- Next-Gen WiFi 6 Standard - 802.11ax WiFi standard for better efficiency and throughput.
- Ultrafast WiFi Speed - 6000Mbps WiFi speed to handle even the busiest network with ease.
- Wider Usage and More Convenience - 4 antennas + 8 LAN ports to support more clients at the same time.
- Commercial-grade Security - AiProtection Pro, powered by Trend Micro™, blocks internet security threats for all your connected smart devices.
- Better Partner with Mesh System - Compatible with ASUS AiMesh WiFi system for seamless whole-home coverage.
- Smart Home Ready - Control your RT-AX88U by linking your Amazon Alexa to it with simple voice commands.
The New Era of Home WiFi
The growing number of connected personal and IoT devices has led to an overall increase in network density that is pushing the limits of the current Wi-Fi standard. The latest 802.11ax standard provides future-proof technologies, higher network efficiency, faster Wi-Fi speeds, greater coverage and improved battery life for connected devices, providing a significantly better networking experience for users.
Built for Multi-device Households
With a revolutionary combination of OFDMA and MU-MIMO technology, 802.11ax technology provides up to 4X greater network capacity and efficiency in traffic-dense environments. Previous-generation 802.11ac Wi-Fi can only handle one device at a time on each network channel, which is an inefficient use of available bandwidth. OFDMA support in the 802.11ax Wi-Fi standard divides each channel into small sub-channels, allowing signals from multiple devices* to be bundled together and transmitted simultaneously, reducing latency for a smoother, more responsive Wi-Fi experience.
Better Battery Life for Your Devices
Target Wake Time (TWT) allows RT-AX88U to schedule designated intervals for devices to transmit data. This allows them to sleep when there is no need to wait for a router signal, reducing power consumption by up to 7X for significantly improved battery life*.
WiFi that Goes Farther
With the latest 802.11ax WiFi standard featuring OFDMA technology, RT-AX88U provides increased WiFi signal range and better coverage by dividing each channel into smaller sub-channels. These sub-channels have a smaller bandwidth that enables them to travel up to 80% farther1, resulting in a better WiFi connection throughout your home*.
Give your Online Gaming a Double Boost
10 -15% Lower
30 -60% Lower
45 -75% Lower
Commercial-grade Security for your Home Network
> Learn More
Wired or Wireless.
The Choice is Yours.
More LAN Ports for
Eight Gigabit LAN ports make
Wireless that's as Stable as Wired Ethernet
When you are far away from your router, enjoying the stability of a wired network connection is usually impractical or impossible. With special designed antennas, AiRadar beamforming and RangeBoost technology,
Powerful Whole-home Wi-Fi System.
The Way You Want.
In most cases, your
Turn your ASUS routers into whole-home Wi-Fi system with a simple firmware update
Mix and match preferred models from selected ASUS routers
Create a Wi-Fi network with either a single SSID or multiple SSIDs
All router features works across the entire Wi-Fi system
Extreme Power with 1.8GHz Quad-core CPU
- 1 The data refers to uplink OFDMA
- 2 The free router edition supports one selectable device on your network at a time with GPN traffic limits, and includes wtfast® technical support. Users can pay to upgrade to the advanced version for simultaneous acceleration of multiple devices with more GPN traffic and advanced features. Check out supported games list here.
- 3 ac data refers to: 40MHz / 256QAM on 2.4GHz band and 80MHz / 256QAM on 5GHz band. ax data refers to: 40MHz / 1024QAM on 2.4GHz band and 160MHz / 1024QAM on 5GHz band
- * To benefit from 802.11ax features, the Wi-Fi client needs to be 802.11ax capable.
- ** Actual data throughput and WiFi coverage will vary from network conditions and environmental factors, including the volume of network traffic, building material and construction, and network overhead, result in lower actual data throughput and wireless coverage.
- *** Quoted network speeds and bandwidth based on current IEEE 802.11ax specifications. Actual performance may be affected by network and service provider factors, interface type, and other conditions. Connected devices must be 802.11ax-compatible for best results.