Release Note
ZenTalk

[Experience Sharing] [Updated-8]Oreo 8.0 Zenfone 3(ZE552KL/ZE520KL) Whats New.??  

46473 177
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
starktend IND Dr. Zen(IN) | All posts
Last edited by starktend on 2019/4/15 18:15

Eighth System Stability Update has been released :-
Seventh System Stability Update has been released :-
Sixth System Stability Update has been released :-
Fifth System Stability Update has been released :-
Fourth System Stability Update has been released :-
Third System Stability Update has been released :-
Second System Stability Update has been released :-
First System Stability Update after Oreo 8.0 has been released :-

ASUS 5z Unboxing & Quick Look

Android Oreo 8.0 is released for ASUS 3 ZE552KL/ZE520KL

So Whats New in this Long Awaited Update, Lets Start.

o.jpeg
In Oreo 8.0 you've got an Octopus(Oreo Mascot) to Play with in the Blue Screen, nice Time Pass.
In earlier Android Verisons, you had to scroll a Long List of Settings Options and as addition if your Device was running a Custom OEM Rom then the List was little more Longer. Android Oreo sorted this out by introducing Bundles. In Oreo 8.0 similar settings are Bundled in one.
Screenshot_20180129-145627.jpg

All the Connection or Networking or Sim Card or related Settings are bundled into one.
Screenshot_20180129-150346.jpg

All the Apps & Notifications settings are grouped into one.
ans.jpeg
Oreo 8.0 introduced a very intresting New Feature which is PIP-Picture In Picture mode. This mode enhances Multitasking and its very smooth in use. But this option is not easliy visible in settings, you need to dig a little deeper in Settings Menu.
Here's how you can see this Option. Goto Settings > Apps&Notifications > Special App Access > PIP(See in the Picture as well)
Screenshot_20180129-144626.jpg

Storage & Memory settings are grouped into One. On Nougat Android System was covering 8 GB of internal Storage in total, but now in Oreo 8.0 it has reduced to 7.7 GB, I know its not much but still its better.
Also in Oreo 8.0 for handling with Storage issues a new Utility is introduced i.e, "Storage Manager"
s&m.jpeg

Next, all the Wallpaper & Theme Stuff is also bundled into One. And here you'll also find New Stuff which is ZenUI 4.0 exclusive.
Live Daily Automatic Wallpaper Change, Wallpaper Update Notification etc.
Screenshot_20180129-145835.jpg

Next, in Advanced Tab rest of the other ZenUI 4.0 features are there alongwith other old settings options Such as Fingerprint Gestures etc. And these are those features which users requested from a long time, and here you go, You aksed for it and You got it!!
a.jpeg

Options like Languages & Input, Date & Time, Backup, Developer Options, Reset etc are grouped into System tab. Details About Device could also be found from here.
absy.jpeg

ZenUI Help, Zentalk & Service Center is grouped in Support Tab. Remember if you've Disabled ZenUI Help or Service Center App already then accessibility will be disabled in the Support Section, So if any of you want to access it from there then you have to enable them first.
Screenshot_20180129-145935.jpg

In Oreo 8.0 Screenshot feature is also enhanced. Suppose if you want to capture Long Screenshot then you can do this simply by tapping the Screenshot Quick access from quick settings tile, now after the Screenshot is captured you need to click on Long Screenshot option. A New Screenshot menu Tray is designed which appears at bottom of the Screen after a Screenshot is Captured. As you can see the First one is a Normal Screenshot and the Second one is a Long Screenshot.
ss.jpeg

There is one special thing of Oreo 8.0 which I liked most and I Hope many of you will also like this and that is, Automatic System Optimization. You might've noticed a notification about the same when your Device first restarted after updation. And this Background Optimization runs regularly in Background. This will help in Battery Optimization & other System Optimizations as well. See the Screenshot.
Screenshot_20180129-153858.jpg
So thats all Guys for this article. If you're facing any issue in Updating your Device then you can ask me by commenting Down below and if you have any other Query Regarding Oreo 8.0 then mention it Down in Comments below, I'll reply to your queries as soon as Possible.

And don't worry Guys, Oreo 8.0 will also be released soon for other ASUS 3 Series Smartphones and for ASUS 4 Selfie Series Smartphones as well.
Enjoy Oreo 8.0
~~Read More~~

Dr.Zen(IN)
/Facebook Groups/
GadgetsTherapist_Hub : Click Me
ASUS Zenfone Max Pro M1 - Fans Group Official : Click Me
Props
Last edited by starktend on 2018/1/30 15:22
himanshukashyap0001 posted on 2018/1/30 14:51
Sorry dr.zen picture in picture mode.

Hello himanshukashyap0001,
PIP - Picture In Picture mode works with Chrome, YouTube, Maps, WhatsApp.
If you want to use PIP with YouTube then you can't, PIP currently supports YouTube Red not the normal YouTube App. So for using PIP with normal YouTube you have to watch Videos within Chrome Browser. For using PIP - Picture In Picture Mode go through following Steps :-
1. Open Chrome and open https://www.youtube.com.
    Remember you have to use Desktop Site of YouTube.
2. Now, open any video which you want to Play, set the desired resolution else the Video will automatically play depending upon the Network Speed.
3. Full screen the Video.
4. Now tap the Home Button and there you go, PIP will be working now.

