[Notebook] Troubleshooting - How to fix keyboard backlight problems
- Hard reset (EC reset)
- Restore BIOS settings
- Update and confirm BIOS / Windows packages / drivers with the latest version in your laptop
- Reinstall ASUS System Control Interface driver
- Restore the system from restore point
- Reset the PC
- Please remove all external peripherals, such as external hard drives, printers, memory cards, external ODD (if your computer is with internal ODD, please remove CD/DVDs), dongles, etc.
- Power off the computer.
- Remove the AC adapter.
Note: Please don’t remove the AC adapter for ASUS laptop TP420IA and UX425IA model. (These models need to plug in the AC adapter to do the Hard reset process.)
- Remove the battery (if it is a removable battery pack).
- Press and hold Power Button for 40 seconds to do Hard reset.
- Re-install the AC adapter and battery, then power on the computer and check whether the problem is resolved or not. If the problem persists, please continue the next troubleshooting step.
Try to reset BIOS to default settings, here you can learn more about How to restore BIOS settings.
If the problem persists, please continue the next troubleshooting step.
Updating software usually helps the system stability and optimization, so we recommend you check and often update to the latest version in your laptop. Here you can learn more about:
For executing Windows update and drivers update, here you can learn more about:
If the problem persists after you have updated BIOS/Windows packages/drivers to the date, please continue the next troubleshooting step.
- Type and search [Device Manager] in the Windows search bar①, then click [Open]②.
- Uninstall ASUS System Control Interface drivers. Check the arrow next to [System devices]③, then right-click [ASUS System Control Interface]④ and select [Uninstall device]⑤.
- Check the box to [Delete the driver software for this device]⑥, then select [Uninstall]⑦.
- Go to the ASUS support site, then download and install ASUS System Control Interface driver. Here you can learn more about How to search and download drivers.
- If the problem persists after installing the driver, please continue the next troubleshooting step.
If the keyboard backlight problem happens recently, and if you have ever created a restore point or there is an automatic system restore existed, try to restore the computer to a point before the problem began to resolve the problem. Here you can learn more about How to use restore point to restore the system.
If problems persist, please continue to the next step.
If the problem persists after all troubleshooting steps are completed. Please backup your personal files, then reset the PC, here you can learn more about:
If your problem is not worked out with above solution and information, please contact the ASUS authorized repair center for further tests.