[AiMesh] How to setup AiMesh system (ASUS Router APP-iOS)?
For more information about AiMesh, please go to: https://www.asus.com/Microsite/AiMesh/en/index.html
Step 1: Before you start to setup ASUS AiMesh, be sure to have the following devices available:
(1) Two ASUS routers which support AiMesh. You can find the supported model list at https://www.asus.com/Networking/Wi-Fi-System-Products/
(2) Assign one router as the AiMesh router, and another router as AiMesh node.
- The router with the highest specifications should be used as the AiMesh router.
- The best experience is the mesh system of 5 routers. (1 AiMesh router + 4 AiMesh nodes).
(3) Position the AiMesh router and node within 1 -3 meters of each other during the setup process.
Step 2: Upgrade all routers with AiMesh-supported firmware
Plug in the power adapter and press the power button at the back of your router.
Check the LED lights of WAN, 2. 4GHz and 5GHz to ensure the hardware connection is ready.
Connect your PC to the router via a network cable.
Launch the web GUI and you will be redirected to the ASUS Setup Wizard. If not, navigate to http://www.asusrouter.com.
Go to Administration -> Firmware Upgrade.
Note: You can download the latest firmware in the ASUS Download Center.
Upload the downloaded firmware on both AiMesh router and node.
After firmware is uploaded, please go to the Network Map page to confirm whether AiMesh icon shows up.
Step 3: Reset the AiMesh node to factory default
Press the reset button of AiMesh node for at least 5 seconds, and release twhen the power LED is flashing slowly.
When the reset process is completed, allow the AiMesh node to stay powered on and in standby for AiMesh settings to begin.
Step 4: Setting up AiMesh router
Unplug your cable/DSL modem. If it has a battery backup, remove the battery.
Connect your modem to the AiMesh router with network cable. And then power on your modem. Check your modem LED lights to ensure the connection is active.
Plug in the power adapter and press the power button at the back of your router. Check the WAN,2.4G and 5G LED lights to ensure the hardware connection is ready
Download ASUS Router APP on App Store. Search the network name (SSID) of your AiMesh router, and connect it.
Learn more information of ASUS Router App, please refer to the FAQ below and find support model lists, compatible firmware versions, or how to set up ASUS Wi-Fi router. [Wireless Router] How to set up ASUS Wi-Fi router via ASUS Router App? (QIS, Quick Internet Setup)
After login, go to "Add Node > Get Started. After clicking Get Started, it will automatically search AiMesh node .
And follow the ASUS router app screen instructions to complete the setting.
It's recommended to place all routers in close proximity when synchronizing for the first time in case of interference.
If it cannot find any AiMesh node nearby or synchronization fails, please follow the steps below and try again.
- 1. Confirm your AiMesh node is powered on.
- 2. Confirm your AiMesh node is upgraded to AiMesh-supported beta firmware.
- 3. Be sure your AiMesh node is reset to default.
- 4. Move your AiMesh within 1-3 meters of the AiMesh router.
- A message is displayed when synchronization is completed.
Congratulation! The pages below will now show up when the AiMesh node has successfully been added to the AiMesh network. Go to Devices -> AiMesh for more information.
Step 5: Positioning the AiMesh router and node at the best location
Now it’s time to move your AiMesh node to a preferable location. You can monitor how many devices are connected to the AiMesh node, and how good the reception is from the AiMesh router. You can access the information by using the ASUS Router App or web GUI.
It's strongly recommended that you put the AiMesh node between your AiMesh router and your existing dead zone.
Position AiMesh router and node aimed high and in open space.
- Guest network broadcast from AiMesh router only currently, it is not available in AiMesh node.
- There won’t be any guest network option from the AiMesh node(s).
- All router settings can only be done under the AiMesh router, not from AiMesh nodes.
How to get the (Utility / Firmware)?
You can download the latest drivers, software, firmware and user manuals in the ASUS Download Center.
If you need more information about the ASUS Download Center, please refer this link.