[Instant Guard] How to set up Instant Guard VPN ?
Starting with ASUS Router firmware 18.104.22.168.386_40225 (later than this version), you can now create a secure virtual private network (VPN) access to your home network from anywhere with ASUS Instant Guard app. The Instant Guard app is available for iOS, Android and downloadable in the App Store and Google Play store. Please check if your model supports this feature here.
Follow the below steps to set up Instant Guard VPN.
1. Launch the ASUS App
To use Instant Guard app, you have to set up your router with the ASUS Router app in advance.
2. Please make sure Remote Connection enabled in ASUS Router App.
3. Go to Settings and click Instant Guard.
4. You will switch to Instant Guard app and your device was also added into it.
5. Tap the button to build up VPN connection.
1. Launch the Instant Guard app
Please make sure you have set up your router with the ASUS Router app.
2. All devices you had set up with the ASUS router app will show on the list and you can select devices which can be use on Instant Guard app in available devices area.
3. Devices will be added into Instant Guard app and you can switch which device you would like to connect via VPN.
4. Tap the button and the device will begin the process to connect to your home
5. Tap the button again to disconnect.
[Note] Currently Instant Guard only works with a public IP address, If your Internet Service Provider (ISP) does not support this requirement, please contact your ISP. You also can refer to How to set up VPN server with port forwarding? with a private / virtual IP address.
1. What operating systems does the Instant Guard app support?
The Instant Guard app is available for iOS, Android.
2. Does the router use private IP (WAN IP) to support the Instant Guard application to set vpn connections?
No, Instant Guard app only supports routers that use public IP (WAN IP).
3. Does the ASUS router with IPv6 support the Instant Guard application to set VPN connections?
No, Instant Guard app now only supports routers with IPv4 to setup VPN connection. You can build up WireGuard VPN server with IPv6 and use WireGuard app to connect to your VPN Server on ASUS router. Please refer to [Wireless Router] How to set up WireGuard® server?
How to get the (Utility / Firmware)?
You can download the latest drivers, software, firmware and user manuals in the ASUS Download Center.
If you need more information about the ASUS Download Center, please refer this link.