ZenTalk

[Experience Sharing] HOW TO FREE UP STORAGE ON ZENFONE[TUTORIAL]

34818 9
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
vaibhavnarain11 IND Dr. Zen(IN) | All posts
Last edited by vaibhavnarain11 on 2017/1/3 14:16

Hi guys,
as you know less storage space issue has been with us since eternity,so i would be giving you tips on how you can free up storage.

Check your storage capacity:
Before you do anything else, check on the state of your local storage with the built-in storage tool on your zenfone. To check this, go to your phone Settings then tap Storage.
The subsequent screen shows you which types of files are taking up the internal storage on your device. It shows you the minimum memory you need to run Android. You can also see the available memory you have left and your microSD status.
From the Storage page you can tap on Miscellaneous files near the bottom. From here you can delete these blocks of data manually.
As you can see most of the storage is occupied by miscellaneous and media section.Read further how to reduce that.

Uninstall apps you don't need

This is the best way to free up space on your Android device. If you go into your Settings and tap Application manager you can see all the apps that are currently installed on your device. Tap the menu button (the three dots in the top right corner), then choose Sort by size to see which ones are taking up the biggest chunks of memory on your device. Once you spot an app that you don't need or use infrequently you can click on it to manage it. You can disable it, uninstall it or stop the notifications.

Delete or transfer pictures and video
This can be a time-consuming process. But if you work methodically through the media folders on your phone or tablet you can free up a ton of storage on your zenfone.
Remember that apps such as Google Photos can back up all your content to the cloud anyway, so you don't necessarily have to keep local copies.An app such as Astro File Manager or ES File Explorer can help you hunt down loose files.

Use a cloud music service

If you've downloaded a ton of songs to your Android device you should consider switching to a cloud music service. Music downloads are a big drain on your memory and deleting them can really free up storage. There are many excellent cloud music services like Google Play Music, Pulsar Music Player and Shuttle Music Player.

Clear out app data

As well as uninstalling apps completely, you can also clean out their temporary data stores. In the cases of some apps (such as browsers or social media apps), the size of this cache can quickly grow, and you can free up a substantial chunk of space if you know where to look.
From Settings, dive into the Apps section then tap on an individual app to see how much room it's taking up. You can clear both the cache and the local data storage using the buttons provided — though some of your app personalizations may need to be reconfigured as a result.

Use a microSD:

It is the best way to get the most out of your device storage,just move all videos/music to sd card and you will free up huge amounts of storage.

Delete thumbnails of gallery:

Gallery thumbnails can sometimes can take up huge amounts of storage,even upto 1-2gb.
Download any file explorer which shows hidden files,enable the option to show hidden files.
Open the storage where your camera pics are stored,It will be named as DCIM,now open the folder there will be a subfolder named .thumbnails,
Delete it regularly.

Reboot once every 2-3 days:
Rebooting clears unwanted cache and optimises system.

SOURCES
THANKS HOPE YOU LIKED THE POST, Suggestions welcomed

oops i accidentaly posted in idea for next, moderators please move it into fan share

Props
SGP Level 5 | All posts
I used to use CM cleaner to clean up my unneeded files every month or so.
Now I am using Boost +.
Props
THA Level 1 | All posts
fuck you! fuck you! fuck you! fuck you! fuck you! fuck you! fuck you! fuck you!

It is nothing to do with space, it is a BUG!!! - Asus SORT THIS OUT!!

I have a Zenfone that is now destined for the bin and as far as I'm concerned ASUS owe me a phone that functions as a phone - you conniving feckless BASTARDS!!!!!
Props
THA Level 1 | All posts
my zenfone keeps telling me it is oput of storage - THIS IS A LUE!
Props
OTHERS Level 2 | All posts
Big bullshit,

ASUS phones software does not allow us to move apps on the SD card.

I have over 1GB free & can't use any of it because it is say is FULL, it's a brand new phone that i purchased yesterday, i can't even update the preinstalled apps from phone because no space & it's a 8GB memory storage phone ASUS Zenfone GO ! GOing to hell mostly because can't do sht with it, not even update it to Android 6 which need do it manually to... really disappointed!
Props
PHL Level 1 | All posts
useless
i have zenfone live and i'm almost running out of internal storage
pls fix it as soon as possible, allow apps to be installed in external storage/sd card

it's really disappointing, now i'm regreting buying the freaking asus phone
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
Hi I'm usinf Asus zenfone max since 3 yrs..I have no prob with device except memory issue..internal storage getting full...DCIM FOLDER nothing is there...but memory it takes is about 5 gb..can I delete..
Props
vaibhavnarain11 IND Dr. Zen(IN) | All posts
deenss786 posted on 2019/1/30 10:20
Hi I'm usinf Asus zenfone max since 3 yrs..I have no prob with device except memory issue..internal  ...

You can delete the thumbnail files.
Use any file explorer which shows hidden filders/files.
Don't delete the DCIM folder as it will delete the pictures clicked by camera.
Props
GBR Level 1 | All posts
To free up space of Android phone more effectively, you also can resort to third-party softwares. MobiKin Eraser for Android is a powerful software to clear your Android data. It will scan every space  of your phone memory and then erase all pravacy data and junk files like contacts, messages, safari cookies, calling history, email caches, etc. forever to speed up your Android mobile phone.
Props
NOR Level 1 | All posts
Hey, I have some trouble freeing up space on my device (Asus Zenfone 5Z 6GB RAM). I've used Google Photos for a long time and have been able to free up space with the app, but for some reason it can't delete the photos in my camera folder on the device. As far as I can see the photos that are not being deleted are older ones, while the newest are being deleted.

What can I do? Is this an issue with the phone or with Google?
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

!wish!

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share link list
Share by pm