Release Note
ZenTalk

Zenfone 3 5.5 vs Zenfone Max Pro M2

611 4
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
EliasPaniki PHL Level 3 | All posts
Hi! I've last been here 3 years ago after I got my zen 3 5.5. The phone is still alive and kicking to date with me with no issues whatsoever. My wife's note4 just died and I was looking for a new phone for her and recently saw the newly released Zenfone Max Pro M2 and M1. She kinda liked the M1 because of the rose color variant, and I kinda liked the M1 too because of the build as it's not plastic at the back. Camera wise, I think my zf3 still takes better colors but I don't know if the dual camera will out do it.

I saw a review from India on YT showing the M2's super scratchable plastic back panel of the phone and was turned off by it. I'm Thinking of getting 2 M2 to replace my ZF3 but I'm in the grey about certain things I hope you guys can help me out:

1.) Is it worth the upgrade from ZF 3 to ZF max pro m2? Antutu scoring is around 77k vs 120k. I don't play games anymore.
2.) I've been reading on the zentalk forums and seems the M2 is littered with issues such as screen not responding well, low signal for mobile data etc. Kinda made me think twice before buying a pair of these phones for the both of us
3.) Do you think the cheaper M1 is still viable option? Is the performance hit that significant between the two?
4.) Can you share any actual usage reviews?
5.) Does the 5000mah battery really live up to it's specs? I've been reading around and new phones with 5000mah batts do not always seem to live up to the specs.
Props
Wellp, found the answer myself. Just been in an asus shop and tried both m1 and m2. My answer is "no thank you". Zen3 camera stumps the m1 and m2's camera by a mile! Even the front cam. 
Props
PHL Level 1 | All posts
Very good decision sir. If you rely mostly on mobile data then this max pro m2 will make you frustrated. It has very slow mobile data speed. I regret buying this phone. 
Props
PHL Level 1 | All posts
Very good decision sir. If you rely mostly on mobile data then this max pro m2 will make you frustrated. It has very slow mobile data speed. I regret buying this phone. 
Props
Yes, I rely heavily on mobile data here overseas. I'll wait and see how the zf6 will perform. Honestly, this zf3 5.5 is still perfect for me today
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm