Last Update : 2022/04/14
Refurbished Product Terms
Complete Unit*: | Battery*: | AC Adapter*:
3 Month Ltd 3 Month Ltd 3 Month Ltd
*Accessories will vary from each individual Refurbished SKU.
ASUS warrants that the refurbished product, except for (free) bundled accessories, which were delivered together ASUS warrants that the refurbished product, except for (free) bundled accessories, which were delivered together with the Refurbished Product (if applicable), to be free from defects in workmanship and materials for a period of three (3) months from the date of purchase. Refurbished products are covered under a parts and labor repair or buffer exchange warranty for hardware, manufacturing, and/or power related issues (excluding power surges and/or electrical spikes). If the refurbished product fails during normal and proper use within the warranty period ASUS will, at ASUS’ discretion, repair or replace the product using new or refurbished parts that are equivalent in performance and reliability. Refurbished products feature internal components that are not end user replaceable and therefore are warranted in the same manner as the complete unit.
This warranty applies only to products that are refurbished on the date of purchase. Please keep the original purchase invoice and warranty card for any future service requests. If the refurbished product is covered under this warranty, the ownership of the replaced defective parts will automatically be transferred to ASUS. All components repaired or replaced by ASUS’ service site will be under warranty for the remaining period of warranty, or for no less than three (3) months.
Any software (if applicable) delivered with the refurbished product is provided “as-is” ASUS does not guarantee uninterrupted or error-free operation of any software provided with the Product. If you have any software related technical problems when using your ASUS Product, we suggest you check the User’s manual or ASUS support web site to carry out preliminary trouble shooting.
Refurbished Shipping Terms
ASUS will cover the shipping cost of shipping in the unit back to the customer after service and repairs are completed for warranty claims (expedited shipping is available upon request with an additional fee) for select models.
General Product Warranty Service Terms
Refurbished devices do not qualify for ASUS 360 or ADP.
Limitations of Liability
If the product fails during normal and proper use within the warranty period, ASUS will, at its discretion, repair or replace the defective parts within the product, or the product itself, with items that are functionally equivalent to that as originally supplied, or better, during the warranty period defined for the model, using new or refurbished parts or units. If the product is under warranty, the ownership of the replaced defective parts will automatically be transferred to ASUS. All components repaired or replaced by ASUS Service Centers will be under warranty for the remaining period of your warranty. ASUS will recover the originally configured operating system bundled with the product if the Hard Drive is to be replaced. ASUS will not be liable to restore or transfer the user’s data or programs from the original Hard Disk.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, AND ASUS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
IF THIS PRODUCT FAILS TO WORK AS WARRANTED ABOVE, THE CUSTOMER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AND ASUS’ SOLE LIABILITY SHALL BE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT. ASUS’ MAXIMUM LIABILITY UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS EXPRESSLY LIMITED TO THE LESSER OF THE PRICE YOU HAVE PAID FOR THE PRODUCT OR THE COST OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF ANY HARDWARE COMPONENTS THAT MALFUNCTION UNDER NORMAL USE. ALL ASUS WARRANTY TERMS AND AGREEMENTS ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE AND ONLY APPLY TO THE ORIGINAL UNIT AND ORIGINAL PURCHASER. ASUS IS NOT LIABLE FOR A CLAIM MADE BY A THIRD PARTY OR MADE BY YOU FOR A THIRD PARTY.
Exclusions from this Limited Warranty Service
ASUS does not warrant uninterrupted or error-free operation of this Product. Any technical or other support provided for the Product under warranty, such as assistance via telephone with “how-to” questions and support regarding product setup and information will be provided without warranties of any kind.
The Product Warranty only covers failures or malfunctions that occurred within the warranty period with normal and proper use. The warranty will not apply if:
- The serial number of the ASUS product, components or accessories has been altered, cancelled, removed, or otherwise not valid as identified by ASUS;
- Damage caused to this Product(s) by you or any non-authorized third party;
- There is damage caused by natural disaster, intentional or unintentional misuse, abuse, neglect, acts of war, improper maintenance, or use under abnormal conditions;
- There is damage caused by accidental drops, spills, fire, or power surges.
- There is damage from improper installation, improper connection, or use of parts and/or components not manufactured or sold by ASUS;
- There is damage from use outside of the operation or storage parameters or environment detailed in the User's Manual or reasonably acceptable for similar product usage models deemed industry standard best practices;
- There is damage to or loss of any program, data or removable storage media, or if there are costs from recovering any program or data;
- There is damage from third party software or from virus(es);
- There is software loss or data loss that may occur during repair or replacement.
- Support and costs involved to install or configure the product for any third party software application or hardware device, or network/wireless configuration.
- Due to technology limitations, some devices (e.g. DVD ROM and software player may not play certain titles if applicable to your product) may be limited or not compatible with the ASUS product. These limitations are common to defined standards within the hardware industry and are not specific to your ASUS product.
- You have failed to follow all return materials authorization (“RMA”) instructions provided to you by ASUS.
ASUS is not responsible for:
- Software loss or data loss that may occur during the repair or replacement of the Product (if applicable).
- Damage to or loss of any program, data, or removable storage media, or for costs of recovering any program or data (if applicable).
Refurbished Return Merchandise Authorization Service Terms
During the Limited Warranty Period as stated above, ASUS will, at its sole discretion, repair or replace any defective component. All spare parts or modules removed under this limited warranty period become the property of ASUS. The terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty constitute the complete and exclusive warranty agreement between you and ASUS for the product and supersede any prior agreement or representations made in any ASUS sales document, literature or advice that may be provided to the customer by any ASUS representative in connection with the customer’s purchase of the product. No change to the conditions of this Limited Warranty is valid unless it is made in writing and signed by an authorized ASUS representative.
If Service is required:
Returning your product to ASUS during the warranty period does not automatically mean that it will be repaired free of charge. Upon receiving your product, ASUS reserves the right to check the validity of your warranty and your request for warranty service. Neither ASUS, ASUS’ Service Centers, ASUS’ Authorized Service Providers, nor your authorized ASUS product reseller are responsible for any of your confidential, proprietary or personal information contained in the product which you return to ASUS for any reason. You should remove all such information from the product prior to its return. ASUS is not responsible for damage or loss of any personal data, programs, or removable storage media. ASUS is not responsible for the restoration or reinstallation of any data or programs other than software installed by ASUS when the product was manufactured.
Before contacting ASUS:
- Back up all your personal data and remove any confidential, proprietary information on the hard drive. ASUS will not be responsible for any loss of your own programs, data or information.
- If you received an error message, write it down with the fault description and include it with the product.
- Retrieve the following information from your ASUS product: operating system version, BIOS version, and notify if you have made any recent hardware or software changes.
- Ensure you have the following information readily available: your ASUS product’s model name, serial number, sales invoice/receipt with date of purchase and warranty card. You will be required to provide proof of purchase before warranty service can be performed.
- Make sure you are in front of your ASUS product and have your product turned on (if possible) when you call to perform troubleshooting procedures.
When preparing your product for shipment to ASUS, you will need to observe the following:
- ASUS recommends that the product be returned in its original packaging. The original packaging will provide better protection for your product during transit. Warranty may be voided if the product is damaged due to improper packaging. Original packaging may not be retuned once service is completed.
- Please do not send in anything but the product itself unless specially requested by ASUS. Any other items and accessories included in the package received by ASUS will be treated as packaging material, and may not be returned.
Please note: if your product is received packed in anything other than its original packaging, ASUS’ Service Site may charge you for appropriate anti-shock packaging when your product is returned.