[Notebook] ASUS ScreenXpert (Screenpad 2.0) - Introduction
Powered by the new ScreenXpert software, ScreenPad 2.0 now has a larger touchscreen that offers many new features and benefits. This interactive secondary touchscreen enhances productivity, allowing for more efficient workflow. It includes a collection of handy ASUS utilities to boost productivity: Quick Key enables one-tap automation of complex keyboard sequences, Handwriting for natural text input, and Number Key for rapid data entry. The revised smartphone-like interface is more intuitive for improved ease of use. Third party developers can also use ASUS API to optimize their software and user experiences for ScreenPad. The hardware is now also more energy efficient than its predecessor, allowing for longer battery life when ScreenPad is in use.
Please Note: Office Xpert (Doc Xpert, Sheet Xpert, Slide Xpert) has been removed from the service after V188.8.131.52 and later version.
If you want to continue to use Office Xpert, you can click the link to download it, unzip it and install it. After the installation completes, please restart your computer.
If the Office Xpert function is abnormal after the installation completes, please confirm whether the ScreenXpert APP is 184.108.40.206 and above, and whether the ASUS ScreenXpert Interface Driver is 220.127.116.11 and above. If either of the driver version does not meet the requirements, please go to the second section of this article "Application and Driver Version Requirements" to download the latest version of the driver.
- ScreenPad main interface content
- Application and driver version requirements
- Link to MyASUS
- App Switcher
- Task View
- Control center
- Navigation bar lock
- Added App icon and homepage editing in ScreenPad
- Touch function & External screen
- ScreenPad Built-in App function
- Install & Uninstall ScreenXpert
- Comparison between ScreenPad 1.0 & ScreenPad 2.0
The minimum driver version for the latest ScrfeenPad application as below:
ScreenXpert App V18.104.22.168 and above (updated in Microsoft store)
MyASUS App V22.214.171.124 and above (updated in the Microsoft store)
ScreenXpert Driver V126.96.36.199 and above (The update method is at the end of this article, you can click here to get there quickly)
ASUS System Control Interface V2 Driver v188.8.131.52 and above (the update method is at the end of this article, you can click here to get there quickly)
1. [Link to MyASUS] provides functions such as address book, call log, and dialing. (The mobile device must be able to make calls and be connected to the la[top via Link to MyASUS)
(How to connect the Link to MyASUS laptop to the mobile device and how to use this function please refer to the content in the link: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1041686/)
※ After ScreenXpert version 184.108.40.206, the [Phone Call] function will be removed from ScreenXpert.
1.1 Click the [Call History] icon to browse the call history of the mobile device. Click the small arrows at the top and bottom to browse the call history up and down, and click any call history to make a call. (This function requires your mobile device to enable related permissions. For specific operations, you can click here to browse related questions about Link to MyASUS permissions and the complete operation SOP)
1.2 Click the [Address Book] icon to browse the list of contacts on the mobile device. Click the small arrows at the top and bottom to browse the contacts on the mobile device up and down. Click any contact to make a call. (This function requires your mobile device to enable related permissions. For specific operations, you can click here to browse related questions about Link to MyASUS permissions and the complete operation SOP)
1.3 Click [Dial] to make a call through the laptop. It should be noted that the communication between the mobile device and the laptop is connected by Bluetooth, and the quality of the call will be affected by the connection quality.
2.1 After clicking the icon, the screen will enable the touchpad function.
You can turn off the touchpad function by clicking the [x] in the upper right corner.
2.2 You can also click the keyboard F6 key to select ScreenPad mode, traditional touchpad mode, and touchpad disabled three ScreenPad modes.
3. [App Switcher]
3.1 Click [App Switcher], the program running on ScreenPad will be transferred to the main screen for display.
3.2 Dragging the App window on the home screen displays ①[Screen Indicator] to confirm the location of the screen. It will also display the ②[App Switcher] menu feature, which contains screen 1 and screen 2 icons.
3.3 If you drag the mouse into the range of ③[Screen 1], four usable icons will be displayed.
Drag the mouse into the [Left Arrow], and the app window will appear in Screen 1 to occupy half of the left side of the screen.
Drag the mouse into the [Up Arrow], and the app window will be displayed in full screen within Screen 1.
Drag the mouse into the [Right Arrow], and the app window will appear in Screen 1 to occupy half of the right side of the screen.
Drag the mouse into the [Middle Area] and the app window will be centered within Screen 1. The following image will be illustrated as an example of the [Middle Area].
3.4 The app window is already centered within Screen 1.
4. [Homepage] icon, when a window was displayed on the ScreenPad, click the icon, the ScreenPad will back to the main interface.
5. [App Navigator] icon, you can browse the Apps running on ScreenPad at this time. You can click the apps to display it on the ScreenPad, or click [X] or [Clear All] in the upper right corner to close the application running on the ScreenPad.
6. [Control Center] icon, to setup and personalize your ScreenPad.
6.1 Drag left and right with your finger to adjust the brightness of ScreenPad.
6.2.1 Click [App Navigator] to open the App Navigator on the main screen of laptop
6.2.2 The App Navigator has been opened on the main screen of the laptop. The upper part is the main screen display area of the laptop, and the lower part is the ScreenPad display area. You can drag the application with the mouse to decide whether to display on the main screen or the ScreenPad.
6.3.1 Click [Task Group Capture] to layout all applications currently running on the laptop in a group for you to open these applications quickly.
6.3.2 Swipe your finger to the right on the main ScreenPad to open the group editing interface. Click any group to open all programs in the group on the laptop. Click the [+] icon to add all applications currently running on your laptop as a group, so that you can quickly launch those applications next time.
6.4 Click [ScreenPad Lock] to lock or unlock the ScreenPad touch function.. Click the [TouchPad] icon in the lower left corner to turn on TouchPad, and click the [Lock] icon in the lower right corner to unlock the ScreenPad.
6.5.1 Click to transfer the [Control Center] display to laptop main screen.
6.5.2 Click to transfer [Control Center] display to ScreenPad. Click to hide the [Control Center] on the laptop main screen in the lower right corner.
6.6.1 Click [Settings] to setup ScreenPad and personalize the brightness, background and others.
6.6.2 After clicking the ScreenPad display, the following setup options will appear.
7. Click the [Navigation Bar Lock] icon, when there are apps displayed on the ScreenPad, the navigation bar at the bottom will still be displayed. If you do not enable the lock, you need to swipe up from the bottom of the ScreenPad to wake up the navigation bar.
8. Added App icon and homepage editing in ScreenPad
8.1 If you want to fix any App icon on the main ScreenPad interface, you need to ①open the application on the main screen, and then ②swipe your finger to the left on the main ScreenPad interface to open [Add selected app to ScreenPad]. In the interface, click the ③application icon, and ④slide your finger to the right on the blank space to fix the application icon on the main screen of the ScreenPad, so that you can quickly open the application on the ScreenPad next time.
8.2 Press and hold any icon on the ScreenPad main interface to enter the icon editing state. You can click [X] to delete the icon from the main interface, or drag the icon with your finger to sort it.
1. This screen supports up to 5 touch points.
2. Windows defines this screen as the extended one for the main screen. It is also the second screen of the system. When you connect to the external screen, it becomes the third screen of the system. You can access the system in [Display Settings].
ScreenPad Built-in App function
1. Number Key
Click the Number Key icon on the main interface of ScreenPad to use the number key function on the ScreenPad.
After clicking this icon, the Number Key function will be disabled to restrict any accidental touch
2. Handwriting Click the Handwriting icon on the main interface to execute the handwriting function on the ScreenPad.
You can click on the Global icon to select a preferred language.
3. Quick Key Click the [Quick Key] icon in the ScreenPad to enable the [Quick Key] function
Modify the shortcut keys for this group.
4. Slide Xpert, an efficient Power Point auxiliary application.
Collapse the Ribbon Command.
Insert icon, you can quickly add a new slide in the PPT.
The Slide show icon, you can quickly open the slide show function.
Toolbar, you can quickly modify the font options.
Number Key icon, digital keypad.
Link icon, when switching to PowerPoint on the main screen, ScreenPad will automatically open Slide Xpert.
5. Doc Xpert is an efficient Word auxiliary application. (The built-in functions of the App are very similar to Slide Xpert, please refer to the introduction of Slide Xpert)
6. Sheet Xpert is an efficient Excel auxiliary application. (The built-in functions of the App are very similar to Slide Xpert, please refer to the introduction of Slide Xpert)
7. App Deals. In the AppDeals, you can manually download the application you want and then pin it onto the main screen of the ScreenPad for quick startup and improve your efficiency.
You can refer to this FAQ for the detailed introduction of AppDeals : https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1031975
Install & Uninstall ScreenXpert
To install the ScreenXpert app ond driver:
1.Go to the ASUS Official website and search your notebook model.
2.Click [support] then click [Driver & Tools]
3.Choose your notebook OS
4.Download the driver and app, then install both.
You can uninstall ScreenXpert from the content provided at the following link:https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1013598
|No.||AP Name (Feature)||ScreenPad 1.0||ScreenPad 2.0|
|1||Music player (offline)||V||X|
|16||Alarms & Clocks||X||V|
|18||Movies & TV||X||V|
1. Q: The ScreenPad is blinking when 1) I plug in/remove the power source ,2) plug the external screen into my laptop and remove, or 3) when the laptop wakes up or restarts. Is it the normal situation?
A: It is normal that ScreenPad is defined as the external screen of the system, and when you do the above actions, you will let the operating system detect the screen hardware, which will cause the screen to be black or flash. Similar flickers occur when your la[top uses an HDMI external screen.
