[Motherboard]Troubleshooting of Intel RAID -how to Rebuild
If your motherboard BIOS RAID option shows as [Degraded], or Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management software in Windows operation system show RAID status abnormal.
This is because the RAID status is abnormal, please refer to the following steps for RAID recovery.
The following picture is in BIOS setup.
The following picture is in Windows operation system.
A: Please backup the DATA before recovery
B: RAID recovery only supports Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management software, BIOS can't recovery RAID
Below as ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO for example
1. Power on the system and click Windows Icon and select [All apps] as below picture
2. Select [Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management] AP as below picture
3. In the [Management] page of Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management software, click on the unknown hard disk to Identify the abnormal hard disk.
4. Power off the system and remove the power cord, remove the failed hard disk and install a new one of the same size or larger and same type hard disk.
5. Follow about step 1 and 2, open [Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management] software as below picture.
Click the new install SSD, click [Mark as spare] as below picture.
6. Click [Mark as spare] as below picture
WARNING: Completing this action will permanently delete existing data on the disk. Back up data before continuing.
7. RAID will start recovery as below picture
Tips : The recovery time may different due to different type disk and storage
8. The state will show normal after finishing recovery as below picture
Q1: How to install Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management AP？
A1: Please refer to [Motherboard] How to install motherboard drivers and utilities?
Q2: Why RAID status keeps showing as Rebuilding under BIOS after replacing a failed HDD or M.2 SSD?
A2: BIOS doesn't support RAID recovery, please install and open Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management software in Windows system and wait for RAID recovery to complete.
The RAID state will be back to Normal after RAID recovery completes.
Q3：Which RAID type support RAID recovery？
A3: RAID1, RAID5, RAID10 support RAID recovery, you can also refer to FAQ: How to create RAID in BIOS Setup?