[Motherboard] Fan Xpert 4 - Introduction
Fan Xpert 4 in AI Suite 3 is used to control all the fans that connect to the motherboard, user can adjust rotating speed of fans to customize the need.
Starting from the Intel 600 / AMD X670E series, the Fan Xpert functionality will be integrated into Armoury Crate.
For motherboards below the Intel 600 / AMD X670E series, please refer to the following instructions to use Fan Xpert:
How to use Fan Xpert 4 in AI Suite 3 to control the fan ?
1. Open AI Suite 3.
2. Click Fan Xpert 4.
3. Click Fan tuning to apply the suitable setting on all of fans.
4. Tuning proceeding.
5. Tuning process is finished when the screen shows Available.
6. User can choose default mode: Silent/Standard/Turbo/Full speed from the list. Mode that user choose will apply to all the fans.
7. User can also choose one specific fan to set up its rotating speed. Click left/right arrow key to choose the fan.
8. Click the diagram to enter the setup.
9. Click the Smart mode, and you can move/drag the blue dot to adjust the rotating speed.
10. Under the Smart mode, you can also set up the spin up/spin down time to prevent rotating speed from vast change within a short period of time. Click the Auto-Fan Stop, fan will stop at very low RPMs.
11. Click Source, select up to three thermal sources, and the fan speed will automatically change based on the highest temperature.
12. Use RPM fix mode, toggle the arrow to set up the rotating speed.
13. AI Cooling function is a new feature that applies on ASUS Intel Z490 series motherboard. Al Cooling will decrease the fan rotating speed when system is at stable status.
Question1: What to do when fan is not working?
Step 1: Open Fan Xpert 4 in AI Suite 3, do the fan tuning again.
Step 2: Make sure all the cables plug properly.
Step 3: Plug another fan to check if the card is working.
Step 4: Contact ASUS service center if the steps above are unable to fix the problem.
Question 2: I am unable to set up the rotating speed through Fan Xpert 4.
Step 1: Open Fan Xpert 4 in AI Suite 3, and do the fan tuning again.
Step 2: Uninstall the AI Suite 3, and install AI Suite 3 again. Refer to the link below for the steps to install and uninstall the AI Suite 3. https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1012780
Question 3: Which model supports AI Cooling function?
Answer 3: ASUS Intel Z490 series motherboards supports AI Cooling function.
Question 4: Is all fan headers on the motherboard support AI Cooling?
Answer 4: Fans need to be connected to the following headers for Al Cooling control: CPU_FAN / CPU_OPT / CHA_FAN / M.2_FAN / H_AMP / RAD_FAN, the actual fan headers varies by models.