2. Q: Is it normal for your laptop make sounds when powered-off and powered on, or when ScreenPad switches to laptop Screen Only mode?
A: It is normal phenomenon. To make ScreenPad more power-saving, ScreenPad is power-off when it's not used, turn on. This tone is a power-on tone When the laptop uses USB external device, there will be a similar tone.
3. Q: What should I do when the ScreenPad resolution (2160x1080) is higher than the resolution of an app?
A: It is recommended to use 1000x500 resolution and 2160x1080 resolution in special situations such as watching movies.
4. Q: When using the ScreenPad, the text appears blurry.
A: The ScreenPad resolution can be adjusted to 2160 x 1080, which is 2K resolution. You can also manually adjust the resolution in your laptop's Display Settings.
5. Q: When I watch a movie, sometimes I feel a slight lag, what do I do?
A: In the ScreenPad settings you can adjust the screen refresh rate, the factory default 50Fps, which is based on power saving considerations. You can manually change to 60Fps so there isn't any lag.
6. Q: When an app is displayed full-screen on ScreenPad, system notifications (such as headphone plug-in, etc.) are hidden, what should I do?
A: To locate the hidden notification feature (Windows 1903 version), please right-click the Start menu, select System and go into Focus Assistant to set full-screen mode to still receive notifications.
7. Q: Mouse down on ScreenPad is not easy to find, what should I do?
A: When using the Home screen instead of using ScreenPad, you can temporarily switch to TouchPad Mode via the TouchPad icon or the F6 shortcut.
8. Q: When setting "only second screen" by setting the "Fn" and "F8" shortcut when the function key is locked, the main screen is displayed on the ScreenPad, when the external monitor is connected and "only second screen" is switched. Is it OK that the picture is still displayed on the ScreenPad instead of the external monitor?
A: Because the system defines ScreenPad as the second screen and the external display as the third screen, the main screen display is normal on screenpad when switching "only second screen" mode. You can go to Show Settings to adjust the screen order settings.
9. Q: What can I do to switch other modes by setting "Computer Screen Only" by setting "Fn" and "F8" shortcuts when the function key is locked, and then using "Win + P" may not be effective?
A: Due to the "Computer Screen Only" mode ScreenPad power loss, please go to the Display Settings to adjust the screen order settings and use the F6 shortcut (or function key lock with the "Fn" and "F6" shortcut) to switch mode. To avoid this, you can update the ScreenXpert driver to 220.127.116.11, the ScreenXpert App to 18.104.22.168 or higher.
10. Q: What if I switch the display screen with the F8 shortcut (or the function key lock when you lock it) and get stuck in "Only Second Screen" or "Computer Screen Only"?
A: Because "Computer Screen Only" mode will power off the ScreenPad, re-powering back to the pre-power-off state, and the F8 shortcut can only be switched sequentially, so it is stuck between "second screen only" or "computer screen only" mode. At this point, please switch to another mode by "Win + P", or use the F6 shortcut (or the "Fn" and "F6" shortcut when the function key is locked). To avoid this, you can update the ScreenXpert driver to 22.214.171.124 and the ScreenXpert App to 126.96.36.199 or higher.
11. Q: When I play the game on the full screen, if I touch the second screen, the game will automatically jump back to the desktop?
A: If you want to use the second screen synchronously when you play the game on the main screen, it is recommended that the main screen enters the window mode (including the infinite mode); if you do not need to use the second screen, in the full screen mode, in order to avoid accidental touch, it is recommended to close the second screen.
12. Q: Why do I open my laptop after it goes to sleep, and the window originally displayed on the second screen will be displayed on the main screen?
A: In order to make the model with the ScreenPad more power-saving, the system is designed to be powered off when the ScreenPad is not in use, and is powered on when it is turned on. Therefore, when the notebook is sleeped, the window displayed on the second screen will be transferred to the main screen display due to the power failure of the second screen.
13. Q: The ScreenPad will blink a few times when the notebook is turned on. Is this normal?
A: It is normal, if your notebook uses HDMI external screen, the external screen will also flash, the same reason.
14. Q: When dragging some Microsoft applications on the main screen, you may not be able to open the two functions of "Windows Switcher" and "Add to Launcher". Why?
A: The reason why some Microsoft applications do not have open permissions. however, ASUS provides other alternatives. For details, refer to this article "Drag the window on the main screen."
15. Q: Why is it that after my laptop updates the Windows system, I find that ScreenXpert cannot start automatically after booting up? Why?
A: The startup of ScreenXpert requires the support of Windows Service. the service startup speed of the upgraded Windows system is slower than that of ScreenXpert, which will cause ScreenXpert to fail to start automatically. solution as below :
1. Manually open ScreenXpert after the laptop is turned on.
2. Roll back the system. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update, Click on "Recovery" in Left hand column, Click “Get Started” under Go Back to the Previous Version of Windows 10.