2_190117_3M and I've tried clearing data and cache, rebooting it in safe mode, and tried many other camera app. The problem is the same, the main camera won't focus in objects farther than 5 cm from the phone, the wide angle mode and front camera is working fine.  I changed from auto mode to pro mode, changing the focus level, ISO, depth mode, and every adjustment I can make but still no improvement to focus. Only close up shot of objects closer than 5 cm can be focused fine. Please fix this because I've seen many threads about this. Photos result is attached.
P_20190220_084601.jpg
P_20190220_084616.jpg
P_20190220_084610.jpg
Props
auntina.jp PHL Level 1 | All posts
Just to keep you guys updated.

The tech rep had me bring my unit to their service center and the rear camera was replaced.

Also, they replaced the whole LCD as it also was connected to the issue of getting blurry images on the screen.

My unit was still in warranty so all was replaced at no cost.  

Best of luck with your phones, mates.
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
leorcaaurino posted on 2019/2/20 06:49
Hi, I'm also having the same problem with my Zenfone 5Z (ZS620KL) after updating to Android 9 Pie Ve ...

Hi leorcaaurino,

I am also facing similar problem. Is your problem got resolved? If yes, can you please share me the steps.
Props
TWN Moderator | All posts
leorcaaurino posted on 2019/2/20 09:49
Hi, I'm also having the same problem with my Zenfone 5Z (ZS620KL) after updating to Android 9 Pie Ve ...

Hi  leorcaaurino,

Good day.
I would suggest you backup phone files and bring your phone to a local service center for a further examination
http://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
Props
PHL Level 1 | All posts
chahalvedant posted on 2019/2/6 23:05
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM KINDLY HELP ME AS WELL, WIDE ANGLE WORKS TOTALLY FINE BUT MAIN CAMERA ONLY F ...

Do you have solution for the blurry camera when updating to android pie bro? Please tell me if you have.. thanks
Props
12345Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

!wish!

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm