ZenFone2 Bug Report
Model: ZE551ML
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: 2.20.40.184
Frequency of Occurrence: 2.33ghz
Rooted: Yes
APP Name: -
Screenshot: -
I received my new Zenfone 2 bought in France last week for my birthday. After the new firmware update, my screen started flickering and becomes white. In order to use the phone, I must scroll down the quick setting menu on every page change. I can't visit any ASC because there are none where I live - MOROCCO.

Please help solving this...

Scout & show-off
Props
Aghrab TWN Level 1 | All posts
I applied sollutions like disable H/W overlay and wipe out cache but the problem persists
Props
If its purchased online then replace it......
Props
It doesn't flicker in the settings menu or in file manager, besides that the phone is basically unusable and I almost locked my sim card as I'm typing the PIN blindly.
It's really a shame since I've been saving for too long for this jewel and it seems that many months money is simply thrown by the window x(
Props
saurabhguttedar9 posted on 2016/5/30 07:44
If its purchased online then replace it......

Unfortunately it's not: I've given money to a family member to buy it for me
Props
Factory reset the phone and see is still no fix refer your self Asus authorized service centre to get it fixed
Props
IND Moderator | All posts
Hi Aghrab,

Thank You for your post.

Your post will be moved in Global section.
Props
PHL Level 2 | All posts
Hi, that happened to me as well and I had to have my LCD replaced. Try if it only happens when your screen is on a darker background. Take a screenshot when the lines appear and if the lines don't show up in the image, the problem's got to be with the LCD.
Props
It seems like ASUS is in the business of selling very expensive mp3 players xP (better joke about it rather than cry...).

The thing is that I'm kind of trend-maker in my community and if I can't solve this issue, I won't be recommanding ASUS products anytime soon, neither on a personal level nor on the professional one: I'm an IT solutions acquisition advisor for SMBs on the French speaking countries.

I would be happy to enlighten my contacts about my experience with ASUS products and how their Customer Service handles inquiries compared to other suppliers I'm recommanding: The benchmarks I provide can't be accurate if I'm not honest about what I face in my very own life.

If for a worldwide well known problem on a fresh off the factory device the company doesn't recall the faulty products or at least find a permanent fix instead of routing everyone to an ASUS Support Center (that does not exist in every country) that only applies a temporary solution (the problem comes back after a few months of the screen replacement - I spent the whole day getting in touch with communities facing the same issue, only a few thousands people around the globe so far).
The prospects should hear and know about this!

PS(I have nothing but respect for the mods, TSRs and the CSRs, I know there doing the best they can but they have to operate within the internal regulations, bylaws and the company policies)
Props
Last edited by Aghrab on 2016/5/30 15:31
MAX_ASUS posted on 2016/5/30 04:06
Hi Aghrab,

Thank You for your post.

Your post will be moved in Global section.

Thanks for the moving and waiting for your reply.

Quick question though: What's the difference between "Forum›Discussion Forum›ZenFone2› ZE551ML" and "Forum›Discussion›ZenFone2›ZE551ML", also how to access "Discussion" from the "main forum" ? Thanks in advance!
Props
12Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm