[Phone] Troubleshooting - Abnormal charging
Applicable situations: Issues with charging, USB cable damage, AC adapter damage, Fail to charge troubleshooting, Battery charge time
※1. Please check for any signs of damage on the USB Cable and AC adapter, such as breakage, pins bent or pins deformed. Do not use damaged USB cables or AC adapters.
2. Please check and remove any debris from the USB port on the device. If the USB port is damaged, please bring your device with the USB cable and AC adapter to your local ASUS service center for further assistance.
Table of Contents:
1. Use the original ASUS USB cable and adapter. Remove the USB cable from adapter,re-connect and charge for 15 to 30 minutes to see whether the charge dysfunction can be improved and solved.
2. Charge your device by connecting to a laptop making sure the laptop has a sufficient power supply: If you charge your phone/pad by connecting it to the USB port of a laptop, we suggest you plug the original AC Adapter provided in the package into the power socket and charge for 15- 30 minutes to confirm.
3. After you connect the phone/pad to the AC Adapter, please check whether the power indicator is ON.(only for the device with power signal indicator)
If there is NO power signal, please send your device to Repair Center for examination and please be sure to include the USB cable and charger for examination as well.
If the power indicator is ON, restart the device to see if the problem is resolved.
4. Update the system firmware to the latest version : Tap Settings＞System＞System updates and TapCheck now.
5. Enter Safe Mode: Press and hold the Power Key > Press and hold Power Off > Press OK. If your device works normally under Safe Mode but malfunctions after you restart, this may be caused by 3rd party applicaitons. We suggest you backup all the data stored in the device and conduct a Factory reset.
6. Back up all the data and conduct a Factory reset on your device.
Power does not increase when the charging is in process
1. Reboot your Phone.
2. Use or replace another ASUS USB cable and adapter to charge and check again.
3. Try other USB port or socket to test.
4. Update the system firmware to the latest version : Tap Settings＞System＞System updates,and Tap Chekc now.
5. Access to Safe Mode (Long press Power key > Tap and hold Power Off > Tap OK ) If your phone / tablet works well in safe mode, but cannot work normally after you restart the device, malfunction might be casued by 3rd party apps; we suggaat you backup your all data and conduct system factory reset.
1. Try another ASUS USB cable and AC Adapter.
2. If you usually charge by connecting to laptop with a USB cable, try to charge your device with an AC Adapter instead.
3. Try connecting to different power outlets.
4. Running power consuming apps while charging the device is NOT suggested.
5. Update the system firmware to the latest version : Tap Settings ＞System＞ System updates,and Tap Check now.
6. Enter Safe Mode (Press and hold Power key > Press and hold Power Off > Press OK ). If your device works normally under Safe Mode but malfunctions after you restart, this may be caused by 3rd party applications. We suggest you backup all the data stored in the device and conduct system factory reset.