Props
sridhardmrl posted on 2018/1/31 17:54
What about FMRadio. It has got deleted. More over camera performance got degraded

Hello sridhardmrl,
The FM Radio accessibility is changed, Now in Oreo 8.0 it is not accessible from a specific app for FM Radio instead you can access it from Quick Settings Tiles.
For doing that you have to add the FM Radio tile in Quick Settings,
Drop the Quick Settings Panel, Click on Quick Settings Edit Button and from a list of tiles given Select the FM Radio tile and Drag it to your active tile list and Drop wherever you want to place that.
Thats how your FM Radio is accessible now.
Props
Last edited by starktend on 2018/2/3 18:45

Dark Theme for Apps & System
Zenfone 3(ZE552KL/ZE520KL)

On Zenfone 3, the little ability of Customisation is Parted with Oreo 8.0. But we all like to use Dark Backgrounds and themes.

I found a way with which you can Use Part Black theme for a few Built-In apps(Asus Apps) and the same applies for the System upto a certain Level.

th.jpeg

You can do this by downloading Dark themes from the Asus Themes App.

There are a few themes which offers nice Dark System theme experience and this also could help in Saving Battery, which in case is no longer an issue with Zenfone 3 ZE552KL/ZE520KL.

As of now I've used Howling Wolf and Light Speed themes, which allows the Built-In apps and the System to go Dark upto a certain level and also sets a specific contextual color. In my case its the "Cyan Color" with the Light Speed theme.

Screenshot_20180203-181730.jpg

You can try different themes and let all of us know how well it make the System go Dark.
Try different themes and if you think they're Good enough then comment down the Theme name and you can also use a Screenshot too.
Hope with Final Future Updates maybe Zenfone 3 can get OMS!!!

Props
Last edited by starktend on 2018/2/17 19:41
How to Use PIP-Picture in Picture Feature With Screenshots!

1. Open Chrome Browser and open Youtube in Desktop Mode.
1.jpg
2. Open the Video you wanna Play
Screenshot_20180217-190350.jpg
3. Set the Screen Mode to Full Screen and activate Auto Screen Rotation and adjust the view as you like, Now tap the Home Button.
2.jpg
4. There you go, PIP-Picture In Picture is now activated
3.jpg
I noticed one thing, when you use Chrome for PIP the functionality is not limited only to YouTube, you can use PIP easily with any other Website which offers video content.

Props
PHL Level 1 | All posts
I personally like the new floating bookmark for chrome, for viewing offline pages. And the new google keyboard.. Love it!!
Props
Hello Everyone,

Second System Stability Update has been released for Zenfone 3 ZE520KL/ZE552KL.

Issues addressed in this Update :-
Security Patch Updated to February.
Bluetooth Connection Improved and Sound Recording Stability Improved.
Rest issues will be addressed with upcoming System Updates, No ETA.
Props
Hello Everyone,

Third System Stability Update has been released for Zenfone 3 ZE520KL/ZE552KL.
This update addresses March Security Patch and Bug Fixes.
Props
I didn't get any new interface of camera 
Props
jaiswaltushar006 posted on 2018/1/29 20:07
I didn't get any new interface of camera

Yes, No New Camera Interface is implemented, but the Performance is Smooth and I didn't felt any Focus issue as well.
Props
IND Level 4 | All posts
Thank u for sharing what's new in OREO update ... Dr Zen 
Props
USA Level 4 | All posts
Asus laser 3 Z01BDB oreo update date plz..
Props
starktend posted on 2018/1/29 19:42
Yes, No New Camera Interface is implemented, but the Performance is Smooth and I didn't felt any Fo ...

But in Asus ZenFone 4 selfie pro there is a new interface of camera ......
Props
jaiswaltushar006 posted on 2018/1/29 20:33
But in Asus ZenFone 4 selfie pro there is a new interface of camera ......

That Camera UI is Specific for Next Gen Zenfone 4 Selfie & Zenfone 4 Devices. The Camera UI which Zenfone 3 uses now is specific to itself.
Props
Draj posted on 2018/1/29 20:26
Asus laser 3 Z01BDB oreo update date plz..

Hello Draj,
As of Now Oreo 8.0 Update is released for Zenfone 3 ZE552KL/ZE520KL models, Soon it'll be released for other eligible devices.
Kindly have Patience.
Props
SRINNsmiley posted on 2018/1/29 20:25
Thank u for sharing what's new in OREO update ... Dr Zen 

Enjoy Oreo 8.0 alongwith ZenUI 4.0.
Props
starktend posted on 2018/1/29 20:06
That Camera UI is Specific for Next Gen Zenfone 4 Selfie & Zenfone 4 Devices. The Camera UI which  ...

Ohkk.....I hope I can get that interface of camera in next update of zen UI 4.0
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

!wish!

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share link list
Share by pm