[Notebook] Troubleshooting - How to fix no Wi-Fi network connectivity when installing Windows 11
Download Wireless Lan driver
- Please download the latest version of the Wireless Lan driver installation package from the ASUS support website. You can learn more about finding and installing the right drivers in this article: How to search and download drivers.
Note: Search for the WLAN driver paired with the name of the supplier of parts that are used in your PC. (Below demonstrates an Intel WLAN driver example.)
- After the driver’s download is completed, please copy the installation package to a USB flash drive.
Install Wireless Lan driver
- If Windows is unable to find an available Wi-Fi network to connect to during the installation of Windows 11, please connect the USB flash drive with the WLAN driver on it (previous step) to your computer.
- Press Shift + F10 keys to open Command Prompt window.
- In the Command Prompt window, type [C:\Windows\explorer.exe & exit] and press Enter①.
- The system will open the File Explorer window. Find the Wireless Lan driver that you’ve uploaded to your USB flash drive, then double-click it to start the installation②. (Below demonstrates an Intel WLAN drivers example.)
- After the WLAN driver setup wizard opens, please close the File Explorer window by clicking the icon in the upper-right corner③ before proceeding.
- In the driver installation window, select [Next]④ to start the Wireless Lan driver installation.
- Please read the License Agreement, and check the [I accept the agreement] box⑤, then select [Next]⑥ to proceed with the installation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Wireless Lan driver installation.
- After completing the installation, click [Finish]⑫ and restart your computer to finish the installation.
- After restarting your computer, you should be able to find the available Wi-Fi network connections.
If your problem persists after following the instructions above, please contact ASUS customer service center for further information.