Release Note
ZenTalk

12345Next

[Experience Sharing] [Pie Manual Update Guide] ASUS Max Pro (M2), Max Pro (M1), Max (M2)

8489 48
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
mail2ronit IND Dr. Zen(IN) | All posts
Last edited by mail2ronit on 2019/4/27 07:19

Pie Update Cover ZFM.jpg

Okay, so many of you complained about not getting the Pie update which is why I am making this article. So, you probably already know that, ASUS releases these FOTA updates in batches which sometimes delays the firmware for some devices for a significant amount of time. There was a second Pie firmware update for the ASUS Max Pro (M2) which was rolled out today. So, in this article, I'll refer to that firmware instead of the old one.

However, if have a ASUS Max Pro (M2) or ASUS Max Pro (M1) or ASUS Max (M2), you're not getting the update & you don't want to wait for the whole batch thing, there is another way to install the update. You have to download the entire firmware & install that on your phone. The process is very simple so, let me walk you through it. Oh, and the same process will work for all the devices so, these are the steps you need to follow.

Step 1: Download The Appropriate Firmware For Your Device

(Only India specific 'IN' firmwares are linked here)

ASUS Max Pro (M2) Pie Firmware: Version IN-16.2017.1903.064

ASUS Max (M2) Pie Fimware: Version IN-16.2018.1903.37

ASUS Max Pro (M1) Pie Firmware: Version IN-16.2017.1903.050

Step 2: Paste The Firmware Directly In Internal Storage

• i. You'll need to show the Internal Storage inside the Files app first (avoid this step if already done). You can do that by clicking on the Three Dots on the top right corner in the "Files" app & selecting the "Show internal storage" option.

Show Internal Storage.jpg

• ii. If you have downloaded the firmware from your phone, you need to paste the firmware directly into the Internal Storage. Not inside the folder. If you've downloaded on your PC, you need to do the same thing but, remember to unplug the USB cable from your phone after you've completed the file transfer.
  • iii. An update notification will show up (restart your phone if it doesn't), click on that & install the firmware. That's it.

VR PAD.png

[Note: This example has been created with the Beta firmware of the ASUS Max Pro (M2) so, if you have that device you'll do the same but, with the new stable firmware linked above.]

Bonus Step: It's literally upto you but, this is something I recommend after doing a Android Version upgrade exactly like in this case. Perform a Factory Reset to give the device a fresh start. This will remove the unwanted files & carry forward issues (if there are any) that was left by the previous firmware.

Another thing I need to tell you is that, you can use this process to install any firmware version in the future & remember to delete the firmware file from Internal Storage so, it doesn't allocate that extra storage in your phone.

Dr.Zen Ronit Roy

Devices : Zenfone 5Z ZS621KL , Zenfone Max Pro (M2) ZB630KL , Zenfone 3 ZE520KL , ROG G501VW , Zenfone Zoom ZX551ML , Zenfone 4 A450CG
Props
IDN Level 1 | All posts
Max Pro m2 Can't Lock 4G Only, Fck
Props
agunghrprox posted on 2019/4/27 09:51
Max Pro m2 Can't Lock 4G Only, Fck

Wasn't able to understand the issue. Can you tell me in a little more detail?
Props
i am already in the Pie so do i need to again download and install this 1.54GB file since i haven't received 25th April's 410MB updates on my device so far? or should i wait around a little more for 410MB updates?
Kindly reply
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
Pie update have so many issues.
Battery drains faster than oreo.
Sound clarity gone even in headphones. Pls fix this.
Props
mayekarvaibhav.668 posted on 2019/4/27 14:53
i am already in the Pie so do i need to again download and install this 1.54GB file since i haven't  ...

You should apply this update. It's a newer version. The 400MB+ update was probably for the Pie Beta users.
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
Last edited by tongn9966 on 2019/4/27 19:40

Why is the WhatsApp and Google Duo video quality so horrible even after 2nd pie update? Max pro M2.
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
Is this only for beta users??
I'm not beta user but im download the zip file from asus official website. And follow all the step which you are say but no notification is show in my maz pro m2.what can i do.
Props
ampubadsah posted on 2019/4/28 01:22
Is this only for beta users??
I'm not beta user but im download the zip file from asus official webs ...
It's not just for beta users. It's for all Max Pro (M2) users.

Paste the firmware directly into Internal Storage and not inside any folder. (Unplug the USB cable in case you're transferring from a PC.) If still there is no notification, Restart your device.
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
Any chance of migrating to zenUI
Props
12345Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

!wish!

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share link list