[VPN] IPSec VPN setup on Mac
Step 1: Go to the VPN configuration page.
A. Log into Web GUI of your router and go to the VPN Server page.
B.On your Mac, click
Step 2: Enter VPN server details on Mac.
- Click the + button on the left-bottom corner of the network configuration screen.
- Select VPN for the Interface field.
- Select Cisco IPSec for the VPN Type field.
- Enter the name for the VPN connection.
- Click Create.
Step 3: Create a VPN connection.
- Go to the VPN Server page on your router’s web GUI.
- In the Server Address field on the network configuration screen, enter the IP address displayed in the Server IP Address field on the VPN Server page.
- From the VPN Server page on your router’s web GUI, enter the user name for accessing the VPN server in the User Name field. Enter the same user name on the Mac network configuration screen.
- From the VPN Server page on your router’s web GUI, enter the password for accessing the VPN server in the Password field. Enter the same password on the Mac network configuration screen.
- When done, click the + icon on the VPN Server page.
Step 4: Connect to the VPN.
- On the Mac network configuration screen, click Authentication Settings.
- Enter the pre-shared key on the VPN Server page ,then enter the same key in the Shared Secret field on the Machine Authentication window.
- When it's done, click OK on the Machine Authentication window.
- Click Apply on the VPN Server page.
- Tap Connect on the Mac network configuration screen.
- If you connect to the router from the Internet through IPSec VPN and cannot access the server inside the LAN, disable or check the LAN server’s firewall settings.
- If you set up the IPSec VPN connection with your mobile device or PC connected to your router at the same time, when it completes, you may connect to other devices on the LAN through IPSec VPN without the Internet access. If this occurs, disable Wi-Fi on your mobile device or PC and then connect to Internet via the 3G/4G mobile network. Now you are in a different network. Try connecting to the VPN again.
- There can only be a maximum of 8 clients with IPSec connections.
- One IPsec account/password can only allow one client to connect (max up to 8 rules of account/password).
- IPsec needs account/ password to connect, not support free login.
How to get the (Utility / Firmware)?
You can download the latest drivers, software, firmware and user manuals in the ASUS Download Center.
If you need more information about the ASUS Download Center, please refer this link.