This ASUS manufacturer warranty (hereafter referred to as the "Warranty") is granted by ASUSTeK Computer Inc. (hereafter referred to as "ASUS") to the purchaser (hereafter referred to as "You") of the ASUS computer system (hereafter referred to as the "Product"). This Warranty is being delivered with the Product, subject to the following terms and conditions. ASUS accredited Service Agents and Repair Centers will provide the services covered under this Warranty.
Warranty period of the Product:
This warranty applies for the period defined on the label sticker at the back of the Product ("Warranty Period"). For example: 24M means 24 months, and 36M means 36 months from the date the warranty started ("Warranty Start Date"). This warranty commences on the date the Product was first purchased by an end-customer ("Date of Purchase"), and terminates on the end of the Warranty Period ("Warranty End Date"). If the Date of Purchase is not applicable, the start of the Warranty Period will be on the date the Product was first activated by an end-customer recorded by ASUS ("Date of Activation"). If Date of Activation cannot be applied or proof of purchase cannot be provided, the manufacture date as recorded by ASUS will be deemed to be the start of the Warranty Period. If the Warranty End Date falls upon a national holiday or any non-business day, it will be extended to the next business day. The actual Warranty End Date may vary depending on the countries national holidays or non-business days.
Warranty period of battery:
12 months warranty from the Date of Purchase.
This warranty is given independently of any statutory rights that may apply in the country of purchase and does not affect or limit such statutory rights in any manner whatsoever.
ASUS warrants the Product to be free from defects in workmanship and materials in the country where you originally bought your ASUS product during the Warranty Period. Please note that the warranty terms of bundled accessories may differ from the Product in different countries, please refer to www.asus.com/support for more details. (Please select your product by choosing your product series / product model to see its warranty) If the Product fails during normal and proper use within the Warranty Period, ASUS, at its discretion, will repair or replace the defective parts of the Product, or the Product itself, with new or reconditioned parts or products that are functionally equivalent or superior to those originally supplied.
This Warranty applies only if the Product was newly manufactured on the Date of Purchase and not sold as used, refurbished or manufacturing seconds. Please keep the original purchase invoice and this warranty card for future service request. This Warranty does not include failure caused by improper installation, operation, cleaning or maintenance, accident, damage, misuse, abuse, non-ASUS modifications to the product, any third party software programs, normal wear and tear or any other event, act, default or omission outside ASUS’ control. For further details, see section 6 of this Warranty Card.
All components that an ASUS Service Center repaired or replaced will be under warranty for three months or for the remainder of the warranty period, whichever is applicable. The Repair Center may recover the originally configured operation system bundled with the Product. ASUS will not restore or transfer any data or software from the Product’s original storage media. If the Product is repaired, all user generated data may be permanently deleted.
If the Product is under Warranty, You hereby agree to transfer the ownership of replaced defective parts and such parts shall automatically become the property of ASUS.
2. Software Support
Any software delivered with the Product is provided "as-is". ASUS does not guarantee uninterrupted or error-free operation of any software provided with the Product.
This warranty covers the hardware of the Product. ASUS will provide technical support for the Product’s preinstalled software only when it concerns the proper functioning of the hardware. For other problems with the software, we advise You to review the user manuals, the ASUS support web site and/ or other online resources. Third party software may require support from the respective vendors.
3. Display Panel Defect Policy
Despite the highest possible standards, the intricate manufacturing of the display panel may still produce slight visual imperfections. These visual imperfections do not impair the performance of Your Product.
However, ASUS will provide the warranty service for Your ASUS Product's display panel only if there are at least:
- 3 bright pixels or 5 dark pixels or 8 bright and/or dark pixels in total; or
- 2 adjacent bright pixels or 2 adjacent dark pixels; order
- 3 bright and/or dark pixels within an area 15 mm in diameter.
- NOTE: A bright pixel is a white or sub-pixel that is always on under
- BLACK pattern. A dark pixel is a dark or sub-pixel that is always off
- under patterns excluding black.
The inspection conditions are:
- Not less than 30cm distance, in a straight line, between the display panel and the inspector
- Room temperature between 20~40 ℃
- Lighting is between 300 and 500 lux
4. Customer responsibility
When using the Product
- Read the user manual first and use the Product only according to the user manual.
- Do not leave the Product connected to the power supply once it is fully charged and not turned on. Some electrical items are not designed to be left connected to the power supply for extended periods of time.
- Periodically back up your data stored on the Product.
- Keep the original packaging. In case the Product needs to be returned for repair, original packaging provides a better protection for the Product during transportation.
- Please check the manual and the ASUS support website for troubleshooting solutions, before contacting the customer service.
- If the Product is designed with the TPM (Trusted Platform Module) function, keep the embedded security chip pre-boot password in a safe place (Note: Due to the design of TPM, it is not possible for ASUS to reset the embedded security chip pre-boot password. If the password is lost, the Product can only be repaired by replacing the entire motherboard, which is not covered under the Warranty.)
When contacting ASUS Customer Service
- Before contacting ASUS technical support, ensure that You have the Product in front of You and that it is turned on, if feasible. Please also be ready to provide the Product’s serial number, the model name and proof of purchase.
- Technical support hotline phone number can be found at www.asus.com/support
- You will be requested by ASUS to perform some of the Product’s troubleshooting tasks or actions, which may include the following:
- Restoring the Product’s operating system, factory-installed drivers, and applications to the factory default settings.
- Installing updates, patches or service packs.
- Running diagnostic tools and programs on the Product.
- Allowing the ASUS technical support agent to access the Product with remote diagnostic tools (when available).
- Performing other reasonable activities requested by ASUS, which will assist in identifying or resolving the problems.
- If the problem is not solved remotely, you will have to return the Product to an ASUS Repair Center (this process is called "RMA"). ASUS will issue an RMA number for Your Product. Please record Your RMA Number for tracking purposes.
- Describe the problem clearly and completely on the RMA request form.
- Enclose a copy of this completed warranty card and a copy of Your sales invoice/receipt detailing the purchase of Your Product. (Please note: ASUS reserves the right to request the original documents.) If You do not provide the requested documents for warranty validation then the manufacture date of the Product as recorded by ASUS will be deemed to be the start of the Warranty Period.
- Ensure that You have fully backed up all the data stored on Your Product and removed any personal, confidential, or proprietary information before any service process is started. ASUS may delete any data, software, or programs installed on the Product without restoring them. ASUS shall not be held liable for the permanent loss, damage, or misuse of your data.
- Pack the Product in safe and stable packaging. The original packaging may be useful for this purpose. In any case, the packaging should meet the following requirements:
- Use a rigid box with flaps intact
- Remove any labels, hazardous materials indicators, and other previous shipment markings on the box that are no longer applicable
- Wrap all items separately
- Use adequate cushioning material
- Use strong tape designed for shipping
- Do not use string or paper over-wrap
- Use a single address label that has clear, complete delivery and return information
- Place a duplicate address label inside the package
- Please do not send in anything but the Product itself unless specifically requested by ASUS. Please remove any accessories as well as any removable storage devices such as memory cards, discs, flash drives, from the Product. ASUS shall have no liability for the loss, damage or destruction of accessories or removable storage devices, unless they are caused by willful or gross negligent acts by ASUS.
- Remove or provide any password that You assigned to the Product. If access to the Product is blocked by passwords, then ASUS may not detect and repair all failures of the Product.
- If the Product is designed with the TPM (Trusted Platform Module) function, provide the embedded security chip pre-boot password.
5. RMA methods
If RMA is necessary, you have to deliver your product to the nearest ASUS Repair Center. ASUS may, in its sole discretion, simplify the service procedure by offering you to deliver the Product to the retail shop where you bought it or through a free pick-up and delivery service.
6. Exclusions from this limited Warranty Service
ASUS does not warrant uninterrupted or error-free operation of this Product. The warranty only covers technical hardware issues during the Warranty Period and in normal use conditions. It applies to firmware issues but not to any other software issues or customer induced damages or circumstances such as but not limited to:
- (a) Damage caused to this Product(s) by you or any non-authorized third party, and the damage caused accordingly will not be covered by this Warranty, including but not limited to improper installation of HDD, SSD and/or RAM.
- (b) For those installed or modified with any other non-original software or hardware (such as HDD, SSD or RAM), ASUS will only test/repair under the original software/hardware configuration. ASUS does not warrant the issue caused by non-original software or hardware. This Warranty will not cover the damage caused accordingly, including but not limited to improper installation.
- (c) The serial number of the Product, components or accessories has been altered, cancelled or removed;
- (d) Obsolescence;
- (e) Damage (accidental or otherwise) to the Product that does not impact the Product’s operation and functions, such as without limitation to rust, change in color, texture or finish, wear and tear, and gradual deterioration;
- (f) Damage to the Product caused by war, terrorism, fire, accident, natural disaster, intentional or accidental misuse, abuse, neglect or improper maintenance, and use under abnormal conditions;
- (g) Damage to the Product caused by improper installation, improper connection or malfunction of a peripheral device such as printer, optical drive, network card, or USB device, etc.;
- (h) Damage to the Product caused by an external electrical fault or any accident;
- (i) Damage to the Product resulting from use outside of the operation, storage parameters, or environment detailed in the User’s Manual;
- (j) Damage to the Product caused by third party software or virus(es); or there is software loss or data loss that may occur during repair or replacement;
- (k) Unusability due to forgotten or lost security passwords;
- (l) Unusability of or damage to the Product caused by contamination with hazardous substances, diseases, vermin, or radiation;
- (m) Fraud, theft, unexplained disappearance, or damages/detrimental circumstances caused by a willful act of the customer;
- (n) Unusability or damage to the Product caused by installing and using the Unlock Device App, which is a utility that will unlock your Product's boot loader but will render the Warranty null and void.
7. Limitation of Liability
Except as provided in this warranty and to the maximum extent permitted by law, ASUS is not responsible for direct, special, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any breach of warranty or condition, or under any other legal theory, including but not limited to loss of use; loss of revenue; loss of actual or anticipated profits (including loss of profits on contracts); loss of the use of money; loss of anticipated savings; loss of business; loss of opportunity; loss of goodwill; loss of reputation; loss of, damage to or corruption of data; or any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever caused including the replacement of equipment and property, any costs of recovering or reproducing any data stored on or used with the Product. The foregoing limitation shall not apply to death or personal injury claims, or any statutory liability for intentional and gross negligent acts and/or omissions by ASUS. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages; to the extent such jurisdiction is governing this Warranty the above limitations do not apply to You.
9. Out-of-Warranty cases
Returning the Product to the ASUS Repair Center during the Warranty Period does not automatically mean that it will be repaired free of charge. Upon receiving Your Product, ASUS reserves the right to check the validity of Your Warranty and Your request for Warranty service. If the Warranty Period has lapsed or if any of the exclusions in clause 6 apply, Your request will be deemed out of warranty ("OOW").
If Your service request is OOW, a Service Charge List, consisting of Assessment Fee (waived if You accept the repair), Repair Fee (Labor and Parts) and Courier Fee (to return the Product), with an offer for repair will be provided to You, which You may accept or reject. If You accept the repair, we will provide You with an invoice for the Repair Fee and Courier Fee and any other costs stated in the Service Charge List. You must pay the invoice within 4 weeks of the invoice’s date of issue. The repair will only be completed after the invoice is settled. If You reject the repair, we will provide You with an invoice for the Assessment Fee and Courier Fee to return your Product.
10. Abandoned Property
After Your Product has been repaired/replaced, or if You do not agree to the repair offer, ASUS will return your repaired product /product replacement via the agreed RMA method and after any invoices are settled. If You do not pick up Your Product, or if delivery is not possible at the address provided by You, ASUS will send You a notice at the address You provided when requesting the service. If You still fail to pick up the Product within a period of 90 days from sending the notice, ASUS reserves the right to claim damages from you, including the cost of storage; to dispose the product in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations; and any statutory right of lien for unpaid charges.
11. International Warranty and Support
ASUS Notebook International Warranty offers service and support during the Warranty Period within the covered countries of ASUS Notebook International Warranty if applicable to the warranty entitlement of Product. For example, if an ASUS product purchased in country "A" travelled to country "B" and would like to request for service in country "B", then if "A" and "B" are within the countries covered by ASUS Notebook International Warranty, such ASUS product may be eligible to receive international warranty in country "B", subject to the following restrictions:
- For coverage countries list of ASUS Notebook International Warranty, please visit ASUS support site www.asus.com/support. (Please select your product by choosing your product series / product model to see its warranty)
- Service procedures may vary by country.
- Some service and/or spare parts may not be available in certain countries.
- Localized spare parts (such as keyboard/ keymats) may only be available in certain countries, and may be replaced with the spare parts available in the country where the repair is requested.
- Some countries may have fees and restrictions that apply at the time of service, please visit the ASUS Support site at www.asus.com/support for more details.
- Certain countries may require additional documentation, such as proof of purchase or proof of proper importation, prior to performing the ASUS Notebook International Warranty, please visit the ASUS Support site at www.asus.com/support for more details.
- Some notebook products may not be eligible for ASUS Notebook International Warranty due to product configuration. For eligible products with ASUS Notebook International Warranty, please visit ASUS support site www.asus.com/support and/or contact your local region for further clarification.
To enjoy comprehensive international warranty service, visit ASUS Service Center website at www.asus.com/support/contact-ASUS for detailed locations.
ASUS reserves the right to interpret the provisions in this ASUS Warranty Information. The information in this warranty card may change without prior notice. Please visit the ASUS Support site at www.asus.com/support for current and complete ASUS warranty information.
12. Special Local Service Information
This following clauses apply in the designated country/territory only.
- ASUS products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the products repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- You can find more information about the Australian Consumer Law on the ACCC website: www.accc.gov.au (see under For Consumers tab).
- ASUSTeK Computer Inc. offers this Warranty in conjunction with any guarantees imposed by the Australian Consumer Law.
ASUS Service Centre Contact Information
Procedure for making a warranty claim
(a) To make a claim You can do one of the following things:
- Contact our Call Centre by telephone on 1300 278 788 in Australia or 0800 278 788 in New Zealand; or
- Visit Your retailer (place of purchase) and lodge the claim personally with retail staff; or
- Visit Your local ASUS Service Centre (details of locations provided below), and lodge the claim personally with ASUS Service Centre staff.
(b) When You lodge Your claim You should provide a full description of the Product and the reason for the claim.
(c) Once You have lodged Your claim, we will ask You or Your retailer to return the Product. To return the Product, You or Your retailer can do one of the following things:
- Arrange for the Product to be delivered to ASUS (at Your own expense); or
- Request that ASUS arrange a courier to collect the Product from You (This applies only if the Product is covered under the Warranty. ASUS will bear this cost); or
- Return the Product to Your local ASUS Service Centre.
(d) You will need to present a copy of Your receipt as proof of purchase in order to make a claim under the Warranty as the original receipt will not be returned. You can do this by:
- Including a copy of the receipt with the Product if it is delivered to ASUS for repair; or
- Providing a copy to ASUS Service Centre staff if You return Your Product to Your local ASUS Service Centre.
(e) We will then assess Your claim and notify You whether it is covered under the Warranty. The decision whether to repair or replace a Product is at our sole discretion unless there is a “major failure” as defined in the Australian Consumer Law.
(f) If the claim is approved, we will deliver the repaired or replaced Product back to You at our own cost. You will need to provide us with Your contact details so that we can return the Product to You.
(g) If the claim is rejected and we determine the Product is not covered under the Warranty, an Assessment Fee and Courier Fee will apply, and we will deliver the Product back to You. This will be at Your expense. If Your claim is not covered, ASUS will offer to repair the Product at Your expense, a Repair Fee and Courier Fee will apply.
(h) Please note that our courier service is limited to areas within Australia that are accessible by our couriers. For more information please contact our Call Centre on 1300 278 788.
ASUS contact details
This warranty is provided by:
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
1F., No. 15, Lide Rd., Beitou Dist.
Taipei City 112, Taiwan