[VPN] IPSec VPN setup on iOS
Step 1: Go to the VPN configuration page.
- Log into web GUI of your router and go to the VPN Server page.
- Go to the Settings menu on iOS, then tap General > VPN > Add VPN Configuration.
Step 2: Create a VPN connection.
- From the VPN Server page on web GUI of your router, move the slider to ON in the Enable IPSec VPN Server field.
- From the iOS VPN configuration page, select IPSec in the Type field.
- From the iOS VPN configuration page, enter the name (e.g. IPSec VPN) for the VPN connection in the Description field.
- In the Server field on the iOS VPN configuration page, enter the IP address displayed in the Server IP Address field on the VPN Server page.
- From the VPN Server page on web GUI of your router, enter the user name for accessing the VPN server in the User Name field. Enter the same user name on the iOS VPN configuration page.
- From the VPN Server page on web GUI of your router, enter the password for accessing the VPN server in the Password field. Enter the same password on the iOS VPN configuration page.
- When it's done, click the + on the VPN Server page.
- Enter the pre-shared key on the VPN Server page then enter the same key in the Secret field on the iOS VPN configuration page.
- Click Apply on the VPN Server page.
- Tap Done on your iOS device.
Step 3: Connect to the VPN.
- From the iOS VPN configuration page, tap the VPN connection you've set up earlier.
- Move the slider beside Status to the right to connect to the VPN.
- If you connect to the router from the Internet through IPSec VPN and cannot access the server inside the LAN, disable or check the LAN server’s firewall settings.
- If you set up the IPSec VPN connection with your mobile device or PC connected to your router at the same time, when it completes, you may connect to other devices on the LAN through IPSec VPN without the Internet access. If this occurs, disable Wi-Fi on your mobile device or PC and then connect to Internet via the 3G/4G mobile network. Now you are in a different network. Try connecting to the VPN again.
- There can only be a maximum of 8 clients with IPSec connections.
- One IPsec account/password can only allow one client to connect (max up to 8 rules of account/password).
- IPsec needs account/ password to connect, not support free login.
How to get the (Utility / Firmware)?
You can download the latest drivers, software, firmware and user manuals in the ASUS Download Center.
If you need more information about the ASUS Download Center, please refer this link.