RAM: 3GB
Firmware/App Version: WW_31.40.13.50_20170807
Frequency of Occurrence: -
Rooted: No
App Name: -
Screenshot: -
Description: Loose USB Connector
Last edited by maxtecson on 2017/9/4 09:55

Hey Asus could you design your USB connectors more robust. I mean for just 5 months of normal use, charging my phone and connecting to PC, my USB connector became loose. At first, I was fine with it because I could still use it to charge my phone but a couple of months ago I have noticed that my phone took longer and longer to fully charge. Sometimes it would almost took 5 hours for it to fully charge and it won't charge while I'm still using it and instead it is draining little by little. If it charges up, it would took 10-12 minutes to move up by 1 percent. For 1 Ampere charger, it should only takes around 3 Hours to fully charge a 3000 mAH battery with no fast charging feature.

So last night I've closely monitored it while charging. Charged it from 20%, leaved it for awhile then came back after 2 and a half hours and guess what, it's still at 49%. So I drain my battery down 20% percent again and use another USB cable. After 2 and a half hours it's already at 90%. So I came up to a conclusion that a loose terminal contacts that barely touches each other cause fluctuations to the current flow from your charger to your battery that's why you have varrying charging time. And God knows, how much it damaged my battery.

This is not an isolated case because I have read here that a fast charging didn't work because of a loose USB cable. I am also very careful when it comes to handling cables because I knew how fragile they you could be. So you can be sure that my USB cable was not abused. I mean the amount that I coud bend your cable the way I could bend other brands was way less. It would certainly breaks if I did it because of its bulky design. And on the connector side, it will loosen up over time if you charge your phone and place it the way the cable immediately extending the connector, around 5 to 6 cm, bending such that when your charging and your wall socket is below your knees and you place your phone on the table. It would certainly bend because your cable is only 85 cm. To avoid this you need to put your phone on the floor and who would want to place their phones on the floor, right? This was how my connector got loose. In summary, your USB cable is way bulkier and less susceptible to bending. I hope you take this into account.

P.S. I appologize for the long post. I'm just trying to be as detailed as possible. And I am not complaining and your phones are great.
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

!wish!

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm