ZF Model: ZB630KL
RAM: 6G
Firmware/APP Version: Android Pie 9.0
Frequency of Occurrence: Thanks a lot Asus
Rooted: No
APP Name: System Update
Screenshot: -
Last edited by Sanju on 2019/4/11 11:28

Thanks a lot Asus for keeping your promise of rolling out Pie on or before 15th April, 2019 in India.

Today ita 11th April and at around 9.28 am, I received the Stable Pie update notification with Size of about 1625 mb.

Downloading and installing went fine and here is my quick review about some changes in the Pie for Max Pro M2 as below :

**Changes came with Pie :

1. Notification panel got revamped completely without any alignment issues so far compared to the issues in Oreo.

2. Notification panel clock shows up the AM / PM once again.

3. Two New Gestures have been introduced. Check in settings > system > gestures.

4. Dark Mode theme is available jow under system > display.

5. The biggest change > NOTCH AREA CAN BE FULLY UTILIZED NOW ON SINCE YOUTUBE AND OTHER GAMES ARE PLAYING AT THE NOTCH AREA WITHOUT THE NOTIFICATION PANEL LINE CUT.

6. Recent items UI has been changed.

7. Split Screen option is available now (thanks to Anagramgenius for pointing out how to access it)

**Things which are not implemented (and CONS):

1. Camera2API is not enabled.

2. Option to enable/disable Notch option is not available in settings.

3. Touch vibration level is reduced a lot which is bad.

4. Dual SIM dual Ringtones can't be set.

5. AI Scene detection has been disabled. No more AI Scene detection is happening with the stock Camera.

6. Adaptive battery is not enabled.

7. Display brightness scale is showing up as 70% with the same brightness level in Oreo with scale set as 35%.

**Let me know if anyone got the Camera2API enabled or not or how to get it enabled.

P.S. : I checked Camera2API using Camera2API Probe app available in playstore. (Check the screenshots)

EDIT (at 11:21 am) : PUBG is NOT playing at the notch area, its still the same as of in Oreo. Full notch area playback is happening in YouTube, Hotstar and Clash of Clans only in my Max Pro M2. Maybe PUBG app update could fix the same.

Screenshot_20190411-092840.png
Screenshot_20190411-095322.png
Screenshot_20190411-095425.png
Screenshot_20190411-101658.png
Screenshot_20190411-101720.png
Screenshot_20190411-111627.png
Lets Make the World Full of Technologies
Props
IND Level 2 | All posts
any bugs so far?? Actually, I am afraid to update it...
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
Notch Area still not optimized for less famous games like Agent A
Props
Sanju IND Level 5 | All posts
Dpunit1 posted on 2019/4/11 10:41
any bugs so far?? Actually, I am afraid to update it...

I just messaged you Punit.

So far, haven't faced any major bug but at the same time, its true that its too quick to say this pie release as bug free. And I don't think that its completely bug free as we all know whenever Asus released any updates, they brought in bugs for sure.

I have listed some cons in the Original post, where I mentioned that touch vibration has been reduced a lot which is an uneasy feeling for me like the vibration is not being felt at all.

No touch lag is there btw.

I am going to perform a hard reset now from r
The droid boot menu as I do the same everytime when ita an OS upgrade. Will check in later today.
Props
amrupam007 posted on 2019/4/11 10:45
Notch Area still not optimized for less famous games like Agent A

I checked with YouTube, Hotstar, Clash of Clans, PUBG and all of them were playing with full notch area playback. I only have those 2 games i.e. coc and pubg in my Max Pro M2.

Props
IND Level 2 | All posts
Sanju posted on 2019/4/11 10:19
I just messaged you Punit.

So far, haven't faced any major bug but at the same time, its true  ...

Ok bro...Inform after the hard reset and if any bugs found after that.
Props
IND Level 2 | All posts
Thank You, now i'm gonna update if there aren't any major Bugs
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
Last edited by anagramgenius on 2019/4/11 10:41

I had enabled camera 2 api via fastboot command in Oreo. It's still enabled after updating to pie. I can't get the dark theme to work. Dark theme was applied at least to quick settings in beta Pie update. Nothing happens in "Stable" Pie update.
Edit: It did nothing when I enabled it in settings. All of a sudden, the quick settings panel became dark.
Props
Alka_109 posted on 2019/4/11 10:54
Thank You, now i'm gonna update if there aren't any major Bugs

So far so good, no major bugs are there except that low touch vibration. Wait for few hours. I'll let you know.  
Props
IND Level 2 | All posts
anagramgenius posted on 2019/4/11 10:26
I had enabled camera 2 api via fastboot command in Oreo. It's still enabled after updating to pie. I ...

enable it from developer option.
Props
12345678Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

!wish!

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm