ASUS Chromebook CR1 (CR1100)
ASUS Chromebook CR1 (CR1100)
The rugged, student-centric study mate
ASUS Chromebook CR1 is designed to be robust and makes learning more effective and engaging for students. It’s packed with ruggedized features such as the all-round rubber bumper, spill-resistant keyboard and ultratough hinge. Featuring an easy-to-service modular design and zero-touch enrollment in IT networks, CR1 is also a smart investment for education environments of all types. With its ASUS Antibacterial Guard1 treatment, WiFi 6 and 4G LTE2 support, and eye-care display, CR1 is the smartest choice for learning!
Ultimate rugged design
ASUS Chromebook CR1 is engineered to withstand everyday knocks, bumps, drops and spills without damage. So, whether it’s dropped from a classroom desk or the dining-room table, ASUS Chromebook CR1 is built to keep on going.
All four exterior edges and corners are protected by a tough rubber bumper, which reduces the impact of physical shocks to ensure critical components are always safe and sound.
Shrugs off scratches
The tough, micro-dimpled finish doesn’t show scratches or fingerprints!
The spill-resistant keyboard can cope with liquid spills of up to 330 cc3, so minor splashes are no problem.
The gap between the edges of the keycaps and the keyboard surround is minimized to prevent the keys from being pried out.
Safe to hold
A rubber bar on the base provides a sturdy support for ASUS Chromebook CR1 while also making it easier to grip when carrying — a thoughtful design detail that reduces the risk of fumbles or slips that lead to drops.
Ready for action
Classrooms can be tough, but ASUS Chromebook CR1 is tougher! Built to surpass demanding US military-grade MIL-STD-810H durability standards4, it’s also rigorously tested to pass stringent ASUS quality tests. It can withstand occasional drops of up to 120 cm — more than standard desk height — and the hinge and I/O ports are fully tested to endure the stresses and strains of everyday use.
ASUS Antibacterial Guard
The surface of any laptop may harbor thousands of potentially harmful bacteria. To keep your ASUS Chromebook CR1 hygienic, the keyboard, touchpad and palm rest are all protected with ASUS Antibacterial Guard1,5. This has been scientifically shown by the internationally-recognized ISO 22196 standard to inhibit the growth of bacteria by in excess of 99% over a 24-hour period. Antibacterial Guard is also made to withstand alcohol-based cleaning products and hypochlorous acid water6, empowering you to keep the surface of your laptop clean and sanitary — limiting the spread of harmful bacteria.
Easy to Service and Manage
Easy maintenance and service: A smart investment in education
For easy on-site servicing and reduced downtime, ASUS Chromebook CR1 has a modular design that allows key components such as the keyboard, touchpad and panel to be replaced in minutes using simple tools. As well, the underside is securely attached using captive screws, eliminating worries about losing these little parts during repairs. CR1 also features zero-touch enrollment: the device automatically registers in an IT network as soon as the student or teacher connects to the internet.
Then, there’s the easy maintenance: CR1’s design makes for straightforward serviceability, so it’s a smart investment for schools seeking to reduce total cost of ownership, simplify operations and enable robust student productivity.
180° lay-flat hinge
Group discussion and sharing are easy thanks to ASUS Chromebook CR1 robust hinges, which enable a fully-flat, 180-degree position.
Anti-glare and eye-care technology
ASUS Chromebook CR1 has an 11.6-inch anti-glare display that reduces reflections to provide comfortable viewing for extended learning experiences — even under sunlight. The screen is also certified by TÜV Rheinland7 for low blue-light emissions, helping protect eyes from potential harm.
Faster mobile connectivity and WiFi
ASUS Chromebook CR1 has built-in 4G LTE2 for safe, secure and speedy mobile connectivity for outdoor learning thru SIM card. It also offers up to the latest WiFi 6 technology to deliver ultrafast and stable speeds for online learning and super-smooth video chats, so that teaching and learning can happen anywhere.
Full connectivity is vital when you want to get things done efficiently. That’s why ASUS Chromebook CR1 has two USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C® (USB-C®) port — with support for high-speed data transfers and USB Power Delivery — along with two USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A, a microSD card reader , an audio combo jack and a Kensington lock slot.
With up to 12 hours8 of battery life on a single charge, ASUS Chromebook CR1 will last for a full day of classes and more — empowering students to enjoy uninterrupted learning and, later, entertainment.
Enjoy the best of Google for Education
It doesn’t get better than ChromeOS. For both study and leisure time, ASUS Chromebook CR1 is your gateway to the very best of Google. You’ll enjoy full access to Google Play9 and you can talk to Google to get things done. Children should use their Workspace for Education account when accessing Google Services for school.
Easy access to apps on Google Play
Full access to Google Play9 lets you use your favorite apps for study, play and creativity. Also, with seamless cloud integration, you can easily access almost anything from any device. ASUS Chromebook CR1 opens a whole new world of freedom!
Built-in security features
ASUS Chromebook CR1 is enabled with automatic updates11 and built-in virus protection, seamlessly keeping your device safe, secure and always up to date. Because it leverages the rock-solid security of your personal Google Account, you can rest assured that private documents, emails, photos and confidential data are safe at all times.
- ©2021 DigitalGlobe.
- ASUS Antibacterial Guard treatment is registered by the US EPA and authorized under EU BPR.
- 4G LTE connectivity is optional. Nano SIM cards are sold separately and can only be used with the LTE SKU.
- ASUS Chromebook CR1 keyboard is spill-resistant, not waterproof. Water damage is possible if the product is submerged or exposed to large amounts of liquids for long periods of time. The ASUS standard limited warranty does not cover problems resulting from accidents such as water damage. To prevent water damage resulting from large spills or other accidents, ASUS recommends turning off the notebook, then tilting the laptop to drain away the excess liquid, wiping it off and letting it dry for at least 24 hours.
- The testing regime includes the requirements of both military-grade standards and ASUS quality tests, and varies depending on device. MIL-STD-810 testing is conducted on selected ASUS products only. Note that the MIL-STD-810 testing helps to ensure the quality of ASUS products but does not indicate a particular fitness for military use. The test is performed under laboratory conditions. Any damage caused by attempts to replicate these test conditions would be considered accidental, and would not be covered by the standard ASUS warranty. Additional coverage is available with ASUS Premium Care.
- ASUS Antibacterial Guard is tested by an independent third-party laboratory according to the ISO 22196 standard (measurement of antibacterial activity on plastics and other non-porous surfaces), using bacterial cultures that include Escherichia coli and Staphylococcus aureus, with an antibacterial activity (R) result of R > 2. R = 2 indicates a 99% reduction in bacterial activity compared to an untreated surface.
- ASUS internal tests show that ASUS Chromebook CR1 can be safely cleaned and wiped using hypochlorous acid water or alcohol from a spray bottle. Individual sprays of up to 3 cc do not affect the performance of the Antibacterial treatment.
- ASUS Chromebook CR1 offer reduced flicker, but are not flicker free.
- Based on Chromium OS power Load Test. The 12-hour use on a single battery charge was determined by looping local video playback at higher than 80 nits and at the default display brightness level. Battery performance is based on a mix of standby, web browsing and other use. Charging time requires the battery to be at least 5% charged, with the device inactive and using the included charger. Actual battery life depends on usage, specifications, applications and environment, among other factors.
- Internet connection required. Google Play, YouTube and other marks are trademarks of Google LLC.
- Google feature availability varies according to country. Please check with your local ASUS retailer for details. Offer is limited to new Google One members.
- Auto-updates require an internet connection.