Release Note
ZenTalk wish you a Merry Christmas!
1234567Next

ASUS confirms Android Oreo update availability for ZenFone 3 and ZenFone 4!  

65171 61
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
nikkojamesreducto PHL Moderator | All posts
Last edited by nikkojamesreducto on 2017/8/25 09:35

Not only was the ZenFone 4 series unveiled during We Love Photo in Taiwan on August 17th, but the future roadmap for OS updates for ZenFone 3 and 4 were also announced.

AndroidO.JPG

Onstage, Marcel Campos, Head of Global Content Marketing at ASUS, announced that not only will ZenFone 4 series be running ZenUI 4.0 and be upgraded to Android Oreo, but last year's ZenFone 3 series will be updated as well.

ZenUI4.JPG

ZenUI 4.0 features the lightest Android UI skin to date yet, according to ASUS. Featuring up to % increase in overall performance when using popular apps. ZenUI 4.0 also gets rid of unnecessary bloatware, shaving down the 35 pre-installed apps on ZenUI 3.5 to just 13 apps. It will also improve the UI for more intuitive operation, and will have new features such as Twin Apps (two social media accounts on one device), Page Marker (a bookmarks app), and more.

Faster.JPG

Android Oreo on the other hand will feature much awaited improvements from Nougat, such picture-in-picture mode, unread notification app badges, better Bluetooth audio support and adaptive icons, to name a few.

ZenUI 4.0 might roll out to ZenFone 3 devices soon after the release of the ZenFone 4 series (let's still wait for further announcements), meanwhile ASUS announced that Android Oreo will be gradually released to all supported devices by the second half of 2018.

PHL Dr.Zen | All posts
Well done Asus! And good news to us zenfone 3 series users!
GEO ZenFone 3 Beta Tester | All posts
Last edited by user996 on 2017/8/18 11:21

no more fm radio? what the hell. btw what apps will be removed? can anyone list?
PRT Level 3 | All posts
ZenFone 3 laser is included on the models that gone a get the zenui 4?
USA Level 1 | All posts
Why is ASUS always behind. Other phones already have bug fixes for Nougat from 7.0 to 7.1.1. Even my child's cheap Nexbit Robin upgraded to 7.1.1 but ASUS fixes nothing
PHL Level 1 | All posts
Yes! I'm waiting for this update. Android o.
DEU Level 1 | All posts
Last edited by LumenReaper on 2017/8/19 18:28

Asus is perhaps not the fastest when delivering updates, but I think it is time to say Thanks you Asus.

Remember that we already got the security patch for this month.
THA Level 1 | All posts
Good news, thanks for sharing.
ITA Level 1 | All posts
Zenfone 3 series should be updated to zenui 4.0 soon. If it takes too much time i won't buy an asus device anymore.
IND Level 1 | All posts
Can't wait for the new android oreo update now   keep it up asus  
1234567Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share link list
Share by pm